What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Cannabis Useful for "Morning Sickness" for Pregnant Women ?

St. Phatty

Just reading about Thalidomide, and the chemistry theory of right-handed vs. left-handed isomers.

Notch up another anti-victory for American biotech ?

Thought they had something that worked better than Cannabis.

That didn't work out so well for a lot of children.

Basically Thalidomide stopped limbs from developing.

Just wondering if Thalidomide is another historical example of Cannabis Prohibition creating Hell on Earth.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there nonanecdotal evidence to support the use of cannabis during pregnancy?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
I don't think stopping morning sickness is worth playing with the biochemistry of a developing baby. But then I'm a bloke :).

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Yeah, what ^^ said. Same thing with kids smoking pot. something about your mental development stops when you start toking.

I am a 16 yr old mentally.

P

pongster

it IS useful, to leave the unborn with irreparable damage for life, unspeakable consequences and astonishing decimation of his/her quality of life, forever. (i'm watching samurai jack)

endure the pregnancy, or dont get pregnant.

cheers
:rasta:

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have had morning sickness, not only pregnant women get it. I use a small piece of bread or a cracker and ginger kambucha that I make and it has stopped it.

bushed

There has been real evidence based research into this topic. The results were that mothers using weed during pregnacy had no cognitive effects on the child and a very slight physical effect. It is NOT comparable to alcohol which can have extreme effects on the childs cognitive development.

The dehidration caused by really bad morning sickness can have an effect on the childs cognitive and physical develpment.

So in conclusion its best not to use during pregnancy but its not terrible either, is actually conparable to caffine. If the morning sickness is extreme then it can actually be benificial to medicate.

X

xavier7995

There has been real evidence based research into this topic. The results were that mothers using weed during pregnacy had no cognitive effects on the child and a very slight physical effect. It is NOT comparable to alcohol which can have extreme effects on the childs cognitive development.

The dehidration caused by really bad morning sickness can have an effect on the childs cognitive and physical develpment.

So in conclusion its best not to use during pregnancy but its not terrible either, is actually conparable to caffine. If the morning sickness is extreme then it can actually be benificial to medicate.

I looked into this quite a bit a few years back, that is same conclusion I came to. Of course it isnt ideal to ingest anything, but a bit o weed to help hold down food is better than either the medicines or effects of just dealing with it and puking all the time. It's really a personal decision, I will say there isnt much real research on it, or at least I struggled to find non-biased info on either side of the issue.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am a man so I know nothing about this morning sickness... however I went through a spell where if I started coughing when I got up in the morning, I would try to puke but it was dry heaves. Hard on an old guy's guts.

What stopped it was 1. stopped the cough, but mostly 2. I drink water with some baking soda when I think it will start and somehow the urge to puke stops.

St. Phatty

So is the "morning sickness" that people talk about, in the context of pregnancy, just plain old simple Nausea ?

I wasn't sure if Thalidomide was just supposed to be an anti-emetic.

On the other end (evening), Cannabis is GREAT for heartburn. That was my first medical use of Cannabis. Doctor prescribed Zantac but Cannabis works SO MUCH better.