What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How far along id this...... harveat time??

Berrylove

Hia guys and gals, i am a bit of a noob. I think i am ready to chop but want to make sure. What do you guys think??

Berrylove

Pics

Pics

Hia guys and gals, i am a bit of a noob. I think i am ready to chop but want to make sure. What do you guys think??

Sorry here is some pics

Attachments

• 8A4BF3F2-0713-498A-976B-3E2F3640980D.jpg
    8A4BF3F2-0713-498A-976B-3E2F3640980D.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 20
  • E890B367-2A8E-473C-A7E1-00D389397C45.jpg
    E890B367-2A8E-473C-A7E1-00D389397C45.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 21
  • A3CA9116-5698-4ED4-9E68-DAA0A4B71B67.jpg
    A3CA9116-5698-4ED4-9E68-DAA0A4B71B67.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 25

Berrylove

Great

Great

Its hard to say how long is been flowering. Its all a bit of a blur. Gunna chop chop on a couple of days i think. Cheers guys!!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Another week at least, my guess. What amber percentage are the trichomes at? The pistil color (hairs) can change due to a variety of reasons, so I've found the trichome amber percentage to be an excellent way of telling when to harvest.
:D

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you're new to growing, the best advice I can give is, "when you think it's done, give it two more weeks."

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
50/50 clear/cloudy will give you 30 minute cannabis with most strains. ;)
I'll have to take your word on that one, never waited 50/50. But I was always under the impression the trich colors determined type of stone, ie mind or body, but that genetics and cure determined length of stone.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I'll have to take your word on that one, never waited 50/50. But I was always under the impression the trich colors determined type of stone, ie mind or body, but that genetics and cure determined length of stone.
... that's obviously smoking the bud. Ingesting it is far more prolonged. YMMV dependent on strains.

Berrylove

Chopped

Chopped

Unfortunatly i have cut it already..... looks bloody good!!! Was going for the “heady” high. Rather than a “glued to the couch” high😁 I have another one i will leave a bit longer.

Cheers guys!

Douglas.Curtis

Nope, backwards. Genetics determine the type and length of stone, cutting early or late interferes with the genetic potential. Too early and the terpene and cannabinoid profiles are incomplete, like a green apple or pear. Too late of a harvest and the cannabinoids and terpenes are breaking down, like mushy fruit. Overripe cannabis is often very sleepy, almost narcotic in your inability to stay awake.

This is not potency, this is ruined cannabis. Unless your desire is to sleep through life, which during times of pain and sickness can be very helpful. :)

All other purposes of cannabis, you want to harvest at the peak of ripeness. Cannabis will have a complete terpene and cannabinoid profile, along with only a small amount of breakdown already happening. The effect will last the longest, while also having the most complex high/stone/medicinal effect.

:)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah everybody is chasing a different high so I think it's silly to say this is the way to do it and the other ways are wrong. What you want isn't what I want isn't what he wants. I much prefer the body stones to mind stones. That's why it's important each person figures out what stone they are going for and that will help them pinpoint when to harvest.

Douglas.Curtis

Yeah everybody is chasing a different high so I think it's silly to say this is the way to do it and the other ways are wrong. What you want isn't what I want isn't what he wants. I much prefer the body stones to mind stones. That's why it's important each person figures out what stone they are going for and that will help them pinpoint when to harvest.
Again, this is all genetics and not related to harvest window, other than harvesting too late with the narcotic CBN content. There ARE CBN rich strains which do not need to be harvested late.

If what you want can be attained by any overripe strain, you're easy to please. If you're looking for what a specific strain is capable of, you're better off finding out the best 'ripeness' for your harvest date.

;)