What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Nice mac! Grown that one before too years ago before the raid.. not around my circles anymore but I av a mate in Sheffield I'm waiting to hear back from for a proper cut of the Sheffield blues and the original cheese cut that goes around he's way.. fingers crossed.. I'm on a oldschool originals hunt again to restock the stable with strains I used to have.. need to find a bangin oldschool rhino cut still tho and a bubblegum cut and critical cut.. and a decent hazing 10wk amnesia haze cut..👌💯💚🙏🤤😍
Be careful on that cut hunt...2-3 yrs back, every cut we got in from Europe tested positive for viroid, and most tissue cultures too. Shit is rife, has been for a long time.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
That moonlit pic above from my mate was probably infected as well, but cheese is a cut you can race away from it with quick successions of cuts and spraying with chitosan the whole time, and frass in the medium. Either the same cut or similar been found in the lab to be tolerant late last year, but I can tell you from experience I had viroid for decade and a half I reckon since I got the cheese, and if it was not tolerant I would not have been able to pay the bills over those years. We just kept fresh moms, taking only cuts from the tops always then problems were minimal, high calcium diet, chitosan etc. all helped us with "mold issues" or not having weak ass plants That pic of his shows no viroid influence in the leaf form, but he has not tested it since racing it away from less healthy moms from the beginning of our summer 6 months ago. I am hoping to one day get a cleaned up cut back of our cheese. The viroid IMO is the main thing responsible for the different growers getting different terp profiles or volumes from the same cutting once passed on. Different growers have different standards of cleanliness and also different setups regards to moms, media etc, and you'd find higher or lower viral loads among growers of it. Terps and resin influenced differently.

A mate of mine once told me his cheese had peanuts and butter terps, that was when I told him to get his whole place tested for viroid! Most of his stuff we reckon in hindsight was infected then, this year he took precautions, did a bleach deep clean, got rid of almost all his mom stock, ran from the one or two clean varietals he had, the cheese raced away from high load, and from his skunk seeds he has made and a bunch of autos, and he had his best season out.

I'll dig some pics out, got nice zoomed in shots of resin affected by viroid, and not affected, in cheese, from the same round of cuts flowering out from same mother that a mate was growing this season, only difference being the heavily affected plant was growing in the same enriched soil hole that he had grown a cheese in for 7 or more years, everyyear a fish carcass or two gets buried, fresh lime, bone meal, chicken and pig shit etc, soil is black and super nutritious, but the viral load in the soil too high now. All the parts of those plants planted there that was not in direct baking sunlight was heavily dudded, plants in full sun unaffected, early on he was calling me out saying he has got no weed aids im being silly..yeah by week 4 he was phoning me in a panic asking WTF is wrong with his weed, he started that week with light chitosan sprays every 4-5 days till before harvest and had his best crop yet..LOL..viroid. Also had no PM and no botritus this year funny that, with the weed aids being inhibited. He had a whole bunch of plants seemingly unaffected but was in a new cleared spot in the bush, in new pots, in new soil...etc...viral load miniscule.

I said this here before but I see that cut of mine having viroid now in hindsight, going back 15 year ago since I got it. But its very hard to spot it in the cut unless you know it very well, though the terps get affected, the terp profile does depending on how high the load is. Yield as well. THC less so with this cut but one notices it in difference between tops and bottoms, if it duds out completely, the flower is unsmokable, throw it in the bonfire kinda shit. I had some 1-2 kilo bushes like that once in an outdoor more than ten years back, no resin, no kick, no terps, unsmokable...among many other bushes that were the best cheese you ever saw in the african sun, always wondered about those plants for years, but now I know what it was.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

That moonlit pic above from my mate was probably infected as well, but cheese is a cut you can race away from it with quick successions of cuts and spraying with chitosan the whole time, and frass in the medium. Either the same cut or similar been found in the lab to be tolerant late last year, but I can tell you from experience I had viroid for decade and a half I reckon since I got the cheese, and if it was not tolerant I would not have been able to pay the bills over those years. We just kept fresh moms, taking only cuts from the tops always then problems were minimal, high calcium diet, chitosan etc. all helped us with "mold issues" or not having weak ass plants That pic of his shows no viroid influence in the leaf form, but he has not tested it since racing it away from less healthy moms from the beginning of our summer 6 months ago. I am hoping to one day get a cleaned up cut back of our cheese. The viroid IMO is the main thing responsible for the different growers getting different terp profiles or volumes from the same cutting once passed on. Different growers have different standards of cleanliness and also different setups regards to moms, media etc, and you'd find higher or lower viral loads among growers of it. Terps and resin influenced differently.

