What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anxiety&Depression

Hybrid

Hello All

I use mj medicinally for anxiety and depression and i was just wondering it anyone had any really good ideas on new strains for daytime use, i know of some good ones for the evening too help me get too sleep. I am looking for something too calm my nerves, but still be able too function and carry on a daily routine without just nailing me too the couch.

Peace and Thanks.
Hybrid

OG otis

i think it depends on how much of a smoker you are on what strain to choose for your daytime use..

i think the kush is a very good strain for evening use, but may be a little too much for daytime.

romulan x mikada is a very good strain for daytime use and so is california orange.

a couple others you may use if you are a heavy type smoker would be
a bubblegum variety or a hawaiian indica cross...

let me know if you have anymore questions

G

Otis is right, it is really an individual question because we all have different body chemistry and enjoy different strains, even at different times of the day. I like kush for the morning and afternoon smokes, leaves me nice and comfortable while not being too overwhelmed. Something like widow or Afghani is what I like to smoke during the evenings....its subjective for sure.

:)

mauie

i feel if you start your research at a site like cannagenetics you could better see what fits your needs strain wise.

i would think any SATIVA dominant strain would give you more of a lighter head high, as opposed to a couch lock indicia high.

mauie

www.cannagenetics.com

Hybrid

Thanks for all the replies brothers, i guess the best way too find an appropriate daytime smoke will be too try as many not too potent sativas or sativa leaning crosses as possible? Suggestions welcome.

Peace
Hybrid

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I have a similer problem to yours hybrid and I try to stay away from the pure sativas as a rule because of the intense paranoid feelings I get from it. The last thing you want is to smoke something and have it push your sickness into overdrive. I use the strains like Sensi Star, Afghani#1 or any of the indica dominant types. BOG's BogBubble and BoggleGum might just be what the doctor ordered, who knows. The Cali-O sure is tasty though as Otis said. It's trial and error until you hook up with the right one.Good luck.:cool:

PS: Stay away from the Cinderella99:eek:

Hybrid

Thanks KGB,

Just what i need a little first hand experience and advice, i know the killer indicas are the ticket for nightime im really looking for a some first hand advice on the daytime smoke, because i dont want to just go into a slobber knocking coma.

Peace
Hybrid

heya fellas,

like stated earlier, the effect is invidual....

KGB47 gets paranoia from sativa dominants... my girlfriend from indica dominants and favours sativas....

One friend of mine gets paranoia every time he smokes.... actually I'm kinda inclined to believe it's inside ones head...

I'm not saying that everyone gettin paranoia has problems with them selves, but I'd be interested to see if statistics would bring sum posetive correlation with paranoia and the mental state of smoker.... but it'd be sooooo hard to measure.... so... let everyone work for theirselves....and find the right strains... not forgetting the possible "black areas" in mind that have an unfavourable influence on high.... and the everyday life....

peace with yer mind and body... peace with everyone around ya. Luv yer brother and sister ;) Helping other people is good for the mind.

I hope you'll find yer med...and feel good all the time.... posetive vibes for ya dewd:cool:

Cali-o is a great strain perfect for day time and scocial but enough indica too make it a perfect medicinal daytime strain. No anxiety and and when i'm feeling blue it makes me feel alright. Also african starins are quite good for depression. Ethiopian highland is one of my favorites.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
I don't have the benefit of different strains to smoke and usually go for the heavy indicas. What I have found works for me is to just smoke less at a time and more frequently. Keeps me even keel through my bad days.

Last edited:

teddynugent

Hey, I got the same problem as you. A lot of the strains I used to live on I can't smoke anymore. I still havn't found that perfect strain for me, but I smoked a bubbleberry cross and it's the closest thing I have found to what I am looking for. Bubbleberry from Sagarmatha and Apollo11 from Brother's Grimm are next on my list of strains to order. That bubbleberry cross was some amazing stuff. It had such a cheery high and didn't really make me paranoid at all, well until I finished the 3rd. bowl in a row by myself. I probably would have been fine, but I was driving to visit a friend who lived about 3 hours away and I tend to get more paranoid when I drive and smoke now. So, I think if I was not driving, I would have been fine. It kept me in a damn good mood though. I hear some real great stuff about the A11 too. From what I've heard, the Genius pheno is supposed to be good for people with anxiety. But, I've never smoke the A11 so I don't know for sure.

teddynugent

I have just been smoking White Rhino and M-39 the past couple days. I'm not sure which is which cause they got mixed up and I've never had either one before. But, I believe it's the M-39 that has the high similar to what your looking for. It has a very nice, relaxing body high. It is very calming for me. I don't feel glued to the couch or unable to think either. Just a real nice body high, that relaxes me, takes away my worries, and puts me into a better mood. It does put me to bed at night though. The yield was nice also. Got about 2.5oz.'s a plant in a small soil setup. They could easily have pulled more than 2.5oz.'s if they were allowed to grow larger. Some have a nice semi-fruity taste, others are more complex and all are a bit earthy. They are not fully dried yet though. It will be another couple days before they are ready for the glass jars and then another few weeks before I'll really have an idea of what they're supposed to taste like. So far, I am very pleased though. I might be able to post some pictures tomorrow if my friend stops by with his camera, and I will post a smoke report after they have had a bit of a cure. I would suggest trying them though. Best of all, they were free from Marco Renda at treatingyourself.com. A friend of mine got them sent for free for his anxiety problems. He sends free seeds to anyone in need. Great guy.

Digit

bubblegum

bubblegum

Bubblegum. from what i think you are looking for, i definately reccomend bubblegum as a "daytime strain". there are perhaps more suitable sativas out there, but i have yet to find them. maybe a mild Thai strain?

ken

i'd recommend Skunk #1 :)

mainly sativa, but paranoia/anxiety free (for me at least), also should be good for depression.

fupDuck

I just finished smoking a bowl of bogbubble, and anxiety and depression have been banished for the night - your mileage may vary

Rifstonian

I really prefer Jack Herrer for daytime use as the high is strong but doesnt interfere with other activities. I have also started vaping lately and found it really makes it easier to contol the effect. Oh and the bubblegum sativa from the Oakland club is WONDERFULL and relatively cheap.

Hybrid

Well thanks for all the ideas guys. It sounds like cali-O, bubblegum, A11, or bogglegum are some favorites. If any one would be willing to work out some sort of trade for one of these or something similar PM me. I have 2 or 3 heavy indicas to swap with.

Peace
Hybrid