What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hepatitis C

Does anyone know of a strain/strains that seem to help with Hep C symptoms and complications? I am looking for specific strains. Thanks in advance for your help in this matter....:cool:

DrJay2001

now at peace
My HCV results in LOTS of body aches and spasm. Try Lifesaver (shown). Along with Blueberry and White Widow, Lifesaver has helped tremendously. It also reduces nausea while stimulating appetite (maybe even too much).

Yours,
Dr. jay
798Cured_Lifesaver1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Doc...

Thanks, Doc...

Glad to see you here. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated and I enjoy your site. Lifesaver is on my next order list, but I was also thinking Bogbubble, LUI or Black Domina. Is Lifesaver manageable grown indoors in a smallish hydro garden for a relatively inexperienced grower (3 hydro grows in the last year)? How about your latest? Texas Alibi (I believe that is what you call it?) from TRC?:cool:

DrJay2001

now at peace
I love our Alibi (TRC's Texas Mystic) but I don't think it has the medicinal props of Lifesaver. Our LS has been easy to grow. It clones easily, vegges for say 4 weeks, and flowers for 44 days.

It's potent and fast and doesn't mind ferts.

I think LUI and/or Black Domina would also be good. I haven't grown either (although I'm nursing a BD clone) but I hear good things about them.

The thing I like about Lifesaver (and Blueberry) is that I get relief from the aches but still get a euphoric lift.

HCV can produce depression and certainly the peglyated Interferon/ribaviran does. That's why I think having a good chunk of an uplifting Sativa in the mix is good. Our Alibi is too Sativa and while excellent not as strong as LS.

Our new Lifesaver (I wish I could figure out how to post my pics) were 14" in veg and will finish at 24-28" in flower. You should be able to manage that.

Besides, this stuff tastes about as good as any pot I've ever smoked and that includes Cali-O.

Yours,
Dr. jay

Hippo

I've grown "Sensi's" Black domina and "Dutch passion" and "white widow webs" white widow.
The black domina was just awesome in everyway. The smoke was nice a tasty, strong thick taste and odour, the high and taste were on average quite good, id say 8/10. However it was the Black domina yeild that really surprised me as i yeilded 1.3 grams per watt, or around 800 grams per 600 watt lamp.
The WW (Dutch passion) i yeilded just under 1 gram per watt, or around 580 grams per 600 watt lamp.
The WW (WW'WEB) was slightly better yeild than DP's, and was frostier, and imo better WW. The DP's tend to herm at the end of flower too, sometimes during (i had this problem once with 1 pack and ive gone through about 3 packs of DP WW over the past couple of years trying to find the frostiest ;)

I would imagine that LS would grow fine inside and looks like a good strain for someone pretty new to indoor hydro.
I personally haven't grown of smoked it but ppl who have say its good weed without a doubt.
I eould also recomend LUI too from wat many ppl have told me its an awesome indica, gonna get me some of them too soon.
Sensi star is an awesome strain for indoors and is quite managable. Again i havent grown it personally but this is one that by buddies grow and ive tried it many times. its Knockout indica ;)
Another that i haven't grow, nor smoked it is Rockstar by Bonguru. I dont know Bonguru, however the 2 starins that he used for Rockstar are really awesome strains, to me its a genius combo. Whether or not ill get some of the bonguru's Rockstar i dunno? but i sure would like to grow that strain. Someone told me the other day that its a truely awesome smoke.
Later fella. Hippo

Black domina 7 weeks+
427blackD-SOG-TOPS3-med.jpg

Last edited:
Lexapro for depression?

Lexapro for depression?

Yes, Bonguru's Rockstar sounds mighty tasty And Sensi Star is on my list, but under LS, LUI or BD.:D Just got back home from my doctor and while there he had me take a test and it's results show that I am suffering from depression and was given a prescription for Lexapro. Anyone know of it? How about a cannabis substitute?:confused:

DrJay2001

now at peace
Hello BB. Depression is common in liver disease and can be made much worse from pegylated interferon.

Lexapro is an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor). As such is similar to Celexa, Prozac, and Paxil.