A mate of mine once told me his cheese had peanuts and butter terps, that was when I told him to get his whole place tested for viroid! Most of his stuff we reckon in hindsight was infected then, this year he took precautions, did a bleach deep clean, got rid of almost all his mom stock, ran from the one or two clean varietals he had, the cheese raced away from high load, and from his skunk seeds he has made and a bunch of autos, and he had his best season out.

I'll dig some pics out, got nice zoomed in shots of resin affected by viroid, and not affected, in cheese, from the same round of cuts flowering out from same mother that a mate was growing this season, only difference being the heavily affected plant was growing in the same enriched soil hole that he had grown a cheese in for 7 or more years, everyyear a fish carcass or two gets buried, fresh lime, bone meal, chicken and pig shit etc, soil is black and super nutritious, but the viral load in the soil too high now. All the parts of those plants planted there that was not in direct baking sunlight was heavily dudded, plants in full sun unaffected, early on he was calling me out saying he has got no weed aids im being silly..yeah by week 4 he was phoning me in a panic asking WTF is wrong with his weed, he started that week with light chitosan sprays every 4-5 days till before harvest and had his best crop yet..LOL..viroid. Also had no PM and no botritus this year funny that, with the weed aids being inhibited. He had a whole bunch of plants seemingly unaffected but was in a new cleared spot in the bush, in new pots, in new soil...etc...viral load miniscule.

I said this here before but I see that cut of mine having viroid now in hindsight, going back 15 year ago since I got it. But its very hard to spot it in the cut unless you know it very well, though the terps get affected, the terp profile does depending on how high the load is. Yield as well. THC less so with this cut but one notices it in difference between tops and bottoms, if it duds out completely, the flower is unsmokable, throw it in the bonfire kinda shit. I had some 1-2 kilo bushes like that once in an outdoor more than ten years back, no resin, no kick, no terps, unsmokable...among many other bushes that were the best cheese you ever saw in the african sun, always wondered about those plants for years, but now I know what it was.
Wow.. thanks for the heads up.. yea I don't think il even get any cuts of anythin nowdays after that story.. just gonna do what I always did n just pop seeds find keepers n take cuts for myself.. I actualy remembered before the raid in my old 8-10 year or so built on no till soil mix I got a few "elite clones" 2 of em bein cheeses n blue cheeses.. n then after that, all a sudden which ever of my proven bangin keepers that I had kept for years that went in certain pots just randomly started dudding out every time I did anythin in certain plant pots n not having no terps I was like wtf is happening?!?! Now I know.. at least one thing good come of that raid.. it made me get rid of that soil mix n start a completely new one years later..

Also good to know about chitosan is that like the chitin in insect frass and krill meal etc or is it different mate? I always feed krill meal and insect frass for the chitin content as always heard it increases terps and frost.. and kicks the plants immune system and natural defences into action.. even made a insect frass mixed with krill meal ferment out of LAB n mollases to break it down n melt it into a more available version of itself..wow I'm actualy scared to get another clone now.. just take my own from now on I think...

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Is there a way to fully get rid of it? Like with certain beneficial bacteria n fungi n lactobacilus maybe??? Just absolutely drench it in lacto n mycos etc for a few weeks or months maybe??? Gotta be a way to fight this bad bacteria with good bacteria n win the war...

