What's new

Wisconsin Medical Marijuana Legislation

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
Luck is what you do with chance and circumstances? or sumthing like that. We have worked hard for this. We deserve it, the patients and citizens of WI deserve this, the veterans deserve this!

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just trying to show you guys some support, as I believe in the movement.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
My remarks not meant with any sarcastic tone at all cobcoop, sorry if they got typed that way. I forget, this is political also, and we just may need all the luck we can get!

Thanks for good vibes... Peace, Canna

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran

[FONT=MS Sans Serif, Arial]For years, Jacki Rickert has been asking, "Is My Medicine Legal YET?" Jacki suffers from two painful and debilitating conditions, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Advanced Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, and was fully approved for participation in the U.S. Government's Compassionate Use Investigative New Drug (I.N.D.) Program in at the federal level in May 1990, and by the state of Wisconsin in December 1990. But the government violated its contract and never delivered the 300 marijuana cigarettes per month as they promised. 8 surviving patients grandfathered into the program are still receiving supplies of U.S. marijuana today. Jacki has continued her fight for the medicine that works best for her. She has visited Washington DC numerous times to lobby Congress, In 1997, Jacki met Jim and Cheryl Miller, beginning a long friendship. In 1999, Gary and Jacki joined Jim and Cheryl in Washington for a protest at former Rep. Bob Barr's office. In June of 2003, Cheryl succumbed to complications of multiple sclerosis. Jacki, Jim Miller and Gary then helped spearhead a DC memorial for Cheryl, which led to the formation of the MS Patients Union.[/FONT] [FONT=MS Sans Serif, Arial]Gary Storck has been asking, "Is my medicine legal yet?" since October 3, 1972, when he accidentally discovered that marijuana lowered his elevated intraocular pressure caused by severe congenital open-angle glaucoma. Gary tried to get into the I.N.D. program in the late 1970's, but his physician was unwilling to deal with the governmental red tape involved. He did however, write a letter, dated June 4, 1979, stating "If marijuana were available for me to prescribe to this patient, I would be willing to do so, in the hope that it would adequately control his condition with fewer side effects than the other medications currently available." 25 years later, in the year 2004, doctors are still unable to prescribe marijuana! Currently, Gary finds cannabis helpful not only for glaucoma, but also pain and spasms from degenerative disc disease in his neck and back, migraine headaches, and the stresses of dealing with a lifetime of illness including three open heart surgeries. [/FONT]
[FONT=MS Sans Serif, Arial]With first-hand knowledge of the therapeutic benefits and potential of this medicine, Jacki, founded I.M.M.L.Y. and asked Gary and to join her and help spread the word among patients, care providers, the medical professional community and the general public about the medical uses of this medicinal herb, and also help to build support for re-legalizing access for those who can benefit from this therapy.[/FONT]

Two of Wisconsin true hero's!

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My remarks not meant with any sarcastic tone at all cobcoop, sorry if they got typed that way. I forget, this is political also, and we just may need all the luck we can get!

Thanks for good vibes... Peace, Canna
No prob at all bro, it sounds like you guys have been working hard. unfortunately for us the battle hasn't ended with the amendment to our state constitution, they are constantly trying to erode our medical laws. Here's to hoping Wis. become #15 on the med state list!

joint.jpg

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
i didnt catch the news segment where doyle endorsed mmj...is that online anywhere>?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...220628/1207/GPG01/Doyle-for-medical-marijuana

WAUSAU — Gov. Jim Doyle says he supports legalizing medical marijuana in Wisconsin if a law can be written that restricts its use to people who have a doctor's prescription.

