What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

checking out new strains~

B

BAKED_BEANZ

this kind of started of as a headbanger thread , but its really more a test grow and pollen chuck of several strains . mostly bodhi and aficionado

for my f2 ,headbanger front and centre . think we also of the top of my head have bodhi choc trip f2, bodhi gorilla arm apollo 13 , aficionado black lime reserve, another karma headbanger.

though i have several spots i think over 25/30 males in total all selected as the better of the bunch

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

we are at 8 weeks now . just started throwing pistils so the action is going to start ramping up over the next couple months :)

now folks i,m NOT growing for large plants !!!!! . these are strains i,m growing to see what i like for next season and few pollen chucks as i go . all high end strains .over 30 strains in total it was over 12 mths of collecting and lots of help from friends getting them all .

lucky door prize whoever picks the 2 headbanger out :)
IMG_1081.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

larger plants are possible , as i said testing for what i,m growing next season . making my own beans along the way :)
IMG_1086.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rez sssdh and bodhi dragonsblood seedlings.larger plant at the back is Colombian d

IMG_1104_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

the greenhouse was bought as a big kit , i won't go into the length of time it took us to workout how everything went together and worked . it was overly complicated . it was an flat pac , second hand , guy never ended up installing . so it was a very reasonable price .:) . lucky it was still complete.

as luck would have it , a good friend had worked years before installing something similar . same principle but different bracing . same techquie .

Last edited:

Buddle

Veteran
Greenhouse looks great. Whats the tall plant in the back..in the sssdh and dragon blood pic? Karma has some nice gear for sure. I grew his Jack #22 x sssdh and it was good weed. I picked that strain with the intention of growing them in the swamp tubes..they did not disappoint..Is the Headbanger his?

Last edited by a moderator:

mack 10

Veteran
Sweet greenhouse. Live how you used the corragated sheets for pots.
They all look super healthytoo.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thanks mack 10

yeah i,m actually pulling the beds out next season , believe it or not the soil is crap in them . i,m also new to potted plants and realise i should have done things differently from the start . i,ve top dressed and put worm feeding stations/worms in them to improve them .

but i,m going 300/400 gallon smart pots with a super soil mix next season . growing some decent size plants will fun . i couldn't do that this year and possibly run all these strains i will be limited to 40 or so large plants . and if its only 40 there going to be tested strains :) may even be less yet , i don't want crowding

its a new gh so i,ve learnt a lot /which i was expecting and still got a lot to learn . and also choosing strains that perform was a must . and also making my beans for other adventures outside i do .

thanks for the replies guys

Last edited:

Mr.Miner

Looking awesome, all the best...I have a pack of these and am really curious about the taste, smell, and effect. Keep us posted and best of luck!

Scrappy-doo

Glad to see you got your own thread Pittymick, I'll tag along for the ride. Beautiful pics my man those plants are the definition of health and happiness. Love the setup too.:good:

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thanks scrappy , i,m happy with the gh , best thing i did was make it automated for temp, wind and rain . its almost alive set and forget . pretty cool when your in there the slightest drops of rain it starts closing up or starts blowing little hard . it was a handful for us install .

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

You mind going over your automation setup? Sounds cool.

Oh no where's the helpful post button? I love clicking that thing.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Taggin' up. So awesome you make seeds in an outdoor/semi-outdoor environment. Lot's and lot's of seeds!!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

ok looks like some interest , kool

@scrappy

ok basically the gh is set if it rains or the wind is too strong it closes itself up (otherwise the roof vent would end up down the valley if i was out and the wind picked up) . it also is set at 24 deg so anything bellow that its fully shut . it will constantly adjust to control that as a min temp (24) and fully opens once 24 deg is achieved . i know around 28 it optimal however airflow is also important ( though the gh in grow season stays fully open as the outside temp exceeds 24 deg ). it typically sits at 16/21 deg at night and 27/34 deg during the day . i have a weather station in there that i can read from my house .

but i havent even scratched the surface on what it does . its very complex . i learnt the basics for what i needed . it can also be controlled by humidity and also has a screen function which i would have loved to get , if i had of known . its actually a light screen that pulls across in middle of the day to keep the maximum temps down and keep a lot of the mid day heat out , still allows good light through . i,d like to add this when i revamp in a couple months. it will allow me to keep the temps right down in summer 5 deg its capable of i believe . be perfect as its in full sun sunrise to sunset

Last edited: