What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ron Paul 2012!!!

D

dramamine

Of course they have the right to wear the uniform. ('The right' being something i did not contest). You have the 'right' to free speech, but if youre distubing everyone in a theater, your 'right' is superceeded.

In times like these, when it has become business as usual for the US to have multiple undeclared wars, when war is a foregone conclusion, it is completely valid and succinct for members of the military to show that they support a candidate who is not on the war wagon. Don't you realize what statement is being made by that?

Perhaps you're too jaded to realize that members of the military can and should be as 'peace loving' as anyone. It's odd that you don't see that. I really don't see how it should "disturb" anyone, as you say.

"Like im suppose to know where the 'bat shit crazy' stops with the Ron Pauliacs."

"Medicare being socialized medicine, these people are fucking morons.
Like many RP supporters..."

Not trolling?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
ShroomDr, If, they are vetrans who have fought for this country & my FREEDOM..they have every right to where that uniform .. any where & any place they would like..my feelings on that subject!

You don't see the whole militant dove thingy as paradoxical?

I find nothing Dr. Ron Paul is doing to be underhanded..Ron Paul people are in fact following the GOP's own rules! Even when the GOP is not following their own rules! Do you not find that strange? monkey5

No stranger than parents running onto the little-league field and taking on the umpires. Sarcasm off - that's pretty strange.

Are you familiar with Ron's '88 Libertarian party strategy to win the presidential election? Poor guy attempted to divide his own party (sound familiar?) and circled the wagons, as if they had to be pure to take on the general electorate. See the problem? As the pool gets larger, ideas diverge more than come together. Vilifying members of his own base was seen as a power hungry fella who doesn't know how to coalesce. They ran him out after the election.

That was little over a year after Paul dissed the Republican party and returned his membership, stating Ronald Reagan was no different than any other spendthrift politician.

So now we have Paulies running around in fatigues telling us to get out of wars, supporting a fella who's broke from or attempted to break every coalition he's attempted to work with. Not a stretch to suggest he's right of Republicans and Libertarians but the whole dove aspect is just odd.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
we suck for longing for truth and justice? voicing our hopes about the one man who makes sense?

Read the next sentence. It asks, "Who's saying that?"

:chin:

well if PT Barnum is right, Dr. Paul will have plenty of support.
:tumbleweed: That "A fool is born every minute" comment?

since our 'democracy' (really a republic) decides the winner by electoral votes and not by voting (sorry you guys), Dr. Paul is free to use that electoral college in the same way obummer did. nefarious huh?
:chin: :tumbleweed: Obama didn't use the same tactics that Paul's using. What exactly is "same way"?

can you imagine if the media leveled the playing field by providing the good doctor with the exposure he deserves?
That one's getting old.

he served his country, he served his profession, he is serving America as a senator, and he would like to serve as president.
Ron Paul isn't a senator!:hotbounce: gawd dayum

Paul's a Texas district rep that includes Galveston, Texas. Texas has 32 representatives in Washington and the House comprises 435 district reps total. There are two senators from the state of Texas and the US Senate comprises 100 senators.

he has a firm grasp of our problems and offers solutions...

That Sucks?

and btw, what kind of discourse is name calling and derision?
The "Who's saying that?" comment suggests you're making it up.

T

trem0lo

Are you familiar with Ron's '88 Libertarian party strategy to win the presidential election? Poor guy attempted to divide his own party (sound familiar?) and circled the wagons, as if they had to be pure to take on the general electorate. See the problem? As the pool gets larger, ideas diverge more than come together. Vilifying members of his own base was seen as a power hungry fella who doesn't know how to coalesce. They ran him out after the election.

Ron Paul doesn't sacrifice his principles to form coalitions, nor does he care about parties other than to spread his message. If he wins, it will be on his own terms. That could be interpreted as aliening parts of the party, but most of his supporters see it as a sign of integrity.

