What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well Wishes for Steve Tuck.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Steve Tuck, legendary botanist & horticulturaist, as well as creator of many strains especially Herijuana, and founder of Hillbilly Dreams Seed Company has tested positive for COVID-19.

Steve has been sick for a while, ever since December. He had long suspected he had this but testing was unavailable for the longest time. He is on the board of a Hemp company from Wuhan who flew in for a meeting, and he's been sick ever since.

Until COVID-19 became a "thing", he failed all influenza tests blowing his doctors minds, and he has good insurance. He would get better for a few days, and then get hit with a harder wave, and it hasn't stopped.

Not only has Steve tested positive, but so has his sister, who is normally never gets sick, and this has wiped her out as well.

Steve's advice for everyone right now is to combust flower rather than vape it until this is "over", because the higher temperature of the flame is more likely to kill such a virus than a vape. I'm not sure of the science, but that's just his message to everyone for the time being.

In the meantime, he wants everyone to stay safe.

Sincerely,
Tetra

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Steve Tuck, legendary botanist & horticulturaist, as well as creator of many strains especially Herijuana, and founder of Hillbilly Dreams Seed Company has tested positive for COVID-19.

Steve has been sick for a while, ever since December. He had long suspected he had this but testing was unavailable for the longest time. He is on the board of a Hemp company from Wuhan who flew in for a meeting, and he's been sick ever since.

Until COVID-19 became a "thing", he failed all influenza tests blowing his doctors minds, and he has good insurance. He would get better for a few days, and then get hit with a harder wave, and it hasn't stopped.

Not only has Steve tested positive, but so has his sister, who is normally never gets sick, and this has wiped her out as well.

Steve's advice for everyone right now is to combust flower rather than vape it until this is "over", because the higher temperature of the flame is more likely to kill such a virus than a vape. I'm not sure of the science, but that's just his message to everyone for the time being.

Sincerely,
Tetra
???

H

hard rain

I hope he gets better. Wouldn't wish this on anyone.

That advice to smoke instead of vape is bizarre. Why would you assume there is virus on your bud? I'm no medical expert but I would advise people to use edibles or nothing if they had the virus. Plus, if he's had this from December, it's a fair bet that what he's doing isn't working for him.
Personally I have decided that if I get this I will not use cannabis at all for the duration.

rolandomota

It's spread through contact with infected saliva and mucus with your saliva or mucus so any kind of sharing will spread the virus easy or food prep or eating together I was thinking today about how many people have died because they ate around someone who is sick usually kids cough and sneeze all over the place adults too but I can just hear it...." We eat as a family" we humans have very bad habits

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I concur :) If nothing else it has taught us our societal flaws, which IMHO is a win win.

I wish Steve and his sister a speedy recovery but... I stand by my ??? wrt vaping or combusting bud for that matter. If one has a depressed lung function then I can see it, but both provide enough heat to alleviate the problem. I vape @ 360 deg F. Go sit in your oven at 350 deg and tell me how you make out.

Then again, there are always sublingual applications as mentioned here, edibles, and mari pills. :)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I don't think he meant disinfecting the bud from germs. Rather, I think he felt the higher temp of combustion would impart hotter air on intake. I think the vaping is better for WuFlu than smoking for several reasons. 1st is I only do one hit per bowl load, so the vapor is mostly terpenes, a solvent. 2nd, with no smoke or other chems, my lungs feel a lot better.

I hate it that he got sick, and being in Wuhan and flying from there, he got a good dose of the OG bug.

I wonder what the hemp business was about. I do not want any china sourced CBD oil, nor any from the farm that has been growing row crops the last 100 years.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It's spread through contact with infected saliva and mucus with your saliva or mucus so any kind of sharing will spread the virus easy or food prep or eating together I was thinking today about how many people have died because they ate around someone who is sick usually kids cough and sneeze all over the place adults too but I can just hear it...." We eat as a family" we humans have very bad habits

I am at the supermarket this afternoon, rockin my N-95 mask, and an employee who was wiping down stuff started sneezing. Actually I think he was a manager. He had a beard net on. We need more better masks, everywhere.

Then again allergy season is in full swing through the end of May. People should at the min carry a folded up paper towel to hold over their mouth and nose IMO.

Last edited:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I am at the supermarket this afternoon, rockin my N-95 mask, and an employee who was wiping down stuff started sneezing. Actually I think he was a manager.

Then again allergy season is in full swing through the end of May.
My brother was at the market last week talking to someone in the line up. Buddy said take a look behind you. There was a guy, complete with gloves rubbing his nose and, never thought any of it.

Both my wife and I are still good but her allergies are staring to kick in. No symptoms neither one of us. We check our temps twice a day.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
For some further clarification, vaping as in dabbing is fine. Vaping dispensary carts or black market carts are breeding grounds because of carrier liquids and particle size if exposed. That was what he was advising against.

As far as flowers, he is just saying for now, smoking it is safer than vaping it because of the higher temperature as we still don't know at what temperatures the virus can truly withstand as previous tests of 1 hour at around 150F, some strains of COVID-19 survive while others don't, so for now it would just be a potential precautionary method if you are smoking flower that you did not grow yourself, such as from a dispensary, a collective, or the black market.

I vape anywhere between 390F and 420F which SHOULD kill COVID-19, and I will continue to vape and smoke, but his warning does make sense, as we have been lied to worldwide regarding COVID-19 and new information keeps coming out each day, numbers keep rising, and what they told us were facts turns out to not be facts, so I guess he's just saying it's better to be safe than sorry.

Luckily no one breathes on my weed so I don't have to worry about getting COVID-19 from smoking or vaping, but everyone is at risk to get infected, and obviously, no matter how many precautions we take, we can still get COVID-19.

I see a lot of people are ordering food now. Uber Eats and what not are making a lot of money. Meanwhile their drivers are going literally everywhere, with nothing but a futile mask. There are so many potential ways to get it, but that's not the point.

The point is, to keep Steve in your thoughts, prayers, positive energy, vibes, etc... etc... for a complete recovery, and to stay safe.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I'll be passing on everyones well wishes. Additionally, it started for him with body aches and a scratchy throat, so be safe everyone!

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Just to let everyone know, Steve has finally recovered and his sister is recovering as well. Again, stay safe everyone!

SteveTuck

Sincerely,
Tetra

I want to thank all for the well wishes and was just shown this yesterday? The reason I was talking about smoking vs Vaping is we were having a lot of trouble with EVAl crap of lung irritation and damage from people using vape pens because some of the cannabis has been grown by folks who don’t know what they are doing and many pesticides and herbicides (mycobutanal being the worst to me) and not mistaking the harms from this for covid as I couldn’t tell for sure until I got my positive covid test it wasn’t just me dabbing concentrated bs despite me only acquiring from a very reputable business at the time? We all must be on guard for banned substances being used on cannabis as I still keep finding them and some of those can cause great damage that makes covid so much more dangerous! Thanks again for well wishes and despite healing from Covid we both still had some small long-haul symptoms of covid until we where vaccinated! I hope everybody stays safe and this nightmare ends ASAP so we can get back to plans and company growth! Sincerely, Steven Tuck