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there a way to fully get rid of it? Like with certain beneficial bacteria n fungi n lactobacilus maybe??? Just absolutely drench it in lacto n mycos etc for a few weeks or months maybe??? Gotta be a way to fight this bad bacteria with good bacteria n win the war...
There is no cure other than meristem tissue culture atm. And its not bacteria, its a viroid.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

There is no cure other than meristem tissue culture atm. And its not bacteria, its a viroid.
What's that mean mate that its a virus not a bacteria yea? If so then there gotta be some way of getting rid of it on a microbial level? Keep it saturated with enough beneficial bacteria n fungi etc n surely itl start making the plant better n back to health gradually no?? What about heat? Don't Heat kill certain viruses? Keep it in a really hot grow room maybe with lights on and no fan's on for a day or 2 maybe? As @maryjaneismyfre did say that plants in the blistering full sun seemed unaffected by it? Maybe that's a good start.. I'm not havin that there's no ways to get rid of this viroid.. gotta be a way.. theres always a way where there's will..🤷🏻‍♂️💯💚🙏

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's that mean mate that its a virus not a bacteria yea? If so then there gotta be some way of getting rid of it on a microbial level? Keep it saturated with enough beneficial bacteria n fungi etc n surely itl start making the plant better n back to health gradually no?? What about heat? Don't Heat kill certain viruses? Keep it in a really hot grow room maybe with lights on and no fan's on for a day or 2 maybe? As @maryjaneismyfre did say that plants in the blistering full sun seemed unaffected by it? Maybe that's a good start.. I'm not havin that there's no ways to get rid of this viroid.. gotta be a way.. theres always a way where there's will..🤷🏻‍♂️💯💚🙏
I didn't say that there is no way at all. Just read what I wrote.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
What guy brush said...
Theres less than a handful of tolerant cuts known at the moment..tolerant ones you can maybe get a clean cut with precautions, maybe..Otherwise as Guy said.. Transmits to seeds too, its a shitshow..in fact I reckon a fair % of seed is infected on the seedcoat, but one can deal with that with a few minutes stirred in a very strong bleach solution prior to sowing, but still there will be % with infected embryos. You can clone away from it and inhibit it with chitosan, from chitin yes, but you won't get rid of it, just prolonging the inevitable. Though with tolerant cut, one can produce with it unaware if one grows well and has fresh moms etc...but yeah..its a F up. As a homie from here said to me last week, that shit gone an given me PSTD hahahah...when i realize how its F'd me over the years..but anyway.. read up about it, a deep rabbit hole. Hplvd.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

I didn't say that there is no way at all. Just read what I wrote.
Yea I'm sayin there's gotta be OTHER ways other than maristem culture method.. can't be the only way.. which is why I'm just tryna brainstorm incase finally get a brightside cheese cut and it is infected with viroid.. so I DID read what u wrote.. I'm sayin let's try n see if there's other methods n get peeps to test it out who have viroid sick plants.. we aint all scientists with laboratory n meristem culture setups.. OK moody pants..

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

What guy brush said...
Theres less than a handful of tolerant cuts known at the moment..tolerant ones you can maybe get a clean cut with precautions, maybe..Otherwise as Guy said.. Transmits to seeds too, its a shitshow..in fact I reckon a fair % of seed is infected on the seedcoat, but one can deal with that with a few minutes stirred in a very strong bleach solution prior to sowing, but still there will be % with infected embryos. You can clone away from it and inhibit it with chitosan, from chitin yes, but you won't get rid of it, just prolonging the inevitable. Though with tolerant cut, one can produce with it unaware if one grows well and has fresh moms etc...but yeah..its a F up. As a homie from here said to me last week, that shit gone an given me PSTD hahahah...when i realize how its F'd me over the years..but anyway.. read up about it, a deep rabbit hole. Hplvd.
Will do mate il do q bit of digging cheers for the headsup about the plants that was in blistering sun not being affected n bein fine.. I think that may be another solution to help cure it.. have u actually tried absolutely drenching it with qll kinds of benies mate? Like psycho myco and great white mycos etc?? And do u make or use LAB/EM1 i think that it really might do a good job of battling that from the inside with PROBIOTICS like LAB or mix of beneficial mycos like stated.. sprayed over plants and soil drenched daily..

Or putting it in a hot grow room no fans lights on 24hrs for say a week after u said that plants in the full blistering sun was not affected by it..

