What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

acid casein to boost N and aminos

Big Nasty

hi ,has anybody ever added acid casein(extracted by me from milk) to the soil as a source of organic N and L-aminos?'it's one of the best source of protein available but needs to be "digested" to be useful for the plant and th ph is 4.5.I'm trying to brew it with compost and soil to break the protein into more plant-available aminoacids.I know the enzyme protease is used to hydrolise acid casein but i can't find it.

Big Nasty

in the next run i want to use it as a regular fish meal but purer and stronger without salts and fat because it's only protein,more like a fish hydrolisate,but now it's too late so i'm using it as a foliar spray.It has a strong cheese smell just after 20 hours,i guess something happened to the casein.

Latest posts

Latest posts