What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help me by answering some quick questions about your experience with cannabis!

entourage

Hello! :wave:

I'm brand new to this forum and am developing a new cannabis product that I feel strongly will improve the lives of medical cannabis patients. If you have the time, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from some of you about the following questions:

As much or as little information and as many or as few answers as you're able to give. Literally any input is very helpful for me. I'm developing this product for YOU and want to understand your experience so I can make the best product possible. :biggrin:

1. Do you ever feel confused by the names of all the different cannabis strains?

2. How much do you rely on the ‘bud tenders’ at the dispensaries to explain things or make recommendations?

3. How confident do you typically feel about the knowledgeability of the 'bud tenders’ and their ability to make accurate recommendations for you?

4. Is having access to good THC:CBD blends important for you? How do you feel about the availability of THC:CBD blends?

5. Do you ever wish you could simply add CBD to your favorite strains?

6. Are you ever unhappy with your purchases at the dispensary? How about thru a delivery service?

7. If it were really easy, would you like to be able to make your own custom strain? Either by combining any number of your favorite strains or by simply selecting the effects you want?

8. How well are you able to pick out the right cannabis for yourself to treat your symptoms?

9. What is it like when the cannabis is ‘a little off’ or not what you expected? How does it affect you?

10. Have you ever found the 'perfect cannabis' for you only to not been able to find it again?

11. When you buy something that works really well for you, are you typically able to find it again at the dispensary? Can you tell me about when you could and when you couldn’t?

12. How many different strains of cannabis do you typically keep around?

13. How many different strains would you typically smoke/vape in an average day? How about in a week?

14. Do you feel satisfied with the flavor of most vape pen cartridges?

15. Do you prefer smoking or vaping? Any reason for one over the other?

16. How much interest do you have in the new cannabinoids that are becoming available (like THCV, Delta-8 THC, CBG, CBN, THCP, CBDP, etc…) and have you tried any of them yet?

To prevent any confirmation bias, I'm not going to reveal what the product is on this thread, but if this questions got you curious, please feel free to DM me and I'll be happy to tell you more and/or add you to our mailing list. Thanks everyone!

hayday

Veteran
Remember when you could just get a bag of weed and smoke with friends and laugh? You're going to have a hard time gettig a full plant experience out of your "product"

It's in pretty poor taste to come in here and ask growers what product they want to see in your latest fad cbdthcp store.

Most of the Growers here are more than capable of shaping their own profile experience and have been doing so for a number of decades throughout prohibition and under scrutiny of law.

...and here you are, wanting help with your "product".

I don't think a growers site is the place for your survey. The doors that way~>

mr.brunch

Veteran
No offence intended but....
that sounds like a list written by someone who hasn’t tried weed, but wants to extract money from people who do.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
1. Do you ever feel confused by the names of all the different cannabis strains?
No, I'm actually offended by the mess created by prohibition and ignorance.

2. How much do you rely on the ‘bud tenders’ at the dispensaries to explain things or make recommendations?
Not many growers from here are going to be listening to 'bud tenders' at a dispensary. In my experience they're mostly ignorant about cannabis.

3. How confident do you typically feel about the knowledgeability of the 'bud tenders’ and their ability to make accurate recommendations for you?
Zero, unless one shows they actually have an education.

4. Is having access to good THC:CBD blends important for you? How do you feel about the availability of THC:CBD blends?
People are infinitely variable, and having multiple options is very helpful. I still find dispensaries pushing numbers instead of quality.

I already do that with CBD isolate.

6. Are you ever unhappy with your purchases at the dispensary? How about thru a delivery service?
Only one dispensary has ever provided me with clean, awesome cannabis. It was in 2008 and it completely changed my view of 'quality' and cannabis. Everything else has been mostly trash in comparison.

7. If it were really easy, would you like to be able to make your own custom strain? Either by combining any number of your favorite strains or by simply selecting the effects you want?
Is it the same quality as all the other dispensary offerings, or does it stand out like the difference between a match and the sun? If not, I wouldn't care.
Would non-growers like it? Sure, it sounds like a great marketing gimmick. How effective do people find it for themselves individually? How difficult have they found the process to create what works for them?

8. How well are you able to pick out the right cannabis for yourself to treat your symptoms?
It's hit or miss at dispensaries. Your best bet is to do your own research on the strains/terpene-profiles which have worked best for you in the past. This information is helpful, but not concrete, in choosing new strains to test.