Like I was saying to the other guy mate we all ain't got laboratory or meristem culture setups etc so lets try n see if we can fix this outback styley haha using raw beneficials and controlled heated lighted enviroments for periods of time.. I'm just a very think outside the box kind of guy.. I won't ever accept there's only only way to do somthin.. plus it wud be kl to help all u guys with sick plants.. n also help myself know how to cure one if I get a cutting infected with it.. and that's good to know that my insect frass and krill meal shud hopefully keep my plants immune system safe with there chitin content..

u say chitosan from the chitin yes? What does the plants n benies n fungi etc turn it into chitosan from chitin in the soil yes? If so maybe my krill meal and insect frass ferment I make might be a good remedy as the lactobacilus will start breaking down the chitin n everything out the insect frass n krill.. n then make it more readily available for the plants to uptake as a soil drench.. hell, even spray it all over em and where its made with lactobacilus also there shud still be some of that left in the ferment too as that also boost plants immune system with probiotics and eats n defends against pathogens etc.. see its always worth just brainstorming that's how new things get discovered..👌💯💚🙏

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Back to cheese tho.. what's people sayin about this first all cheese dom pheno out of @truecannabliss exodus valley pack of seeds.. look like its from the real brightside to anyone? It's loud as fuck.. keep smelling it on me even when it ain't on me ffs hahahhaha mouth coater starting to see what some of u saying about that Berry hash sorta terps... its still sweet n creamy n earthy to me but I can relate to that Berry hash description now while I'm smoking it as I type this.. still fresh at mo tho n pure illuminus green like how I used to get bags of her.. it never stayed around long enuf to get gold n cured lol! n tastes of the one that I remember as Real cheese I never been given any cheese as brightside tho only as "the real cheese" around my way lol but I can see it goin a bit more golden n foxtail with a bit longer flower and with cure.. this was only 9 weeks like my lot used to take her at for a sweeter creamyer flavour.. I can defo see her goin a bit more hashy tho if took few days to a week longer.. Will get some top nug shots in next couple days.. they had a bit bigger pointyer middle foxtail.. nice strong head and body buzz couchlock but euphoric warm relaxing rushes from Head n chest to rest of body and nice heavy eyes.. 👌😍🤤💯💚🙏
Screenshot_20240421-231839_Instagram~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420-162759_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Even with meristem, it is a numbers game and takes a lot of time, and they use combination of heat and others with it to improve the numbers game. You not going to do it at home...But you can take samples at home and send in for testing and find out where you are...and take it from there. You can germ seeds and find clean plants with testing and take it from there...you can inhibit the viroid replication and infection with chitosan, but not clear the infection.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Even with meristem, it is a numbers game and takes a lot of time, and they use combination of heat and others with it to improve the numbers game. You not going to do it at home...But you can take samples at home and send in for testing and find out where you are...and take it from there. You can germ seeds and find clean plants with testing and take it from there...you can inhibit the viroid replication and infection with chitosan, but not clear the infection
Fare enuf brva.. well if u know u have some viroid infected plants already, then I don't see why it wud hurt to just try some LAB/EM1 and mixed benie myco's soil drenched and foliar sprays daily just to see if that helps boost there immune systems enough to help completely cure it.. people really need to do research of lactobacilus/em1.. its a pro biotic it boosts plants immune system it co incides with good bacteria and defends against and eats bad bacteria AND PATHOGENS.. same as the tubs of mixed myco's like great white myco and psycho myco they really boost n turn on all the plants immune system and natural ability to process and cure itself of any bad shit.. azos for example turns on/ catalyses a natural growth hormone within the plant that helps it absorb nitrogen etc mycorizal keeps the roots healthy etc insect frass and krill have chitin in which converts onto chitosan and boosts/ catalyses plants immune system and defence system and increases terps and trichome development mixed with the hi temps where alot of viruses can't cope with hi temps and I think u might have a chance to fully beat it..

I wudnt wana introduce that viroid shit into my environment mate but seein as u already know u got it let's test my theory's for a week or 2 even a month n then test Yr plants again n see if any or the same level of viroids. I'd be very interested to see the outcome and also very pleased if was able to help cure this plant aids bollox..

