What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purchasing CBD/THC together or separate?

1edsm4

Doc just ordered CBD:THC 1:1 ratio. Only a few options available at the dispensary.

Any reason I shouldn't buy CBD and THC separately and just combine at home (i.e. THC edible and a CBD tincture)?

Seems less expensive, more options and I can modify the ratios, if needed.

Additionally, is 1mg of CBD and 1mg of THC the same as a 1:1 ratio? (Sorry to ask the obvious, just want to make sure I get off on the right foot).

Thanks for any help!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doc just ordered CBD:THC 1:1 ratio. Only a few options available at the dispensary.

Any reason I shouldn't buy CBD and THC separately and just combine at home (i.e. THC edible and a CBD tincture)?

Seems less expensive, more options and I can modify the ratios, if needed.

Additionally, is 1mg of CBD and 1mg of THC the same as a 1:1 ratio? (Sorry to ask the obvious, just want to make sure I get off on the right foot).

Thanks for any help!

Sure, you can do that! May have to play around with ratios. Good luck!!
There's strains out there 1:1. In the meantime, be you own apothecary!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I buy a 3:5 CBD:THC (36% CBD, 22% THC) mix and then blend with 95% THC salt to match what I need at any particular time.

Some times it is just the CBD premix and other times it is THC alone, depends on my stress level. Choice is nice.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
My stress level is medium. What should be the ratio i need follow? I am confused.:1help:

Confused and brooding about it relentlessly? Straight THC will add to the confusion but possibly reducing the ability to brood about the problems.

CBD tends to reduce worry and clarify scattered thoughts, if clarity is what is wanted.

Unless I am in a mood where I need some stress to motivate me to get off the couch. No two days are the same, I have not found the one size that fits all.

Trying them all does appear to be the method to find that premium mix of the day.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A simple minded guy like me would just alternate hits of CBD and THC rich flower. Didn't say how you need to ingest it.

You can make cannabutter from CBD rich flower too. Maybe mix flowers 50/50 as input to edibles, if that would work. Decarb first, or... I vape for a couple hits to get the terps, then make butter with that material when there is enough.

hellfire

It may be cheaper to source raw hemp derived CBD than buy premade products. You could buy an oz of cbd or so then use it as needed with your thc products and experiment with ratios.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Buy a pound of good CBD flower, or two different 1/2s. The stuff is cheap, and I think legal to mail.

CBD crystals would be nice to source at a good price, and not from china, to make hand lotion with.

Latest posts

Latest posts