At an appearance in Wausau, Doyle says he has no problem with the use of marijuana to treat severe pain and medical conditions, if it's prescribed by a doctor .
Doyle's comments come after a decision by the Obama administration not to prosecute users and suppliers of medical marijuana in the 14 states where it's legalized. The decision is a clear break from the policies of the Bush administration.
The governor says restricting the use of medical marijuana makes no sense when doctors can already prescribe more dangerous drugs like morphine

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
October 23, 2009

Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act: Where we are at

Posted by Gary Storck
Friday, October 23, 2009
The Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act has had a great week, with the new Obama Administration policy on state medical cannabis programs announced on Monday and Gov. Doyle's widely reported support of medical marijuana on Wednesday. Below is an update on where things are and where they are headed next.

Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act: Where we are at
Oct. 22, cosponsorship closed at 5pm
What happens next?
The bill will be sent to the Assembly Clerk’s office for introduction and a bill number, and the Assembly Speaker will then assign it to a committee.
What supporters can do:
Please continue to contact your Wisconsin State Assembly Representatives and State Senators and ask that they vote for the JRMMA if it is assigned to their committee, and when it gets a floor vote.

WRITE:
Send pre-written, editable letter to Legislators: http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=14115736
or http://bit.ly/JRMMA
Call, Call, Call:
Toll-free Legislative Hotline: 1-800-362-9472
Who Are My Legislators? http://www.legis.state.wi.us/w3asp/waml/waml.aspx
Get Involved and Donate Your Time or Money:

Spread The Word:
Updated Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act Fliers: http://bit.ly/JRMMAfliers
Meet:
Madison NORML: 2nd and 4th Mondays at 7pm see: MadisonNORML.org or WINORML.org for more info on location.
Milwaukee Area NORML: Meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays: See WINORML.org for more info.

DONATE:
Any donation over $12 will get a free Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act pin. Any donation over $50 will get a free shirt

G

God bless you Mary, and R.I.P she was a true hero..Lets get this done for Mary and all the other Marys..

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran

images

Is your medicine legal? The Wisconsin mother suffers from several incurable medical conditions and says the only effective treatment is marijuana. Rickert joined two state legislators and other medical marijuana supporters Tuesday for a press conference to announce the introduction of new medical marijuana legislation.

This pic awhile ago, but I think it is Mary Powers and Jacki Rickert marching strong!

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
I did notice this, that a good majority of folks down in Madison lobbying are there because they want to use marijuana at the end of their life or to help with a "physical" ailment.

Gary said something once that stuck with me

"We cannot rely on the dying and disabled to get this bill passed"

I know this is hard, but where are the supportors who are not end users? They need to be down there also... Where are the users who have not yet needed (knock on wood) to use for medical reasons? They are more able to help out now, where are they?

I would love to see a real GRASS ROOTS MOVEMENT in WI.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
Spread the word, a phone call is all it is going to take to be part of WI history.

Do you use medical marijuana? Do you support patients and doctors rights?

The Legislators want to her from YOU! Their constituants.

The legislators want to different things, first is just noise, contacts from the people in the state, LIGHT UP and then LIGHT UP THOSE PHONES... COME ON! ACT NOW!

If you have a testimonial or can share how Cannabis saved your life and helps you be part of the community, let them know NOW, they want these things!

The second thing they want and need is information, medical informatoin. JAMA stuff, no overloads of email after email, but if you got a good peice of literature, GET IT TO YOUR LEGISLATOR NOW! Follow up with a phone call and make sure they got the information and understand it.

THE LEGISLATORS IN WI NEED YOUR HELP....

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT EVEN KNOW THEY WILL BE PATIENTS ONE DAY, NEED YOUR HELP!

STAND UP AND ACT NOW, OUR VOICES ARE BEING HEARD!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bump..

Bump..

Gary said something once that stuck with me
"We cannot rely on the dying and disabled to get this bill passed"

I know this is hard, but where are the supportors who are not end users? They need to be down there also... Where are the users who have not yet needed (knock on wood) to use for medical reasons?

Canna good post..I think good quotes from you and your freind. Good luck with your fight there and I hope many will see your message and take a moment to make that call. DD