P.s. I do actually remember years ago some peeps had some sick plants and was feeding it antibiotics or penicillin or somthin I think crushed n dissolved into feeding water but id prefer to go the PRObiotics route myself rather than ANTIbiotics but its worth a try if not already been tried n nothin else is working.. 👌💯🙏💚

Last edited:

stunkfrunk

Is there a way to fully get rid of it? Like with certain beneficial bacteria n fungi n lactobacilus maybe??? Just absolutely drench it in lacto n mycos etc for a few weeks or months maybe??? Gotta be a way to fight this bad bacteria with good bacteria n win the war..
Yh there is a way to clean up cannabis by going back to stem cells and propagating through tissue culture. Here's a High Times piece on this, there are some cleaned up clone only's now because of these advancements in tissue culture.

bimblebrains_1

That looks more like psychosis to me.. my cuz got the cut off someone years ago and it looked like that like u say very sensitive to nutes (N) and loved to claw up like the pics there.. n the real cheese that I know of back in the day that we all used to get cuts of around my way was a nute whore.. iv always grown organic but my friends dad said to get it to perform he used to have to feed it at least twice as much on the ec meter as any other strain he had, just to get it to yield and stay green etc..

also @truecannabliss has the real cut I think as I'm smoking he's exodus valley that I just got my first pheno out the pack, and the stink and taste on her is identical to what we all used to get as the proper cheese around my way years ago.. even being just a cheese dom pheno out of a Cross to chem valley cooks.. still is basically like smoking full on old school cheese.. beautiful silky sweet creamy earthy dank terps.. n lovely buzz to her.. head and body nicely relaxed n stoned.. Happy euphoric but strong stoned buzz.. iv missed this cheese.. proper tongue coater..

What I did note tho, is that this pheno did have the double leaf serration that I remember the proper cheese having years ago, but not as often up every leaf edge as the original cheese, but that might be coz it's not pure its crossed to chem valley cooks..

was only 1 small tester cheese dom pheno of exodus valley n a few other strains n soon as I opened the front door I was hit in the face with that familiar cheese stench every time.. n I only had 3 other small tester plants of other strains also.. so I don't think it was them that I could smell..
👌😁💯💚🙏
View attachment 18990178 View attachment 18990179 View attachment 18990181 View attachment 18990180
Hey man,nice plants,the exodus valley was made with a clone from jah hoover I believe because true hasn't been able to resource the brightside,the hunt continues...I believe the only beans known to be 100% made using brightsides are old connoisseur lines ,he still sells a few of them..hope that helps.....as for the double serrations,that don't mean alot, many other lines out there that exhibit those traits

bimblebrains_1

Got the Blues/Livers and Psycho cuts going and they look very similar in veg. The Psycho has the giveaway red striping on the stems, like a P Def.
I think the Psycho has more resin than the Cheese but the clones need to be dialed or they will be unstable in yield etc. as in one will be 50grams then the one next to it only 20g.
This is just an example.
I'm going to reverse the Blues and bang it to the Psycho and Suicide Cheese
Also just made a Psycho x Kali mist/SSH, to see how long I can get that bud stack. The Kali mist and ssh are both pre 2000.

Nice cut @ Bimbles. Looks like my cup of tea.
Anyone tried the Wine Gums cut? (Blues x Psycho ,I think). That's a nice one too.
Hey Mack..I remember reading the thread where you made Mack's blues years ago on here when I were a lurker haha,still working with the old skunks then,good man!, excellent you are still holding the psycho and livers.. incidentally I think we may have a mutual friend in the real world,I'll DM you for a chat bro.....cheers bimble

bimblebrains_1

Plus I sent a load of the old skool Cheese, Blues and Psycho plus my Mack's Blues all over, way back, Scotland, UK
France, Germany, States even Austria so all the original cuts have been around many places crossed, lost then found again.

Also someone mentioned about that weed world interview with Wing Commander Blue, and I always wondered about those cuts he sent out to Crewe and that. He also said he gave them to close friends who didn't know how to clone them, or maybe they did.
Also I don't believe it mutated into stronger smell, more like he just dialed it in.
Cheese and Psycho both love hydro, I've seen some monsters,
Nft gives some right chunkers with short veg.
That was me that mentioned the weed world article mate,yer something don't add up with the early early back story,wing comm didn't even pop the seed,do we really think the guy that did wouldn't have cloned her,passed her about and possibly even worked with her,I doubt it lol