He's been speaking out against the Federal Reserve, the immoral fractional reserve banking system, the military industrial complex, the welfare state, and increasing globalization for twenty some years. And it is all based on the foundation of freedom and personal liberty. Have you read his books? End the Fed? A Foreign Policy of Freedom? If you all haven't, you should. It all ties together. He stabs at the heart of the political Establishment and the money masters. That is why they hate him. That is why the mainstream media, controlled by this same money, paint him as a loon, a kook and an insurgent. Do not be fooled when you read these things. He is an honest, humble family man who cares deeply about this country.

Would you be brave enough to go up against that kind of money and power? I bet not. They have attempted to corrupt him many times. He never gives in. He's as anti-politician as anyone I've ever seen. He is not power-hungry. He does not care about winning as much as he cares about the direction the country is headed in. Nixon taking the dollar off the gold standard is what inspired him to run for office in the first place. Look at where our currency is now, and tell me he was wrong to do so.

The goal is not to win the presidency (although that would be nice, and we work toward that end) but it is much bigger. The grassroots movement that has built up around him, he did not create it, and it will continue after he is gone. It is an educational campaign in many ways.

Obama is Romney. Romney is Obama. The same puppet masters pull the strings. If you don't get that, you haven't dug deep enough. Once the veil is lifted, there is no going back. You see everything, especially mainstream media, in a totally different light.

George Washington said, "Liberty, when it begins to root, is a plant of rapid growth." We are witnessing a rebirth of liberty in this country. It is a basic human desire to be free. Ron Paul is simply the timely catalyst.

Sorry to get a bit preachy but so many people don't really understand what this is all about.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Ron Paul doesn't sacrifice his principles to form coalitions, nor does he care about parties other than to spread his message. If he wins, it will be on his own terms. That could be interpreted as aliening parts of the party, but most of his supporters see it as a sign of integrity.

The base is Paul's coalition. It's just not enough votes to win the presidency. Paul's made repeated public assurances he wouldn't fracture the Republican party but appears ready to do exactly that.

He's been speaking out against the Federal Reserve, the immoral fractional reserve banking system, the military industrial complex, the welfare state, and increasing globalization for twenty some years. And it is all based on the foundation of freedom and personal liberty.
Thanks, been listening to Paul for decades and I'm quite familiar with the stump.

Have you read his books?
No. Paul doesn't detail his would-be practical applications as president. It's all fundamental philosophy because Ron can't reference history and say, "see how well this worked" because it only worked demographically and Paul wants that kind of setup. More opportunity for the folks Paul sees as deserving and less opportunity for everybody else.

End the Fed?
If he wants to end the Fed enough to write a book with big, red capital letters on the cover, why does he want to audit it?

Because the message, "audit the fed" isn't hard core enough for the "end the fed" crowd. "End the fed" is too radical for the rest of us so "audit the fed" attempts to walk back. Same paradox he got himself into with the newsletters. The extreme crowd is more benevolent and motivated but the rest of em said no thanks to the intolerance.

A Foreign Policy of Freedom? If you all haven't, you should. It all ties together. He stabs at the heart of the political Establishment and the money masters. That is why they hate him. That is why the mainstream media, controlled by this same money, paint him as a loon, a kook and an insurgent. Do not be fooled when you read these things. He is an honest, humble family man who cares deeply about this country.
I get it. You listen through media but I'm listening to it. I listen to Ron himself and find he doesn't tie it all together.

Ron doesn't say, "here's how my pre 20th-century formula doesn't get us into the same scrapes." Ron's not concerned with scrapes, he's already arrived.

Ron needs to take a break on the philosophy and model his applications. But then we'd see the scrapes his philosophy doesn't address.

Would you be brave enough to go up against that kind of money and power? I bet not.
Your post reads like romance more so than economics.

They have attempted to corrupt him many times. He never gives in. He's as anti-politician as anyone I've ever seen. He is not power-hungry. He does not care about winning as much as he cares about the direction the country is headed in. Nixon taking the dollar off the gold standard is what inspired him to run for office in the first place. Look at where our currency is now, and tell me he was wrong to do so.

