What's new

Greenhouse soil disease methinks

theclearspot

So Ive had a Greenhouse for about 5 years and this year was growin a nice Sativa plant in the ground was doin really well then suddenly started to get yellow leaves then brown and eventually the entire plant shrivelled up and died, dont have photos sorry. i had a couple of other plants in pots which did fine in the greenhouse so im thinking it may be some soil disease? of course im no expert so it could be something else. there were also holes in the leaves(not all) so could be some insects or somethin but didnt see many spiders on the plant ( a couple yes ). what would be a good course of action here dudes ?

Bulldog420

Veteran
Did you water your plants the same amounts? I find when growing strait in the ground you need less water. Maybe over watering? Without pics it's really hard to tell.

theclearspot

Did you water your plants the same amounts? I find when growing strait in the ground you need less water. Maybe over watering? Without pics it's really hard to tell.

cheers bulldog. no not over waterin im kind of use to the waterin regime etc so i dont think its that....

Were these in the ground? Could have salt buildup or soil-resident pathogen (even ones that are not normally pathogenic, just opportunistic) load buildup in the same medium over 5 years.

jackel

I would suspect fusarium wilt. Or verticillium. I have it in my soil and been battling it 2 yrs. have lost lots to it. I'm going to place black plastic down and put large smartpots with fresh soil on top.