What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emerald Cup 2017

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually i just saw on instagram that the Bogs have a booth at this years Emerald cup. See ya there !!

Last edited:

jefe noche

Hello my friends.... Jefe here. Budding Industries on Instagram. Me and the spouse will be there both days. Love to chat and put some faces to names.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm planning on being there, i'll be around the buildasoil booth for the most part but will be running around with lots of seed packs...

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who’s going to check out the puffco lounge? They are going to have a huge area to vape and sell their peaks, I can’t wait to see that, they have a contest to win a peak lol

Looking forward to Saturday... Looks like decent weather on the horizon...
Haven't seen TJO in a year or two, and haven't seen the Babbas since way back in the Good Karma daze... I just want to stroll around the entire event. I always get caught up smoking and socializing with old friends and hardly even visit any vendor booths...
4:20 at the Bog Booth???
Peace

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to Saturday... Looks like decent weather on the horizon...
Haven't seen TJO in a year or two, and haven't seen the Babbas since way back in the Good Karma daze... I just want to stroll around the entire event. I always get caught up smoking and socializing with old friends and hardly even visit any vendor booths...
4:20 at the Bog Booth???
Peace

yes!!! Puff puff

Mengsk

The Bog Booth was packed at 4:20 :smoker:
Nice to meet so many people. And check out cool stuff. Lots of nice flowers all around. The artists and vendors never cease to amaze.

Mengsk

Blue Zkittles was from Sol Spirit Farm. Purple Candy Cane from Mendo Dope and Greenshock Farms. I don't remember who grew the Ringo's Gift I saw but it came from SoHum Seeds.

These were a few exceptional examples I saw. A strain called Green Lantern won the cup for sun grown and Pink Lemonade won mixed light.

As a rookie I'm not one of the growers and I resolved to spectate. Did not feel like a sixth man, somewhere in between a customer and traveling prospective vendor.

For someone who is totally comfortable with open cannabis use (we have always treated it as legal around here for at least 20 years) the event is quite a sight and worth going. For new smokers or visitors or tourists I imagine it's just as fun. I saw at least one jar sitting out on display unattended that nobody swiped.

Had a conversation with a no cough liquid additive company from Kentucky. So many folks in one place is interesting to say the least, with thc and smoking herb as the common theme. It is a trade show in a sense, for cannabis people, but weed doesn't really get old or boring for potheads.

Practically you'd have plans to buy something or connect with friends, otherwise it's a pretty steep ticket price. Some people spend more money on a trip to the bar, it's all relative. It would take quite a bit to take the fun out of weed. Look forward to next year :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babba and I had a great time, we met old friends and made new ones.....AM it was really cool to talk to you, your a very chill dude,till we meet again.
It was different this year but still tons of fun, saw something on Instagram about ppl that broke into the building that had all the entries and took all the concentrates from the display cases and a bunch of cars were broken into Sunday night....we left around 3 so our car was ok but that’s messed up!
:)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babba and I had a great time, we met old friends and made new ones.....AM it was really cool to talk to you, your a very chill dude,till we meet again.
It was different this year but still tons of fun, saw something on Instagram about ppl that broke into the building that had all the entries and took all the concentrates from the display cases and a bunch of cars were broken into Sunday night....we left around 3 so our car was ok but that’s messed up!
:)

ya my pals car was broken into... we are at the window repair place and see bobby snodgrass (jr) there also, his rv had a window smashed and shit stolen... had a lil session in his rv while our windows were being fixed, traded some beans - was a nice lil bit of synchronicity considering the snodgrass glass booth had been next to us all weekend.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
sounds like some quality security was in place....and with all the money they took in entry fees alone...what a joke......anywhere $ is to be, someone will plan to be as well.......

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Wow.
Im glad my car wasnt broken into.
I had my whole friggin seed vault in there.

Makes the $40 parking ticket totally worth it.
I had a feeling on Sunday to not park in the standard parking lot. So I found a secret spot down the street a few blocks.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
sounds like some quality security was in place....and with all the money they took in entry fees alone...what a joke......anywhere $ is to be, someone will plan to be as well.......

I will say, there was a lot of intelligence there.
People with push-to-talk earpieces, covert cameras...
Oh, and the IRS was there too.

When I went through security, they saw my bag full of seeds and told me to be very careful. It didnt make sense, til I learned about the IRS.

As always, its the money that makes all of this dangerous.
There’s plenty of people shipping seeds everywhere for free who never have any problems.
But make some money doing that and....Marc Emery, Gypsy, Chemdog, Rez

If cannabis had the same value as tomatoes, none of us would have to worry about rippers