What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 1st Oil

70s_PotHead

You saw my hash, now heres my oil. I took 1oz of frozen cut up AK47xChronic budz, same thing I used for the hash. I shook it in 91% iso for exactly 2 minutes, strained thru paper coffee filters and boiled down,
This is what I got, almost a full tablesoon of some real nice honey

I found this stuff real sticky to work with, Here's a good way to clean your bowl and spoons and things, just warm it back up, get a nice fat tight bud and start wipeing

I also wanted some oil base hash, well heres a chunk now :headbange

Well that came out pretty good, very easy to make and tastes and smokes great :canabis: :yummy:
I just wish I had somthing to store it in, right now its still on the spoon. Guess i'll have to find a small bottle of some kind, reheat it and try and get it in so i'll have it ready when I need it.

70s :cool:

Nice Job my Brotherman!

Nice Job my Brotherman!

Now that you have hash....and oil....and bud....what are you gonna do now??? Go to Disneyland on the Couch? LOL

That looks like a particularly gooey batch of oil you concocted there.....I always have the same problem....where to put it....

Teresa sent me some in this cool little glass bottle (long ago lost of course) and I'd just heat the edge with a lighter till some dripped out onto a bud and smoke it that way. Worked pretty good till I lost it LOL, now I just try to smoke it all up before the dust startes settling :biglaugh: .....but if you have a saucer with a smooth surface and raised edges, you can put the oil into the recessed area and cover the plate with saran wrap....just keep the plastic tight enough it doesn't sag into the oil and make certain the saucer stays upright. It's not the best solution, admittedly, but it'll keep the dust bunnies out of your goo.

I whipped up another batch of ice hash last night...had to take the last plant down....mold on one of the buds and it was spreading fast. I didn't end up with much this time, but the color is better. Lots less sediment in it this time.

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
Look's real yummy 70's hun :yummy: .I have a good supply of 1 gram glass bottles along with 2.5 and 5 gram bottles.Can get them bigger if need be half oz and ounce bottles as well.Need to send ya a parcel anyway's sweetie if ya need some let me know ok (you also Pistil :smile: ) again nice stuff love the look of the hash also :wink: .

70s_PotHead

Thanks for the replies, I tell ya making the hash and the oil has really brought back some memories of the 70's. I took a couple of straight oil hits last night off some foil, man o man this is the shit, my lungs expanded like crazy and it took my breath away for a few minutes. Definatly need to only do a little at a time, should make it last quite a while.

70s

Great job 70s. I scrape off the plate with a razer blade when the oil is cooled. I take the scapings and roll into a ball. It becomes very hard and stays that way at room temp, no problem. I just cut off a small piece, with a razor, when I want some.

friendlyfriend

Veteran
WOOT I'm SOOO happy we inspired you to make that oil.... couple weeks ago you were asking questions now you got the most concentrated thc product I make.... :wink: I am very happy for you.....

Here is the storage tip.... first put your spoon in the fridge let it get solid the put some ash and your finger tips or kif and roll the iso into a little ball put it in glass (cup, jar, bottle, etc.) and make sure the top of the receptacle you put your hash in will be big enough you to put a spoon or something in there if it gets stuck to the side. The amount of iso you will loose once it becomes solid is minimal if you let it harden in the fridge and keep there till you want to slice off a piece for you personal use. If you use this method a simple sharp knife will slice off a piece of hard iso and within a matter of seconds or a couple minutes your iso will be melting so you should have your pipe, buds, bong, papers, etc. ready for use.

My favorite method of consuming iso rolling a lil bit of iso in a pile of crushed cannabis then putting a lil bit of herb in a bong bowl and the iso/crushed cannabis ball on top and torch the bowl up nicely and watch the volcano erupt in your bowl :biglaugh: if your up all night and can't sleep watching your iso bubble up in your hot bowl will more than likely be a happy precusor to a good nights sleep...

ROCK on 70s Pothead :D

70s_PotHead

WOOT I'm SOOO happy we inspired you to make that oil.... couple weeks ago you were asking questions now you got the most concentrated thc product I make.... I am very happy for you.....

Thanks friendlyfriend :wave: , now you know why I was asking all those questions, I also read a bunch on OG, but in reality its really quite simple, just make sure you got everything you need before getting started :canabis:

70s :wink:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Oh the first time I smoked oil!!!! I'll never forget that night... or was it during the day?? oh well.... all I remember was slidding (slowly) off the couch, onto the floor, so I wouldnt fall on my face!!!

kilacaLIbud

acually using iso in oil extraction is called HASH OIL. honey oil is extracted using hexane...which is a new west coast style i will soon be having a thread on....my method will yeild 5 times as much as iso and will be smoother and a veryyy honey look... i see u still have some plant material left in the iso.. WATCH FOR THE THREAD

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
kilacaLIbud said:
acually using iso in oil extraction is called HASH OIL. honey oil is extracted using hexane...which is a new west coast style i will soon be having a thread on....my method will yeild 5 times as much as iso and will be smoother and a veryyy honey look... i see u still have some plant material left in the iso.. WATCH FOR THE THREAD

sorry but thats fairly innacurate, as far as most are concerned. hash oil is made from hash, using whatever solvent you like. some solvent may give a crappy product, but if it is made from hash, it is technically hash oil. honey oil can be defined accurately as any oil that has the color of yellow, golden, orange etc... honey colored. there is also the terminology cherry oil , which is fairly self explantory. you can use various solvent to make honey oil, includong hexane, butane, and isopropyl alcohol.

friendlyfriend

Veteran
I do it all the time. I usually roll it into a ball the put the ball in glass and let it sit in the fridge till i wanna toke :D Iso warms up in room temperature outta the fridge very quickly for easy and sweet consumption :joint:

695Oil_Faq6.JPG

695Oil_Faq5macro.JPG

I love making iso. I have also tried hexane before but mine for some reason was more potent from iso.Could hav been the starting material though.
And my iso oil never has any iso taste to it but I dont keep it in a liquid. I put mine in the fridge but first make sure all the iso is out.

Vapour

The Herbal Gerbil
Wow, i'm really chuffed people are now moving away from the traditional methods and trying new and different things.

Nice to see so many people taking time out to do great things with their homegrown!

kilacaLIbud

u guys say this stuff like ur experts.....well....if u made it right with hexane u will get only pure ...THC. this is because ..butane and iso extract unwanted cannibinoids.. and make ur product dark and tar hashy lookin....while hexane dissolves thc..into a sweet creamy honey...which u can eat ....now...would u ever try and eat that Tar u guys are makein...y dont u guys just scrape the bong??? :biglaugh:...and ur gonna tell me...that u used hexane...??well then u would know that u get about a 100% more oil...and 100% more pure...just speakin the truth...but u will see when hex-oil rules the world..i already got 1 believer.....anyone else up for the test!

G

this is so great.

my favorite way to do it is put a surprise ball of it somewhere in a joint ;)