The goal is not to win the presidency (although that would be nice, and we work toward that end) but it is much bigger. The grassroots movement that has built up around him, he did not create it, and it will continue after he is gone. It is an educational campaign in many ways.

Obama is Romney. Romney is Obama. The same puppet masters pull the strings. If you don't get that, you haven't dug deep enough. Once the veil is lifted, there is no going back. You see everything, especially mainstream media, in a totally different light.

George Washington said, "Liberty, when it begins to root, is a plant of rapid growth." We are witnessing a rebirth of liberty in this country. It is a basic human desire to be free. Ron Paul is simply the timely catalyst.

Sorry to get a bit preachy but so many people don't really understand what this is all about.
Many of us understand all to well. Ron's not the best messenger.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
could have been a good thread...
it was not meant to be a debate. but some folks just cant help themselves.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
don't even see why this keeps happening

HE WILL NEVER WIN

he has the support of neither party really, the Republicans just use him as "That guy again". He is a great guy with some solid points, but whatever, he is basically a third party guy, and when in the history of the modern US of A has a 3rd party candidate gotten any real percentage of the vote.

My vote is for Nor Cal, from the Bay up to the Canadian border to become Cascadia. Our own country where the green rolls free and the only smog is is vapor.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Attention all TROLLS, I would like to redirect you to the ORIGINAL POST for a re-read.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=237949

If you're not into following links, here's the post for you to review. Pay attention to the text in bold. The purpose of this thread is clearly stated. If you're not into it, start a new thread, and you can troll it all you want.

CannaBunkerMan said:
Why would the mods shut down the Ron Paul thread? Especially now that things are starting to get interesting. This is where I came to share the information that the media has been blacking out since the beginning. Except for a few "no-information debbie downers", I thought the closed thread was a wealth of information.

Instead of a focus on why or why not you support him, why not focus more on sharing links and information that the main-stream media has been denying us?

I need my RP fix!

Thanks!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
best bullshit EVER?!?!?

"have you read his books"?
"no. i know what they say".

fuck me!!!!

Fuck you? You're fucking Ron. Here's your big opportunity to reflect all the practical application Ron envisions. Instead, all you have is personal bickering, your own words in quotations and very little else.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Some folks have the goal of getting these threads closed.
They bait and provoke with the same tired regurgatations then report the desired emotional response.
The thread will only survive by ignoring.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Serial contrarians, that's all they are. Thinking they are some sort of intellectual juggernaut just because they can make a mindless counterpoint.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Some folks have the goal of getting these threads closed.
They bait and provoke with the same tired regurgatations then report the desired emotional response.
The thread will only survive by ignoring.

Try being a bet less sensitive. We're talking about a potential president, not a stuffed toy.

bentom187

Veteran
i think he's saying its up to us but he'll help.lucky their is a revolution despit being designated small.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/

SYNOPSIS:

America is the greatest nation in human history. Our respect for individual liberty, free markets, and limited constitutional government produced the strongest, most prosperous country in the world. But, we have drifted far from our founding principles, and America is in crisis. Ron Paul’s “Restore America” plan slams on the brakes and puts America on a return to constitutional government. It is bold but achievable. Through the bully pulpit of the presidency, the power of the Veto, and, most importantly, the united voice of freedom-loving Americans, we can implement fundamental reforms.

heres a list of liberty cannidates sopeople can help get things going.

List updated on May 10, 2012.

