What's new

MIGRAINES and replacing triptans with cannabis - success?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i suffered from migraines monthly from about 9 pr 10 until i began taking blood pressure medication in early 50s. i too used the self-administered shots for mine. tried using cannabis for my migraines. i am truly unsure about my results. sometimes smoking was the last thing i did BEFORE an attack, no correlation/causation there, as my Dr & i never cornered my triggers. unless, undiagnosed high BP was the cause all along. rare in children however. it worked often enough that i kept trying it, lol. never had the injections fail me, but they were last resort as i actually felt WORSE for an hour or so after the shot...

grayeyes

As someone who has suffered migraines since he could walk, let me inform you of what I have found works for me. Bubblegum strain, at least this one I have, eliminates the headache when smoked before the halo stops. Yes, you are going to be stoned but that is much preferable to rushing to bed for the day & night dizziness and nausea.

Doctors like to diagnose alot of headaches as migraines(originates in head) and you may have to push them to get a proper diagnoses.

Cannabis 99% took away my migraine headaches with aura and numbness in hands , light sensitive , nausea which all could last up to 3 days, I suffered these type of headaches for 20 or so years.

Chiropractor/osteopath said it was cervicogenic headaches.

Physical therapist said muscle tension. Dentist diagnosed me with tmj/tmd

Hospital diagnosed me with cluster headaches and gave me zolmatriptan which no more 3 day constant pain an triptans work a treat for me when a headache starts.

Beta blocker for blood pressure certainly helped it throb less and i take a 75mg aspirin along with beta

Wedge foam pillow with 1 small pillow helped me not get headaches through the night. I have to shake my head to crack it alot of times per day to stop muscles tension that can cause it all.

Weed helped me stop typical migraines and helps deal with these other headaches/neck/jaw.

Certain heavy fuel strains can ease the muscles but can be a sinus blocker that can make a headache worse so i would be careful with those. Tangie can have good effect for slight migraines.

Old indica or ind dom strains with low terps are nice maybe up to 15% musky, earth, spice.

I would love to drop triptans but have yet to find a profile in cannabis that can do the job as effective as them.

Latest posts

Latest posts