What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
I would get all the hermies out of there and then concentrate on getting more weight out of the the stable females. If you can stop further hermie pollination, you can also let those Super Silver Haze females go a bit longer for more weight. You might want to do some extra training in order to increase the yield. Super cropping perhaps. Just extend the flowering time for the stable females, while you try to encourage the formation of more dominant shoots. You can prolong or shift the flowering stage through training, to some degree.

You can also just let them be and get around to your next grow as soon as they finish.

There's really no point in allowing the hermies to flower any further because they will just continue to sprout nanners and pollinate each other all over the place. It might even get worse. You can't catch all the nanners or pollen in time. You'll just get loads of seeds that you really can't use. More seeds means less smokable bud. The hermie pollen will also spread to the SSH females via the air, clothes etc.

Unstable hermies don't really make good parents for feminized seeds. You'll just get more full-blown hermies in the offspring.

I would take down the hermies. You can dry them and smoke them while you are waiting for the stable females to pack on more weight. They might still have a good high. The hermie trait does not exlude good potency.

Thanks bro that's what i thought. I just didnt know since its only 46 days in flower what was best way to consume. Hash,smoke, etc. Well looks like ive got lil work tonight. Trim and dry it like u suggested and ill think more on wether to hash or not. Would u expect it to get me high? Thanks again bro

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
It's been flowering for some 6 weeks, so I would expect it to work. Probably not quite as potent as fully flowered bud but still pretty good. It will get better after a few weeks in the jars.

Enjoy

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
No problem guys, I'm glad that you found the guide useful :)

I don't have a section for mother plants but that's fairly straight forward. You just keep the mother plants under a 24/7 lightschedule (or 20/4, which I prefer) and keep her in check by removing growth every week. That growth can also be used to create new clones.

It all depends on how much space you have to spare for the mother plants. Pot size also determines the size of the plant, as root mass = plants mass.

Then again, if the mother plants becomes root bound (runs out of root space), she might start flowering. If you keep the mother plant around for a long time, you might have to trim the roots as well, in order to prevent this from happening.

You can train the mother plants, so that they don't require much space, by topping and LSTing. Check out the Training Guide in my sig for more information on that subject.

Here is a thread on keeping Bonsai Moms, and mother plants in general.

All About Bonsai Moms

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that for the time being, I won't be around to answer questions (I'll be back, I just don't know when).

I hope that the guide will answer most of the things that you might need to know.

Feel free to still post questions here, someone might answer them in my place.

Happy Growing,

K

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Just saw this today for the first time... it's a very well-worded instructional, complete with pictures. Very good job!

Safe journey's Kodiak

Safe journey's Kodiak

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that for the time being, I won't be around to answer questions (I'll be back, I just don't know when).

I hope that the guide will answer most of the things that you might need to know.

Feel free to still post questions here, someone might answer them in my place.

Happy Growing,

K

Safe journey Kodiak, thankx for sharing its an awesome guide you have put here...
be well
ying.gif

mg

808Rob

Thanks for this great post. Super informative, just like your others. Still, I'm stumped what to use for soil. You wrote some good info on nutes, but I didn't notice an explanation of what you're starting with for soil. I'm just starting my first grow. Seeds are germinated and placed in Jiffy pellets to develop. Now I'm thinking ahead and unsure what to do for soil. My plan is to veg under T5HO and then move outside in the pots to flower. Since its my first run, I want to keep it simple. Do you think I can get away with Fox Farm soil first, while using their various liquid nutes during veg and flowering?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!

Madjag

Veteran
Soil Threads on ICMag

Soil Threads on ICMag

Thanks for this great post. Super informative, just like your others. Still, I'm stumped what to use for soil. You wrote some good info on nutes, but I didn't notice an explanation of what you're starting with for soil. I'm just starting my first grow. Seeds are germinated and placed in Jiffy pellets to develop. Now I'm thinking ahead and unsure what to do for soil. My plan is to veg under T5HO and then move outside in the pots to flower. Since its my first run, I want to keep it simple. Do you think I can get away with Fox Farm soil first, while using their various liquid nutes during veg and flowering?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!

Here are two threads concerning soil recipes. The first was started to ask Tom Hill, pro grower and breeder, to share his soil mix and knowledge. it's now up to 423 pages:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159846

This second thread is a compendium of 50-60 growers' recipes, compiled by a friend of all growers, Joe Fresh. It's amazing, too:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228020

Peace,
Madjag

Latest posts

Latest posts