Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Thread Title Search
Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2020, 12:42 AM #191
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
I don't know what happened, but I seemed to have missed these updates when you posted them. My apologies. Very glad to hear he's doing better, the charcoal pills are definitely over the counter.

I've read a lot of bad things about haloperidol, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided not to come back for more. Everyone is different though.

Ok, so he's gone lengths of time using mass quantities of cannabis. This suggests to me his issue is probably not THC related. If you can pick up some THC isolate 99.9% pure, you can easily test for CHS. Vaping a few milligrams should trigger at least suggestions of an issue. If he can vape THC isolate without issues he doesn't have CHS, and his issue is going to be azadirachtin from neem oil.

Nasty sulfur burps after smoking for a while? That would make me suspect as well, yes.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2020, 03:01 AM #192
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellshellkan2 View Post
I’m wondering if I’ve had a reaction to neem myself. I’ve always gotten nasty sulfur burps.
That's a sure sign your gut flora is unbalanced.

Sulfur burps are typically caused by one of the following: Something a person ate: Hydrogen sulfide gas is produced when bacteria in the oral cavity and gastrointestinal tract break down food. This can result in foul-smelling burps or flatulence.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:19 PM #193
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
That's a sure sign your gut flora is unbalanced.

Sulfur burps are typically caused by one of the following: Something a person ate: Hydrogen sulfide gas is produced when bacteria in the oral cavity and gastrointestinal tract break down food. This can result in foul-smelling burps or flatulence.
Exactly correct. Since this happens EVERY time I use neem/aza tainted cannabis, I'd say it's having a direct impact on gut flora. When I take a toke of strongly tainted cannabis, I literally get gut grumbling within minutes. Fortunately, at that level of contamination it really smells and I avoid it. Took a while to associate that smell with aza/neem, but I'm aware of it now.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:36 PM #194
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
I had gut flora episodes returning to Reno, NV several times just visiting. Did not affect me while I lived in Reno 1989-1990. Very uncomfortable. Made me understand the value of clean water (drank bottled water in Reno, have PUR filter and Big Berkey for water sources I drink or cook with) and pre/probiotics!

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

aridbud is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2020, 11:49 PM #195
Gimpy

Gimpy will become famous soon enoughGimpy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I don't know what happened, but I seemed to have missed these updates when you posted them. My apologies. Very glad to hear he's doing better, the charcoal pills are definitely over the counter.

I've read a lot of bad things about haloperidol, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided not to come back for more. Everyone is different though.

Ok, so he's gone lengths of time using mass quantities of cannabis. This suggests to me his issue is probably not THC related. If you can pick up some THC isolate 99.9% pure, you can easily test for CHS. Vaping a few milligrams should trigger at least suggestions of an issue. If he can vape THC isolate without issues he doesn't have CHS, and his issue is going to be azadirachtin from neem oil.

Nasty sulfur burps after smoking for a while? That would make me suspect as well, yes.
Yeah that haloperidol/Haldol stuff can permanently mess you up. It causes movement disorders and brain damage. All of the atypicals/typicals can cause permanent harm to the brain. A lot of people get away with it but a lot need to be on disability after antipsychotics. All you have to look up on YouTube is akathisia or tardive dyskinesia. It's not worth it.
Gimpy is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2020, 12:03 AM #196
aridbud
automeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post
Yeah that haloperidol/Haldol stuff can permanently mess you up. It causes movement disorders and brain damage. All of the atypicals/typicals can cause permanent harm to the brain. A lot of people get away with it but a lot need to be on disability after antipsychotics. All you have to look up on YouTube is akathisia or tardive dyskinesia. It's not worth it.
Also, TD can result from the use of other medications that treat upset stomach, nausea, and vomiting, a bad reaction.

Michael Pollan

afterthought autos

aridbud is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2020, 02:03 AM #197
Douglas.Curtis

Good points, thank you so much for bringing them to our attention!

Old 04-07-2020, 11:31 PM #198
Teddybrae
IC Mag Supporter

Teddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivor
Hi Douglas!
I supply cookies to assist a chronic sufferer sleep. Quarter of a cookie with 1/4 gram Mango Haze in the evening before bed and off she snores for 10 hours.

We ran out of Mango cookies and substituted same dosage cookies containing a cross of Jack Herer and Time Out which caused immediate vomiting.

This is hard to work out because we see analysis says the different varieties are of a similar THC content.

The Client is back on Mango Haze now ... but we are puzzled and wonder whether variety, and not THC content is the culprit?

Anyway ... cheers from the Land of Oz!
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2020, 01:13 AM #199
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybrae View Post
The Client is back on Mango Haze now ... but we are puzzled and wonder whether variety, and not THC content is the culprit?

Anyway ... cheers from the Land of Oz!

I haven't heard that one before, but it does raise a few questions.

• No neem/aza was used in the grow?
  • No recycled soil was used from a previous grow which may have used neem/aza?
  • Same grow, harvest, extraction and edible mfg methods as the Mango Haze?

Old 04-09-2020, 04:27 AM #200
Gimpy

Gimpy will become famous soon enoughGimpy will become famous soon enough
Hey Douglas. I was wondering... my friends have some fresh buds but they aren't entirely ready to harvest yet. You know if there's any way to get a nug or two without killing the plant? Thanks bro.
Gimpy is offline Quote