What's new

flowering early vs outside

B

BAKED_BEANZ

hi guys,

is it possible that plants in a greenhouse flower earlier than outdoors.
that is the case , several weeks ahead of outdoors.

same strain, planted same time.

first gh grow. so dialling in .fully automated roof and side vents.

only thing i can think is its holding more heat, may be plant stress? but health is tremendous and good vigour .

any ideas?

B

BAKED_BEANZ

no ideas,s guys? one suggestion is the plants aren't fighting the elements, so they can concentrate on doing there thing. going longer bloom next run more sativa base.

petert

Hard to answer cause you question is a little confusing..I'll give it a shot.

Unless they are auto-flowers MJ is photosensitive...I "suppose" there could be some variables with more consistent warmth maturing, soil temps etc...making the greenhouse plants more quickly..But in my mind that would only produce larger plants, and not flower earlier if indeed they are getting the same amount of direct sunlight each day.

Stress can cause flowering..But in that case you'd expect the plants outdoors in the elements to suffer more stress than greenhouse plants.

Maybe someone is sneeking into your greenhouse and popping light deep chambers over your plants?? ;)

B

BAKED_BEANZ

yep its got me.

prob 4 weeks ahead of the ones outside. not auto . looking at more sativa lines next time or start earlier. same light as outside. only more heat.

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
just to clarify- these are clone plants, not seedlings?

i've seen more rootbound plants in smaller pots trigger and finish earlier than the same clone in a larger pot right next to it. not by 4 weeks though.

same soil mix?

B

BAKED_BEANZ

nope, from seed. all same seed batch.

they are larger than outdoors with more structure. extremely healthy.i,m embracing it anyway kinda good. just would like the reasoning behind the early flower

Rainmaker

In my experience...cannabis has the ability to be pushed longer in a GH. My first notion is that the faster..more vigorous plants in the greenhouse have reached container capacity...thus forced them to flower faster and earlier...

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
What kind of GH?? Is it a hoop, or solid walled??
Our solid walled GH gets dark a good half hour before it is dark outside, from shadowing-- :tiphat:

browntrout

Veteran
Shadowing does play a big role, Landrace strains in countries like Nepal, Moracco or Colombia can be much earlier on one side of mountain to the other. Low lying area vs Higher area can change flowering times.

Different strains react to different light levels respectively.

BT

B

BAKED_BEANZ

33mtr x10mtr automated sliding sides and roof vents . full sun all day. mystery guys. i,m not complaining though i guess