What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pharmaceutical Pot Alert

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings !

Please read this article, it is important one
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3263.html

As planned, giant pharm-labs are takking over cannabis business. For all those who want legal medical marijuana thinkabout it!

Labs are soon going to patent cannabis trains or other techniques of THC absoorption. They have a huge market here in prospective and we can fear that they take in control the production of legal cannabis. Patented strains, of low genetic diversity. Once more this is a problem about bio-piracy. The bloody poisoning labs are going to patent their own strains and have monopole. What about all the native landraces around the world ? There are thousands of sub-species living in the wild, eachwith their unique therapeutic virtues.
Why don't the traditionnaly producing countrie couldn't be allowed to grow thérapeutic marijuana or evne make therapeutic hash or charas ?
Countries where the weed grows wild (or is traditionnaly grown)should have the right to sell their products on the international market. Why is there no research about therapeutic potential of indian ganja, kashmir charas or Afghan gardah ? why ?
I think that what is happening with those sucking fucking labs is a real shame. West is grabbing all the ressources to him, west loots the whole world. Thieves thieves everywhere.

IT is our intention at the ARICA to lobby intensively against such things. a legal and controled global Hemp market could bring in large amounts of money to countries in the need, and if the west starts to produce therapeutic weed products while maintaining the repression in poor countries, that will make for sure a lot of new problems.
Burn down the labs !

Burn the labs !

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
You right Farmer John, this probably won't change our lives. This will not prevent you, me and many others to keep on growing. Sure.
But... These people are going to turn a profit from what will be a kind of legal commercial monopole. Most of the profit from that legal trade will end up in their pockets.
But as I said, what about the native landraces from all over the world, what about all the hemp industries remaining illegal around the world?

Hemp is so unique plant, this is aplnt that one shares with others, so profit should be shared also, uh ? But it is a debate that goes farther than just the medical marijuana, this is a debate about a global legalisation.

I think alot about all the people living with and from the hemp on the planet, and these people and countries should be allowed to earn a true benefit from it, rather than being paid a few cents by greedy smugglers who will send their stuff 100 if not 1000 times more expensive in the west.

But it makes me angry when i read about companies developping their own strain, or whatever, when there are so many possibilities in the nature. agh !

And you right when you say that I care about the things happening in the world today. Gee ! we are all on the same boat ! But it is not enough to care about, things must be done, things must be changed and we all have the power to do it, each of everyone.

And this is why have been created the ARICA, you can find a presentation of this NGO at :http://www.icmag.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1518

Irie !

Rifstonian

this is bullshit!Of course a giant pharmaceutical company will take such a bsic and simple product and syntesize and complicate it to the point is it is no longer affordable or perhaps even recognizable!
LEGALIZE IT, and let us GROW! Its a freaking PLANT for gods sake.

Latest posts

Latest posts