US House
----------------------------------
California
Primary: Jun 05, 2012

Gary Clift (R) CA-3
John Dennis (R) CA-8 - (purity: ★★★★★)
Jenny Worman (R) CA-28 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Colorado
Primary: Jun 26, 2012

Tisha Casida (I) CO-3 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Florida
Primary: Aug 14, 2012

Calen Fretts (L) FL-1
Marcus Rivchin (R) FL-18

Georgia
Primary: July 31, 2012

Tom Graves (R-incumbent) GA-9 - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
Paul Broun (R-incumbent) GA-10 - (purity: ★★★☆☆)

Idaho
Primary: May 15, 2012

Rob Oates (L) ID-1 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Indiana
Primary: May 08, 2012

Kristi Risk (R) IN-8 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Kentucky
Primary: May 22, 2012

Thomas Massie (R) KY-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)
Patrick Kelly (R) KY-6 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Maryland
Primary: April 3, 2012

Peter James (R) MD-6
Gus Alzona (R) MD-8

Michigan
Primary: Aug 07, 2012

Justin Amash (R-incumbent) MI-3 - (purity: ★★★★★)
Kerry Bentivolio (R) MI-11

Missouri

Jason Greene (R) MO-5
Mike Moon (R) MO-7
Bob Parker (R) MO-8

New York
Primary: June 26, 2012

Dan O'Connor (D) NY-7 - (purity: ★★★★★)
Robert Spencer (R) NY-25

North Carolina
Primary: May 8, 2012

Walter Jones (R-incumbent) NC-3 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

North Dakota
Primary: June 12, 2012

Eric Olson (L)

Ohio
Primary: March 6, 2012

Richard Ehrbar (L) OH-3
Bill Yarbrough (R) OH-12

Oregon

Art Robinson (R) OR-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Pennsylvania
Primary: Apr 24, 2012

Mike Koffenberger (L) PA-4
Evan Feinberg (R) PA-18

Texas
Primary: May 29, 201

Patrick Hisel (L) TX-12 - (purity: ★★★★★)
George Harper (R) TX-14 - (purity: ★★★★★)
Sheriff Richard Mack (R) TX-21 - (purity: ★★★★★)
Steve Susman (L) TX-22
Wes Riddle (R) TX-25
Bill Tofte (R) TX-34
Michael Cole (L) TX-36
Steve Stockman (R) TX-36

Utah
Convention (No Primary in these races): April 21, 2012

Jacqueline Smith (R) UT-1 - (purity: ★★★★☆)
Jason Chaffetz (R-incumbent) UT-3 - (purity: ★★★★☆)
Carl Wimmer (R) UT-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Virginia
Primary: June 12, 2012

Karen Kwiatowski (R) VA-6 - (purity: ★★★★★)
Floyd Bayne (R) VA-7
Ken Vaughn (R) VA-11

Washington

US Senate
-------------------------------------
Arizona
Primary: Aug 28, 2012

Jeff Flake (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

California
Primary: Jun 05, 2012

Rick Williams (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Florida

Dan Stojadinovic (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)
Connie Mack (R)

Indiana
Primary: May 08, 2012

Richard Mourdock (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
Andrew Horning (L)

Maryland
Primary: Apr 03, 2012

Daniel Bongino (R)

Michigan

Scotty Boman (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)
Clark Durant (R)

Minnesota

Kurt Bills (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Missouri

Sarah Steelman (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
John Brunner (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)

Nebraska

Don Stenberg (R)

Pennsylvania
Primary: Apr 24, 2012

Marc Scaringi (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)
Sam Rohrer (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Rhode Island
Primary: Sep 11, 2012

Barry Hinckley (R)

Tennessee
Primary: Aug 02, 2012

Zack Poskevich (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Texas
Primary: May 29, 2012

Ted Cruz (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆) Odds: Good chance.
Glenn Addison (R) - (purity: ★★★★★) Odds: Longshot.

Virginia
Primary: Jun 12, 2012

Bob Marshall (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Wisconsin

Mark Neumann (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Green Purity indicates endorsement by Ron Paul.
Lined-out candidates have dropped out or been eliminated.

Check out http://libertycandidates.com/ for more Liberty Candidate endorsements!

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Jacqueline Smith (R) UT-1 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

She was good in Charlie's Angles, didn't know she went into politics...

Latest posts

Latest posts