What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nerve pain

soil margin

Veteran
High THC indica’s are probably your best bet, but don’t be afraid to try a mixed THC/CBD strain like AC/DC, Cannatonic, or Shark Shock CBD. Some people get more relief with CBD and THC together. Personally I find the strain to be less important in pain relief than method of consumption. Smoking/vaping provide the least effective/shortest lasting pain relief. Edible and topical consumption provide the most effective and longest lasting pain relief.

G

@Davidw44
Sent you a rep message which you should be able to read when you make 50 posts.

Strains and peoples individual complaints are hard to generalize.
CBD rich is a great start, but trying a variety of ratios of sativa/indica may be your best choice for a long term solution. Personally I'm a fan of indica dominant strains for nerve pain and disfunction.
Best of luck!!!

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
@Davidw44
Sent you a rep message which you should be able to read when you make 50 posts.

Strains and peoples individual complaints are hard to generalize.
CBD rich is a great start, but trying a variety of ratios of sativa/indica may be your best choice for a long term solution. Personally I'm a fan of indica dominant strains for nerve pain and disfunction.
Best of luck!!!
... then again we have Harlequin, a sativa, with great pain relief amongst other things!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The best strain for your pain is what works best for you 10 people with the same condition may use 10 different strains.I use sativas or heavy Sat lines indicas dont do nada for me .

Im'One

I use island sweet skunk for my nighttime pain med. It's a sativa that leans indica or vice versa.

WelderDan

Veteran
The best strain for your pain is what works best for you 10 people with the same condition may use 10 different strains.I use sativas or heavy Sat lines indicas dont do nada for me .

This is the correct answer. Everyone is wired differently. The best strain for whatever ails you is the one that works for you. High THC Indica dom hybrids work best for me.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suffer from major nerve pain and generally speaking live within a level 6-9 on a daily basis for 10 years and have found that miracles do happen especially with cannabis .The only solution that main street medicine had to offer of course was thousands of oxycodone pills......which helped destroy parts of my body prior to my really searching for cannabis that would benefit me medincinally and not just get me stoned which is a real problem in the state I live in as it's tough to obtain many many strains in which to choose the one(s) that help me with this pain.

TRUE OG that came from elemental in san jose provided one of the best relief's WITHOUT blowing me away although when they had the TRUE in high thc levels it was the best of both worlds as with that one I could smoke it at night.

HEADBAND is another one that helps me speaking of which I do believe it's time for me to go shopping :dance013:

Platinum GSC great on pain

Lavender Moonstone, equisite taste and terrific pain management

C Banana

Juicy Fruit

Skywalker Kush

Banana Fig and several others from Fig Farms

Hoping to get some of the latest but can't say til afterwards

Hope this is at least a little helpful :tiphat:

But I think these are the best answers:
Originally Posted by @hempy
This is the correct answer. Everyone is wired differently. The best strain for whatever ails you is the one that works for you. High THC Indica dom hybrids work best for me.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Give a long answer or short one, specific or general? From people with or without how much (perceived) nerve pain? Chocolate Hashberry is a good description of itself, high resin long lasting.

iri

i have undiagnosed sporadic nerve pain in my joints, and while it’s not a strain, i found a 120 mg spray that is derived from hemp! it is called DR KERKLAAN NATURAL PAIN SPRAY full spectrum cbd extract so on so forth.... you spray it a couple times (3-5) on the area and well-la in a few minutes my pain is gone!