What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1872 sq ft Test Green House

more pics and info

more pics and info

Here are a few more pics and some info.

I've run this once before and had a pretty good level of success. This time it's going to be a mix of ACT during veg and Cultured Solutions during flower.

All the babies were transplanted a day ago or so.

What frame did you go with?
FarmTek Gothic Arch 26'x72'

What was the install like?
It was the first one I'd ever built so it took some time. Their directions are garbage. Also the lights they sell don't consume the ammount of amps they say they should. I started construction around end January last year and finished around 1st of April. That's with water/200 amps/propane run to the building.

Ickis

Veteran
Do you only use the lights when the sun starts to set? If not why not just grow in a building?

Even though I am a bit puzzled by this set up it is a very professional looking set-up.

Do you only use the lights when the sun starts to set? If not why not just grow in a building?

Even though I am a bit puzzled by this set up it is a very professional looking set-up.

Seriously? How did you get all that rep and ask questions that Basic?

Hello Ickis,

Right now during veg I run the lights from 2am-9am. This is to extend the day and also the augment the weak morning sun from 7am-9am.

The lights also get run if it's snowing, raining, overcast etc. Sun on a good day is 1000w/sq meter and on a bad day it might be 100w/sq meter.

As luck would have it the daylight here will be just about 12hours long as I go into flower. However I will still be blacking out the building.

Rising Moon

Awesome set-up.

I am supposed to start building something very similar to this soon, or like yesterday...

What are your nighttime temps like inside there?

What strains are you running?

Awesome set-up.

I am supposed to start building something very similar to this soon, or like yesterday...
Very cool, I wish you the best of luck with it. :)

What are your nighttime temps like inside there?
I have a 200K BTU propane Modine heater that keeps it at 72 at night. Night time temps outside here are around 35-50 right now I'd say.

What strains are you running?
Some Pot of Gold, Some Super Blue Dream but mostly Cadillac Purple

juuri

Awsome StressCase!

Like Ickis said very professional looking and clean set-up!
I'll keep my eye on this beautiful grow!

Best of luck!

HUGE

Veteran
How do you go about "blacking out" the building? I was looking at some sweet setups similar to yours but was unsure how they were creating 12/12 on long summer days?

How do you go about "blacking out" the building? I was looking at some sweet setups similar to yours but was unsure how they were creating 12/12 on long summer days?

Last time we literally just yanked a 100ftx50ft piece of heavy duty panda paper over it. This was an awful idea in retrospect...

This time we're taking pieces of steel tube and bending them into a shape like a question mark with the head cut off. These will then be attached to the end wall of the greenhouse such that the top sticks up about a foot above the top point of the GH. We will then run two cables per bracket under tension from end to end and hang curtains on either side.

I'll include pics once we're done building it.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
the plants look pretty small for that size bag, do they really fill out that much? we only use 30 gallon bags but transplant em when they are about 3 feet or so. but we veg. inside and they go straight into 12 hours

the plants look pretty small for that size bag, do they really fill out that much? we only use 30 gallon bags but transplant em when they are about 3 feet or so. but we veg. inside and they go straight into 12 hours

These are the smallest plants I've run in there. I think with 1 month of veg (Veg is supposed to end March 21) time they should be about at the edges of the 100gal pots. At that point I'll probably flip them and hope for them to double in size during flower.

Last time I ran 50x45gallon pots on either side and 25x65gallon pots in the center. So I have roughly double the soil this time.