What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SB 374 Will prevent Nevadans from growing their own!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We can pretty much make sure no dispensary opens. Let's just fuck it up over, and over, and over again until they just cant be open. Just like how the Hawaiian locals deal with haoles opening up businesses in Maui. They just fuck their shit up till they cant afford to stay open. No dispensary open, no law against growing your own medicine problem solved. sucks to be that way, but what other choice are we left with? Not to mention there is already like ten dispensaries in Vegas. Are they getting shut down because they dont have the new bull shit? This whole thing is stupid anyways.

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
any dispos in Vegas currently active are illegal under state law anyways and why metro shuts them down every so often

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
We can pretty much make sure no dispensary opens. Let's just fuck it up over, and over, and over again until they just cant be open. Just like how the Hawaiian locals deal with haoles opening up businesses in Maui. They just fuck their shit up till they cant afford to stay open. No dispensary open, no law against growing your own medicine problem solved. sucks to be that way, but what other choice are we left with? Not to mention there is already like ten dispensaries in Vegas. Are they getting shut down because they dont have the new bull shit? This whole thing is stupid anyways.

Well put, they wont have a chance in my town.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
The bill states that if you can't go to your local dispensary you can continue to grow. guess the first day the one in my small town opens, I'll go in, raise a little hell, and get 86'd from it. Problem solved, lol

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^well if you just simply cant afford to buy then you can grow your own. they didnt say your reason couldn't be financial.

resinryder

Veteran
They say that if you or your caregiver can't make it to the dispensary you can grow. I'm sure you'd need a doctor to back that up. They have it pretty much cut and dry in favor of the dispensary system.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^man, that bill sucks. there is no way my previous plan would even work. We would all just get shot in this state. This is not a state where you can fuck with people's shit. We have to think of a viable way to deal with this.

resinryder

Veteran
Rocked propelled grenades would work. Can use them from a distance, guarenteed business killer, and get you point across. good if you can find them.

Barn Owl

I lived in Nevada for ten years. The police were predators and don't help people with medical pot recs. Perhaps it is different in other parts than where I lived, but getting a medical in Nevada is self destructive and you were a fool to do it under the existing non functional legal conditions. Nevada has the most corrupt politicians and morally bankrupt law makers which is why their economy is going to hell. (and they get what they deserve). Their med laws now are entrapment. You are allowed to have three plants in flower but I was told that you will get busted for having more than an OZ, even with a medical. I was also told that if you grow more than an OZ, you need to get rid of it! How fucking stupid is that?

So now they will still come after you if you grow it? That is not a helpful medical law. It is giving the wealth to certian people and screws those of us who are sick Nevada is run by dipshits. Pot dispensaries are overpriced in California, but at least I can grow it here without too much hassle. Fuck you, Nevada

Anteah

Just got this from an assemblywoman Heidi Swank:

"Dear Mrs. A –

Thank you very much for your email concerning SB 374.* I checked with our research staff who are working on this bill and shared your questions with them.* You will be happy to hear that the issues that you raised in your email did not arise in the course of the bill’s writing and hearing discussion and that they would take your issues to the bill’s sponsors for consideration.* She felt that they were important points to be raised and considered as they work through the final versions of the bill.* There is hope yet.

As soon as I hear back from our research staff, I will bring you up to date on the status of the bill as relates to your suggestions.* Again, thank you for taking your right to participate in our legislative process to this important level, and I look forward to ..."

Soo... hmm. I dont know that it will do anything in the very end, but since they sort of starting to pay attention to this matter now more than ever I think it is a great tome to write and show that many of us think this way.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lived in Nevada for ten years. The police were predators and don't help people with medical pot recs. Perhaps it is different in other parts than where I lived, but getting a medical in Nevada is self destructive and you were a fool to do it under the existing non functional legal conditions. Nevada has the most corrupt politicians and morally bankrupt law makers which is why their economy is going to hell. (and they get what they deserve). Their med laws now are entrapment. You are allowed to have three plants in flower but I was told that you will get busted for having more than an OZ, even with a medical. I was also told that if you grow more than an OZ, you need to get rid of it! How fucking stupid is that?

So now they will still come after you if you grow it? That is not a helpful medical law. It is giving the wealth to certian people and screws those of us who are sick Nevada is run by dipshits. Pot dispensaries are overpriced in California, but at least I can grow it here without too much hassle. Fuck you, Nevada

It's the "mind your own business" state. dont fuck with the cops, dont fuck with your neighbors, and keep your mouth shut and you will be ok most of the time.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
{It's the "mind your own business" state. dont fuck with the cops, dont fuck with your neighbors, and keep your mouth shut and you will be ok most of the time.}
pretty much sums it up HZ

I've lived here most of my life 67-70 back in 75-79 back in 1983 and haven't left
I remember when 1/4zip was felony could and would fetch 10 yr
I remember when if they found a seed you were charged and pray they wouldn't grow it out and charge ya there also lol.

times have changed alot
don't bring attention to what you do
don't smoke while driving
all ways wave to neighbors be friendly but not overly
be low profile and under the radar :tiphat:

MIway

Veteran
Hash, rr, maj... U know u guys are at the front of the line right? 3yr residency and a shit ton of money would want to come in. Even if u dont have bank up front, a lot of folks will be knocking on the door to chat it up. Whether or not u r just a paper front with a buy out clause, or take it on yourselves, shit guys...no different than co/wa, except it is even more extreme. most of the are sons of bitches that will glad hand u and look for the first op to ass fuck u with extreme prejudice, but uv got a window guys. Make the most/best of it, assuming it pans out. much better having a few good ones in there than the lawyer fueled biz fuckers. Speaking of which, get a loyal guy that isnt playing in the game...those fucker will sell ur ass out to whomever pays more, even tho they have ur thousands in retainer, the truth. Lawyers that play and market to the biz are soulless fuckers, most of em at least.

Do it up guys... Would much rather c u guys running shit vs any of the other ones.

HUGE

Veteran
What a fucking screw job the ammendment is. What's sad is the only place I've seen any info at all about this whole bill is here on icmag. No one locally is aware or talking about it as far as I can tell.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Good ole nevada keep ur mouth shut, smile an wave to ur neighbor cops,an mind ur biz walkin down the block with ur wheel barrel fur ur ballz.

HUGE

Veteran
Section 11.4 says they can only accept aplications for 10 days each year. I'm guessing we all won't be getting a noytice as to when those 10 days will be.