9. What is it like when the cannabis is ‘a little off’ or not what you expected? How does it affect you?
Extremely subjective question, since everyone has a different definition of being 'on.' The effects are produced through a specific combination of terpenes and cannabiniods, and the specific person who's using them.

10. Have you ever found the 'perfect cannabis' for you only to not been able to find it again?
I've found ones which were very beneficial. These days I would like to be able to get a cannabinoid and terpene profile workup in a lab. This would be much more concrete information for choosing/breeding new strains of the same effect.

11. When you buy something that works really well for you, are you typically able to find it again at the dispensary? Can you tell me about when you could and when you couldn’t?
The only dispensary I would want to buy from, was robbed and shut down by the DEA a few years later.

I'm in the market for full terpene profile extracts of the strains I know work for me. This is something I would repeatedly buy, if it was clean, consistent and quality.

2-3 minimum, plus access to additional genetics through friends and dispensaries.

13. How many different strains would you typically smoke/vape in an average day? How about in a week?
It can vary from 2 to 10+, depending on the activity of the week. I prefer to use one strain for daily use, and a small amount of other strains for specific purposes.

Hell no, vape cartridges are gross. They either use PGP or VG, and inhaling either is very gross for me. I vastly prefer a cleanly vaped hit of rich terpene extract.

I prefer smoking for the same reason I avoid dispensaries, the cannabis quality difference is literally night/day. The smooth, soft and cool, inhale of pure flavor and aroma from clean, trichome dense cannabis is awesomely better than a vape. The first thing I want to do after vaping is smoke some flower. The vaping experience leaves something out for me, every time.

In my opinion, vaping has seen such awesome success BECAUSE the general quality of cannabis is so poor. Of course a vape is smoother than the garbage you bought from the dispensary, or Joey down the street, or grew yourself with common cultivation information.

16. How much interest do you have in the new cannabinoids that are becoming available (like THCV, Delta-8 THC, CBG, CBN, THCP, CBDP, etc…) and have you tried any of them yet?
No experience yet, and definitely looking forward to testing.

I'm one of those who are completely disgusted with the whole 'commercial cannabis' scene. Poisoning people is not my cup of tea, and that's what's going on every day.

Sunshineinabag

UNDER THE SCRUTINY OF LAW!

UNDER THE SCRUTINY OF LAW!

Remember when you could just get a bag of weed and smoke with friends and laugh? You're going to have a hard time gettig a full plant experience out of your "product"

It's in pretty poor taste to come in here and ask growers what product they want to see in your latest fad cbdthcp store.

Most of the Growers here are more than capable of shaping their own profile experience and have been doing so for a number of decades throughout prohibition and under scrutiny of law.

...and here you are, wanting help with your "product".

I don't think a growers site is the place for your survey. The doors that way~>

Halelujah!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I was in the extract business for 15 years. Doing research on extracting is why I began growing, I needed a consistent raw material.
Now that I am retired I found a pot shop that carries a 95% THC product with similar effects to what I used to make. Back then I standardized at 70% for commercial products and the 95% was used as an ingredient in my custom mix.

At the present time I cut the 95% THC with 100% CBD to achieve the 70:30 THC:CBD ratio I prefer. It took roughly ten different brands of extracts at $30 (CBD) to $80 (5% terps, 80% THC) per gram to find the mix that functioned for me. The small percentage of "other" makes a huge huge difference. I suppose if I had not known exactly what I wanted I may never have found satisfaction.

The bud tenders at the pot shop never entered into the equation at all, how could they?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
pay me $5K and I'll point you to Indra's patents, read them, the THC:CBD ratios are already figured out for you, terpenes too, vape pen dilutants and all,
and then you can stop wasting your time and go design sex toys or something. #DoYouEvenKnowHowToPatentSearchBro?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Sometimes.

Never met a budtender

N/A

Yes. I sometimes mix my CBD varieties with my THC varieties.

Yes, and I do

Never been to either

It is easy, I combine strains just like you say.

If a strain doesn't work, I just go to the next one.

No idea what you are asking.

Not perfect, but there are cultivars out there that I would like to try again.

