What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overwater.. light close... boron???

blondie

Not real sure what’s up with these young ladies. I think over watered at least part. Stunted growth as well. This is 600watt mh soil mix. I started these under 400 watt and switched to 600 when moving from peat pellets to current pics. It’s what usually works so not real sure what’s up. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 31832C0C-1DFB-4A3F-A46A-C404D5E8B56B.jpg
    31832C0C-1DFB-4A3F-A46A-C404D5E8B56B.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 78737681-176D-4753-9136-B4DE5996FAAA.jpg
    78737681-176D-4753-9136-B4DE5996FAAA.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 0C6F866B-0EE5-40FB-B6B5-3C18CCF3CCEA.jpg
    0C6F866B-0EE5-40FB-B6B5-3C18CCF3CCEA.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 0C03E404-A5B0-499A-8230-41F90F40546E.jpg
    0C03E404-A5B0-499A-8230-41F90F40546E.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 21

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think they might have got too dry rather than over watered. That soil mix looks like it's light and drains well, but the containers are a bit too big for accurate watering, which is important to small plants. I normally pot up in smaller increments, which is more work, but the more precise control of watering results in faster growing plants.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Soils too hot possibly and you're probably stressing the roots by over and underwartering them.. its really easy to do with babies thats why a really really well draining high peat weak seedling mix works best until they are at least a couple weeks in and can take changes.

Also 600 watts HID is far far far too much light for anything under 4 weeks from seed that isnt super vigorous.. looks like you're rushing things but that will only screw up your plants it wont help you grow faster.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
less is best for me

less is best for me

Baby seedlings do better under low lighting! Florescent light is better for seedlings than high intensity lamps in the beginning. When the seeds first pop, I don't water them for about 10 days in organic soil. That gives the roots a chance to search for water and get used to the soil and grow. The second watering is usually in about 4 days after the first. Only when i see the true leaves, I move them up to more light.

blondie

Points taken. Lowered light down to 400. Will watch the watering as well. Thanks for advice.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Soils too hot possibly and you're probably stressing the roots by over and underwartering them.. its really easy to do with babies thats why a really really well draining high peat weak seedling mix works best until they are at least a couple weeks in and can take changes.

Also 600 watts HID is far far far too much light for anything under 4 weeks from seed that isnt super vigorous.. looks like you're rushing things but that will only screw up your plants it wont help you grow faster.

Yeah, agreed on all points... Light is roasting them and the soil is too intense for those babies. You really should use a fine grade light mix with starting seeds. The miracle grow seed starting potting mix (GASP! I know!) is actually some good shit to start seeds with and easy to aquire. Pop some of that in solo cups or similar and off you go. Then you can move them into better stuff like Pro mix or coco or whatever beyond that...

gladysvjubb

Veteran
After I germinate my seeds, I move them in to Jiffy wafers. Which I soak for at least an hour prior to transplanting the root showing seedlings. Then I put them on a horticultural seedling heating mat. I raise them up for 4 -6 weeks in a large twin fluorescent shop light cabinet. Usually when the third set of leaves begins to grow well I move them to the flower room where they stay until they are chopped and hung up to dry. All my plants are transplanted in to 6 inch standard pots when a root starts showing through the Jiffy Wafer netting. They stay in the 6 inch pots until harvest. I feed them from seedlings with Maxi-Bloom at 1/4 the recommended strength. Just as the buds start to turn brown I change the feed to CHA-CHING at 1/4 the recommended strength. I generally need to water once a week. I have been perpetually growing this way for years. I smoke a lot of dope. And I enjoy it! I consider it my pursuit of happiness.

Latest posts

Latest posts