What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

--Watch CC Build his Log "Cabin"--

CC Rider

Here you may sit and watch me build my greenhouse, i plan on building it out of trees from my back yard (i have alot of em out there), its going to an A-frame style with one side on hinges that will be able to be lifted to get some air flow going. lets let the pics do some talking.....

first i must find some trees........

ahhh heres a good one, lets get choppin!!

and chopin....

TIMBER!!!

now i gotta slice it in half to carry it out of the deep dark woods..

do join me in my expedition!!
updates tommorow!!
CC

LORD BENIS

Damn Abraham!
I dig your style man, a true outdoor grower always cuts down at least one tree :)
Great idea with the exhuast hinges, if I could do it all over that'd be the one thing I'd add; that and rain gutters.
What dimensions are you planning on?
How many trees will it take?
How long you gotta haul that SOB.
How long did it take ya to bring her down, anyway?
Sorry for all the sporadic questions, and I do have one suggestion.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw

CC Rider

eh LORD BENIS :wave: , yeah i figure cuting down a tree or two wont hurt anyone, and its going to a good cause so i dont think ill be accumilating any bad karma. as far as rain gutters go i dont think i will be needing them since its an A-frame and the rain will just slide off. as far as dimentions go.....ill figure that out tommorow. im hoping that im only going to be needing one more tree but we will see what happens, and i really dont know how long it took me, but i do know that i enjoyed it, it was really good exercise, actully the only really hard part was dragging it out with all the snow on the ground....i cant wait till its all melted. :woohoo:.................about the chainsaw thing, haha, thanks for the link, but im trying to be as natural as possible (its that gosh darn hippie coming out in me again).......
CC

J0sh1

Veteran
Heya there.

DIY proyects are the best and with access to the resources you have in your backyard, it would be criminal not to take the opportunity to use them. In your picture i can see that there is a huge abundance of trees around that area so chop down a few and build your greenhouse. Im going to be watching :wave:

May destiny bring you a many good crops.

:wave:

D

DJ_highst_

Welcome CC Rider :wave:

This looks like it has some potential. Anyone that goes into the woods during the winter, with snow on the ground, to chop trees down with an axe, obviously is not fucking around or half-assing it.

Forget guerilla growing, you are just going caveman style. I love it.

I am just finishing building mine. It was a modified A-frame. I will try to give pointers (not trying to tell you how do to do it though) on the things that messed me up and maybe it can help.

Good luck bro. peace_highst

CC Rider

J0sh1- thanks fer stopin by, im very thankfull that i live in such a woodsy area with so many trees, theres nothin like gettin high in the forest :joint:

DJ_highst_- eh man, im completely open to suggestions about my plans, so dont worry about sounding like your telling me what to do, and although this is kinda cheesey im going to say it anyway, two brains are better than one! thanks for the kind words....

peace yall

CC

Last edited:
G

this is the coolest thread i've seen in a long time CC!

doesn't the wood need to dry out for a year or two first?

keep up the good work man! :rasta:

CC Rider

heya User Name, thanks fer stopin by, and yeah i think that drying the wood is a more porper way and it wont split when it starts to warm up a bit. I figure that it really doesnt matter if it splits since its not like a house or something, its not really holding anything up except for some plastic.....but i guess ill just have to see.

CC
(update soon)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Awesome thread CC! This is going to be someting else, WOW!

I'll be hanging, smoking in the backround and chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! for your success and for all of us to see this plan/dream come to fruition! I'm so impressed with the premise that I have to say I really look forward to the result. Between Bonzo's Thread, Babbas Outdoors (should be starting soon) and your "Lincoln" Log Cabin (great president, one of my favorites) plus our chanting thread, I have to to try and spend some more time online!

growing up I was told as a stoner I wouldn't amount to nufthing, click and behold I have friends doing amazing things for world peace and even one buddy constructing his own Log Cabin! Working with nature will yeild you some great results CC, Thank you for posting this thread up.

I'll be checking in :wave:

Peace

CC Rider

eh there easyd, how goes it? thanks for stoping buy i hope you will enjoy watchin me do this as much as im enjoying doing it, ill be PMing you soon! :wave:

well heres what ive got done today.....

first off i had to find myself a new tree....
ehhhhh this one looks good!!

and with my superhuman stoner strength....arrrrr.....

man am i tired, but now im going to start making some notches to attach them all, mind you i still need one more tree.

boy am i beat, my feet are wet and cold, i got blisters on me hands and wood chips in me eyes.......i think we all know what this means!!!

peace yalllll
CC

G

hahaha, way to relax after some hard choppin and draggin! lookin forward to see this one come together

brah

oh wow this is fucking awesome for sure man, keep up the hard work!

do you have any cedar trees? those would be MONEY, and smell good ;D

CC Rider

hey. thanks fer stoping by brah and irishSoCo!
due to some extreme changes in weather i have had a bit of a delay on the green house, but ill be chopin trees as soon as i can with updates to follow!!
CC

G

DJ_highst_ said:
Welcome CC Rider :wave:

This looks like it has some potential. Anyone that goes into the woods during the winter, with snow on the ground, to chop trees down with an axe, obviously is not fucking around or half-assing it.

LOL, yeah that is ambitious ;)

CC Rider

soo, the weather changed for the better so i decided it was time to start a' buildin!
marley1 said:
wanna borrow a chain saw? =p

nice project, i cant wait to see some more build pics.

hehe... i love my axe!!

welll..... onto some building pics

i got all of my trees for the frame ready to be put together

drilling drilling drilling drilling drilling drilling

my not so great rope skills

and WAHBAMMMM
her she is

theres still alot of work to be done but it feels great to see it standing up like that!! oh yeah and just so ya know its a little over 6 feet high and maybe like 7 or 8 feet long....
peace

CC :wave:

D

DJ_highst_

looking good.

I am convinced you are that caveman from the Geico commercials. I cant see anyone else with the primal instincts to build something like that in the winter time, lol.

Good luck with the rest. Keep the pics coming.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great work CC! Love the shots! I may make me somethin like this this weekend to get the vegies started in.... Thanks for the idea! :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts