What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kenny Rogers dies age 81 RIP

superx

Veteran
RIP, decent old age. I was under the impression he was already dead. My folks listened to him a lot and can recall his music being played in the background during my youth. Was never a fan of country and western music.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP Mr Rogers,,,
Wichita lineman by Glen Campbell is my fav all time C and W song but loved “ Lady”” by
Kenny Rogers,,,,s2

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Old Kenny Rogers RIP - always a Karaoke treat - to sing his songs - all over the world he's famous - even if its just for his chicken restaurants - dueted with Dolly Parton on 'Islands in the Stream' - classic.

Great voice - that was always on the radio when I was a kid -

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Thanks Kenny, for all the times you..your music and talent encouraged everyone and has been recorded to hear and see!

Rest in peace.:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sad to hear....he had bladder cancer. What a performer- liked his early albums!! Was a pretty good actor too.

Thanks for making it a brighter day hearing, "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)"

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
RIP

Just a week or so ago I was talking to my son (he's 41) we were listening to Spotify and "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" was playing. I asked him who he thought it was. He didn't have a clue and was even more surprised that it was considered Psychedelic Rock!