Never been to a dispensary

Dry? 6-12 depending on timing

That depends on what tastes I'm going for at that time. Sometimes one a day, sometimes 4 or 5

Absolutely not. I have never tasted one that tasted similar to cannabis.

Smoking. Smoking seems to taste better to me. This is just my opinion.

Would love to try all of the cannabinoids, but haven't tried any.

To prevent any confirmation bias, I'm not going to reveal what the product is on this thread, but if this questions got you curious, please feel free to DM me and I'll be happy to tell you more and/or add you to our mailing list. Thanks everyone!

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Hello! :wave:

I'm brand new to this forum and am developing a new cannabis product that I feel strongly will improve the lives of medical cannabis patients. If you have the time, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from some of you about the following questions:
That is your opinion

Yes and no. It's renaming cultivars that lead to the confusion.

Never been to a "medical dispensary". The others, IME are simply selling product. Their knowledge, is questionable at best.

Not!

I search for strains that will help with my issues. Yes I lean towards CBD vs THC. So that is a moot point and an entirely different conversation. Because I have the ability to grow, I grow my own medicine. It is cheaper, I know its quality and I can replicate my medicine, not having to depend on someone else to provide for my needs, not knowing how long or if the supply lasts?

Why? If your a grower breed it in

Only used the "rec" dispensary to see what it's all about. Although, Canada probably as the lowest taxation (for now) it is simply too expensive for its quality. I grow better than what is available @ NSLC

With that question, you have definitely demonstrated you don't know how the medical side of the house works.

On a scale of 1-10, 8.5-9. It's called research and corroboration.

Control the quality, not expecting a 3rd party to do so for you. Grow your own!

Previously answered.

Previously answered.

12-16

Two: one day strain and one night strain. I rotate the strains weekly. I further rotate the evening strains to ensure it is in rotation with the daily strains e.g I won't see that combo for 2 months.

Of course, I make my own :)

I quit smoking in 2010, so its vaping. To me vaping allows me to taste the various nuances, which I don't get when combusting.

None!

Soliciting, even in the guise of a survey goes against forum rules.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I believe there is nothing new under the sun regarding humans and cannabis. But with an open mind, please tell us what you have that is so novel.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It's mix-your-own flavored vitamin E acetate. Leftovers from Mr Extractor.

You can always expect a quality product from quality marketing research like this. Must have cost him millions. Maybe it's Coca-Cola. I'm pretty sure this is how they do all their marketing research.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Buying seeds is hit or miss from catalogs using names.

"Can I look closer at that?" As a commercial extract merchant for over a decade this was very helpful. Otherwise the THC and terp percentages in the label are helpful.

In the grocery store I always make a point of checking with the cashier before buying fruits and veggies for stomach discomfort. Why would be buying pot be different?

I feel capable of blending my own, that way preordained days get a different mix than free will days.

I do. And being a vape user it is not actually 'strains' I am adding it to. Even simpler that way.

The dispensaries have always sold me exactly what I bought, without exception.

My commercial extracts were from plants I grew in my own garden. 'Really easy' never occurred to me as a description.
Neither was blending the finished product for standardized strength and flavor.

It actually took a couple of years and it still changes as I age. I had to reduce the terps just a couple months ago.

If it is a little off in lung effects it affects the lungs deep breathing. An occasional nasal disturbance appears randomly and will really try and make me sneeze. I felt odd.

Yes, a friend had a 'clone only' strain and when I decided it was 'the one' it was too late, he had disposed of them for being hard to trim.

There was a shatter called 'terp sauce' with 6% terpene extracts that was discontinued.

Extracts containing predominately THC or CBD, a mix of terps and THC, and a shatter mix with 83% THC and 4% terps in fixed ratio.
So, four types.

THC early.
THC/terps second breakfast.
THC lunch.
THC/CBD afternoon and suppertime.
THC evening.
So, three in a day. A week may see some straight CBD as well.

Do I wish to die of lung inflammation if it tastes good? I will never know.

Smoke particles and carbon monoxide, four heart attacks and smoke particles will kill me.

All of them, but most seem not to make a difference to me personally in the amounts ingested.

I did statistics for a living for a short time while young. This survey may be interesting and a anecdotal kind of way but as a basis for any type of rigorous conclusions it may as well not even be taken.

While most responses are from members seemingly slightly annoyed for being treated as ignorant, some are sincere.
But over 99% of head shop customers are not members of this grower's forum and that really invalidates the answers.