Lexapro may be very helpful for you but there are side effects. Watch out for:

upset stomach
diarrhea
constipation
changes in sex drive or ability
difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
drowsiness
increased sweating
dizziness
heartburn
stomach pain
excessive tiredness
dry mouth
increased appetite
flu-like symptoms
runny nose
sneezing
Some side effects can be serious. The following symptoms are uncommon, but if you experience either of them, call your doctor immediately:

unusual excitement
seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist (hallucinating)

Report any of the above to your doc.

Yours,
Dr. jay

Thanks, Doc!

Thanks, Doc!

Personally, I just don't feel depressed, at least I don't think so. That long list sure is making me think twice. When I was taking Intron A shots thrice weekly, I was a little depressed and I was put on Lorazapam (sp?). I just don't know... :confused:

DrJay2001

now at peace
Well BB, you can always get a second opinion on the Lexapro or try it for awhile and see for yourself.

Yours,
Dr. jay

Thanks Dr. Jay

Thanks Dr. Jay

You will never know how much I truly appreciate your input. I did seek a few more opinions and at my doctor's and wife's urging, I am now on my second day with it. Nothing noticeably diiferent yet. Sure wish that I had access to a decent sativa to use instead. Oh well, once again, wishful thinking gets me nowhere and everybody knows that this is nowhere.... .:cool:

Last edited:

agro

hello bb, you can also try a natural aproach thatt include some special food regime and some plants also can help like

silybum marianum wich is rich in slimarym and very efective for liver regeneration

ganoderma lucidum its mursrom thatt show very good results.

i can send you more information if you want

Last edited:
Agro, I am familiar with silybin and I take in the form of Maximum Milk Thistle, perhaps you can give me with a bit more information or better yet point me the way to a website address for the ganoderma lucidum. Thanks in advance! Take care and be cooool...:cool:

agro

some information about ganoderma

http://www.begellhouse.com/journals/708ae68d64b17c52,72e968661ff5d957,09001a9418679e96.html

A Phase I/II Study of a Ganoderma lucidum (Curt.: Fr.) P. Karst. (Ling Zhi, Reishi Mushroom) Extract in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis Â
Yihuai Gao
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University; Landcare Research, Private Bag 92170, Auckland, New Zealand

Shufeng Zhou
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Singapore; and Division of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Guoliang Chen
Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shanghai, China

Xihu Dai
Fuzhou General Hospital of Nanjing Military Region of the Peoples' Liberation Army, Fuzhou, Fujian, China

Jingxian Ye
Hospital of Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou, Fujian, China

He Gao
New Zealand Institute of Natural Medicines, Auckland, New Zealand

ABSTRACT

The polysaccharide fractions and triterpenes isolated from Ganoderma lucidum have shown protection effects on the liver in animal studies. This double-blind, randomised, and multicentered study aimed to evaluate the safety and effect of a G. lucidum extraction, Ganopoly, in chronic hepatitis B. Ninety patients with chronic hepatitis B, hepatitis  viral (HBV) DNA positivity, and aminotransferase elevation were included in this multicenter prospective randomized Phase I/II study. Patients were randomized to be given Ganopoly (n = 60) or placebo (n = 30) for 12 weeks, then followed up for 13 weeks. Effect of therapy on levels of HBV DNA and aminotransferase activities in serum and hepatitis  å antigen (HBeAg) status were investigated. There were 78 assessable patients who entered the trial for efficacy and safety; 13 of 52 (25%) patients receiving Ganopoly responded by reducing HBeAg and HBV DNA, compared to 1 of 26 (4%) in the control group (P < 0.05). Among those with serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST) values < 100 U/L (n = 29), 41% (12/29) responded, and among those with AST values > 100 U/L (n = 23), 65% (15/23) responded. Within the 6-month study period, 33% (17/ 52) of treated patients had normal aminotransferase (ALT) values, and 13% (7/52) had cleared hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) from serum, whereas none of the controls had normal ALT values or had lost HBsAg. Eight of 60 patients in Ganopoly group and 4 of 30 in the controls were unable to be followed up due to loss or withdrawal. Our study indicates that Ganopoly is well tolerated and appears to be active against HBV in patients with chronic hepatitis B.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts