What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Disposing Huge amount of coco

Granger2

Veteran
1 metric fuck ton=50 Cu. Yd.

Definitely re-use a la Joint Operation.

I would certainly not advertise or start some kind of attention drawing business selling it or anything of the kind. You'll just need a dumpster or hire one guy with a small dump truck. You'll need to rent a loader. You may be able to rent the truck. If you haul it yourself [about 10 loads] you'll need to figure out where it's going. Good luck. -granger

Gry

I have been using the same coco for about 4 years now. I add about 1/3 to the volume each year.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Depending on where you live, if there are greenhouses around that use coco coir for their medium, there is likely someone who will recycle it. Weather or not you need to pay to recycle it is a different story. They have been known to take the coco, blend it with fertilizer for lawns and add grass seed now you have a much easier to grow grass.

If you have a bio fuel boiler or know someone with it, it makes awesome fuel instead of wood, burns hotter and longer than the wood chips.

N

noyd666

put it on your garden the weeds love it. and every thing else. my cat loves sleeping in it = warm.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Tbh if your growing on that scale its not very efficient to use coco. You would be spending so much on it that you would be better off with another medium. Plus repotting isnt exactly fast using coco.