What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why Is Florida the Lamest State When It Comes To Marijuana?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Mostly due to the fact that it's Florida.

Don't rule out OK TX or really the entire south.

They kind of all suck for any cannabis enthusiast in more than one way.

Read your Bible and clutch your gun. Now turn on Fox News. You'll get it.

Floridian

Veteran
I'd rather clutch my bong when I kick back with Bill or Megan thank you.Please respond if you wish to opine.And don't be a diddler when responding here the word today is diddler

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Eat your grouper whew

Fried-Grouper-Sandwich.jpg

I've lived in Florida my whole life(32 years) and I love it! Sure the laws suck so just don't get caught. That being said I've been arrested 3 times for pot but all I ever got was probation. 2 of them were felonies but I got adjudication withheld so I'm not a "felon" and still have my rights. The reason it's still illegal is $$$$. Fines + court cost + probation= income for the state and county. Most recently I got caught with 5 different cool things at a music festival in Suwannee county. I thought I was totally fucked but all I got was 3 years probation, pay them their money and get off in half the time. I think Florida kicks ass!! Tons of outdoor stuff to do all year round. Florida summers are hot as balls but summer is hot everywhere. At least in Florida there are rivers, lakes, springs and beaches all over the place. Nothing better than jumping into a 72 degree spring when it's 94 out like it is right now. As far as the white trash and what not just avoid them and hangout with like minded ppl. Just watch all these growers that have fled out west to come running back home when the laws change. I could probably write an essay about how great Florida is. OLD Florida that is, fuck all the tourist bullshit

armedoldhippy

Veteran
View Image[/QUOTE

talk about having your mind blown! my parents used to take me to Florida when i was a kid, same week every summer. the Sea Breeze was IT, brother...wow! great pic, thanks for refreshing the memories.:woohoo: still got some post cards from there if i can find them in mom & dads old photo albums...:thank you:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I used to go every summer in the 1970's. It was loaded with ignorant, racist rednecks that were pissed off the North won the civil war. The KKK used to go door to door recruiting.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fla's great with the exception of the weed laws or should I say anti weed laws. I'll bet anyone here $1.00 ( 1 USD ), cash money too that medical passes in November and full legal in 2018. Betcha! :tiphat:

dddaver

Veteran
I'm not so sure about legal in 2 years. This mmj that's up in Nov. ain't that great. No grow, with only 5 legal grow ops. You know dispensaries are going to be a shit storm. Hugely expensive, limited strains, and not competitive at all.

I'm still voting yea. Breaking this southern block shit has to start somewhere. Called to get my absentee ballot sent just yesterday.

Coba

Veteran
I'm paraphrasing an old saying... northern money goes a lot further down here than it will up there.

People know that. I heard, before the housing bubble busted, that up to "80 families a day" were moving to Florida. somebody mentioned FL is a healthcare stronghold. perhaps because we have such a large demand, an aging population of northern pensioners who retire down here. I speculate that the healthcare/pharmaceutical stronghold is embedded in the state's policies. So much so, that gave rise to the "pill mill" phenomenon in S. FL.

Rick Scott signed a law that requires welfare recipients to get screened for illicit drug use, including cannabis. Guess who's labs won those contracts. hint, hint it was Rick Scott's.

politics are politics and Florida is a beautiful state to live in. especially if ones main, life driven concern is NOT pot.

I lived in the Carolina's once... it was too cold so I moved back home.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm not so sure about legal in 2 years. This mmj that's up in Nov. ain't that great. No grow, with only 5 legal grow ops. You know dispensaries are going to be a shit storm. Hugely expensive, limited strains, and not competitive at all.

I'm still voting yea. Breaking this southern block shit has to start somewhere. Called to get my absentee ballot sent just yesterday.

I vote 'yes' but stay :pirate:

Floridian

Veteran
Coba I hate that bald crooked bastard.Wasnt only south Fla getting caught up in the opiod madness west central had a dr. feel good on every corner.They put up signs on a lot of roads and once they have you,they want you to bring in more pitiful motherfuckers like my ex self

Betterhaff

Veteran
I'm not from Florida but got arrested there once. Not sure how many have experienced their penal system but...it's a machine. Got a good lawyer and got of light...seemed all they wanted was the money. Show me the money, Show me the money.

Don't get me wrong, had many good times there. Once when visiting never wore shoes for 3 weeks (and never used the car either, just the boat).