What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12ft sidewall too big?

F

fatalxerror

What do you guys think? I figured with 1000w lights you want at least 3ft space below. So going with 12 ft gives me about 8ft for plants + pot. Going to be using 65-100g

corky1968

Veteran
Taller is always better I think. :tiphat:

With higher ceilings the heat of the lights can easier be dissipated
away from the plants and you can always lower your lights down.

Grow some Christmas trees if you can. :woohoo:

BTW: What are you planning to grow?

F

fatalxerror

Taller is always better I think. :tiphat:

With higher ceilings the heat of the lights can easier be dissipated
away from the plants and you can always lower your lights down.

Grow some Christmas trees if you can. :woohoo:

Thanks for the reply. The total height at center will be nearly 20ft. I am just wondering if its too big? Is there such a thing? 30x60x12sidewall.

corky1968

Veteran
Never too high. I wish I could do something like this. :biggrin:

greenhousesupplighting.jpg

self

Thanks for the reply. The total height at center will be nearly 20ft. I am just wondering if its too big? Is there such a thing? 30x60x12sidewall.
I dont think you can really go too high. Im already worried I should have gone bigger on my 7' sidewall, 12' peak. besides it being easier to set up something without a lift, bigger is better

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Bewarned, Beautiful plants! I'm looking at a green house now with 14' sidewalls. I'm thinking may have the same issues you do anyway. It may buy me that final 3 weeks of flowering though. Peace

Limeygreen

Veteran
You guys could think about doing horizontal nets as well, then do big ass scrogs, this would eliminate your need for more head room, even though it does help to have more. I know it's more work but you also have the benefit of increased air flow, pulling leaves and pruning suckers or weak branches with a nice even canopy easy to pound posts into the ground to anchor everything to, well relatively easy anyways.

gr866

Veteran
Never too high. I wish I could do something like this. :biggrin:

View Image

You know as cool as that is, I would rather have a 6 to 8 lamp 1000W vertical grow, 6 to 8 plants per lamp in a 16 x 30 room. Lots of work I know but it's my hobby and I get the meds I need. With that much space I could make me enough Cannabis Oil to easily meet my needs. Plus as I do with any excess I grow for smoking, I give what ever I don't need to a Veteran group for PDSD hero's. Fucking government!

GR