I answered straightly, but seeing how I made my living since 2000, I do not expect much overlap with pot shop customers like my son in law's friends.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
as a basis for any type of rigorous conclusions it may as well not even be taken.

While most responses are from members seemingly slightly annoyed for being treated as ignorant, some are sincere.
But over 99% of head shop customers are not members of this grower's forum and that really invalidates the answers.
I too have worked in the market research field, and I concur they're polling the wrong demographics.

Entourage, Your clients are the ignorant, which currently make up a large percentage of the world population. They are a demographic which is (slowly for now) going away. These people generally know nothing, or next to nothing, about cannabis. This makes bud tenders helpful for them. In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king... right? ;)

Add demographic questions so you can at least primitively sort your data. Print up 2,000 of these surveys, get some clipboards and pens, and go stand outside dispensaries. TALK to the people yourself. You'll get much more accurate data, and lots of personal growth and experience.

Put this survey up on the kiddie cannabis forums, the ones with poor moderation. Most of those folks will be non-growers and wannabees. The data will be more corrupted, since kids have immaturity issues, but they're the upcoming generation of vape pen users.

I wish you the best of luck. :tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
1. No. Usually with a quick google search I can find out what the strain's parent's are. The part that's confusing is the way everyone gives a different name to the same thing. Calling a clone or a direct offspring a new 'strain'. Or the opposite, multiple people calling their cut 'OG Kush' because people recognize the name. Even though the plant is unrelated to other 'OG Kushes'.

2. Not at all. I'd rather ask Trimmers for their input then Budtenders. I assume the Budtenders are trying to sell whatever their boss told them to sell.

3. Same question and answer as 2.

4. CBD doesn't get you wasted, not interested.

5. No. If I did, I'd get some seeds and make some crosses.

6. I've bought cannabis at dispensaries twice. Well, the new WA state recreational dispensaries. The old medical dispensaries were great. You could roll a joint with the owner, get baked, and talk shop. Now you aren't allowed to smell or touch the cannabis, it's sealed in containers and pushed by the ridiculous budtenders.

When the shops opened I decided to test the quality. They had a strain I'd grown, Chernobyl, with a strong distinctive odor. I asked the Budtender about it, he said it was great. When I got home and opened it, no smell. Well, it smelled like the boring old commercial rockwool hydro nondescript algae weed. Nothing like Chernobyl is suppose to smell. I asked one of my grow partners to try it, blind, in case I was crazy. He said the same thing I did. Trash. If I'd been allowed to smell it I never would have bought it.

The next time I knew what I wanted, there's a guy with a Rec license growing real cannabis. I asked the budtender to get it specifically. While the budtender found it we chatted about cannabis growing. He thought the term 'hermaphrodite' was the same thing as 'Autoflower'. At least he was able to find the stuff I wanted. It was what it was suppose to be, probably the only product in the shop worth trying. I may as well be a shill, drop the grower's handle. Kiona.

7. Oh Jeez where we at? Only half-way? This is why I don't do these surveys. Boring, and I'm working for some guy who's making money off of me for free. Fucking stupid, I guess I'm a sucker.

8. Well, a friend gives me some seeds, or I shop for some that look interesting. I grow them out and smoke it. If I like it, I breed on it and grow it some more. If it sucks I chuck it. Next Question.

9. I chuck it or give it to my friends, well, chumps but they're my friends..

10. Yeah that sucks. You grow a strain, give your friend cuts, and they lose it. You didn't save seeds or fucked around and it's gone forever. Heartbreaking.

11. This is another one of those 'two for one' deals. Two questions. That means there's actually 18, no, 20 questions in this survey. Clever because I probably wouldn't have wasted my time with playing 20 fucking questions for free.

12. 6 or 7 or more. I always grow too many different strains.

13. Two questions again!

14. I won't lie, a guy gave me a hit of a lemon flavored one a few months back and it tasted pleasurable. He worked for a Rec grower, got all the vape pens he wanted for free. He said it was Lemon Silver Haze but I suspect it was some terpene soaked abomination. I had my hit and that was it.

15. Smoking. Vaping gives me a headache and requires to much specialization. Much easier just to roll a joint or smoke some hash.

16. Don't know but I think I've found the one I like...

Latest posts

Latest posts