What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrnCow

Anybody see the reaction to Obama's personal acceptance of gay marriage? Advocates breathed a sigh of relief but detractors raised hell and Ed Henry will ask his burning question ten different ways at the press conference. Obama won't get short until it's apparent that Ed's insistence his questions aren't being answered are impinging on others' time.

If Obama gets short with Ed prematurely, Ed will ask the same questions for days on end. Ed's a prick but bearing even intense scrutiny is a requirement of the presidency.

If Ron wins the primary, some of his past scrutiny will be world-class. The early primary wasn't the time to hope that as few words possible would get the lid back on the newsletter jar. Stiff neck hair and wrinkled brow might have intimidated Dana Bash but Ron will realize he'll have to take it out, dust it off and deal with it before looking like he's squirming to change the subject. Otherwise he'll get the Ed treatment before he wins the election.

If he can bear the scrutiny of the newsletters while offering a plausible explanation, the rest of the general will be a smoother ride. It'll also show the guy can think and act even when he's simmering in broth like Obama does on a regular basis. I bet Obama's been grilled more than Indonesian dog.

Another thing that might be good to keep in mind - electing a black president exposed more of our collective, red neck. Where the office of the presidency used to be respected, it's now personalized according to who sits in the chair. Try not to take it personally when folks (including those who know less than what they're talking about) appear to disrespect the office itself along with the man.

Obama will say anything to get re - elected but he is also a proven liar. If his lips are moving, he is likely lying!

itisme

Veteran
Obama will say anything to get re - elected but he is also a proven liar. If his lips are moving, he is likely lying!

He lies so much.....they need to come up with a new word for it, as that is all he does! Wnen he tells the truth for the first time,. I'll crap a brick.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
yup, when people lie to us on the news, its best to take the initiative and gather emperical evidence rather than continue to count on the lies.

Why would Paul complain of no media coverage from a bunch of liars?

What's empirical about anticipating the mathematical plausibility(?) of long odds?

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran

Considering his support of gay marriage will likely cost him more votes than it will gain him, I don't think he saying that to get re-elected...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Jesus fucking Christ we get it already.
You like the status quo.
You like the corporatist fatcat candidates.

You'd like the non-dairy style creamer in your coffee. It's takes the hard edge off caffine.

Why turbo post your drivel in this thread?
I don't know, maybe I wanted to see you play thread police? Maybe there's a uneeforrrrm in it for ya.

Are you that goddamn lonely?
Buy a goddamn dog man.
I've got a dog. He knows the square peg wont go through the round hole.

Question for the whole damn website....

Is there anyone here unaware that disco prefers obama?
No?
You're just upset that I blew your latest round of absurd re-contextualization (and your purple crayon) out of the bathtub.

Ok then DB you have spread your birther style bullshit.
Oooh, birther style bullshit!:D Is that better than yer average, every day bullshit?

Let's ask Ron.

On second thought, let's tell Ron to just flip flop the birther baloney on top of the newsletters. Even better, he could fry the baloney and add some sizzle to his bullshizle.

Other than "democrat good republican bad" got anything to contribute?
Yes. I've ignored scores of your numerous bullshit posts. You know, bullshit-style bullshit? The above quote's a excellent example. More than anything else, I've (rather politely) inquired why, by all practical appearances, a long shot is elevated to empirical. Maybe we'll have to notate "the empirical president of the united states, including/excluding(?) the lying media."

I know its all bush's fault blah blah blah but seriously ffs
Movies have a screenplay but the viewer typically doesn't see it. Theater has a script. Like the screenplay, the script is the actor's verbatim instructions. Theater patrons don't typically get a script but they get enough in the playbill to know when actors take personal liberties with the text.

itisme

Veteran
If you think DISCO should start a OBAMA trhread..... Like this post.

He posts 5 a page and states NOTHING!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
He lies so much.....they need to come up with a new word for it, as that is all he does!

I get it.

dag's had it with others Obamming the empirical thread.

Meme strikes at the low hanging worm. Hook, line and sinker.

By all appearances, the dag is prophetic. I sense a budding self-confidence in such....

Wait a minute, dag got the cast of characters wrong. No biggie, minor details like facts never stalled the freight train of emotion. Unfortunately, that degree of creative license renders prophetic pathetic.

Wnen he tells the truth for the first time,. I'll crap a brick.
Thick As A Brick - now that's what I call prophetic. You even take care of the timing so it flows like a river.

Watch out, it'll prolapse your colon and you'll walk funny forever. Just be sure you shit before 2014. That way you can get your colon stitched back together and reinserted in your bowel for free. You can still pretend you're all self-sufficient and yadi booboo.

bentom187

Veteran
Why would Paul complain of no media coverage from a bunch of liars?

What's empirical about anticipating the mathematical plausibility(?) of long odds?

what other outlet do people pay attention to more ?

im not anticipating i activley look and reporting on what i find,to give everyone here a general idea of whats going on because there is no reliable data in the end,because we dont know what could happen in tampa people make up their own minds,espeacially if it goes to a second vote.

I don't understand what you're saying but I'll demonstrate my point. If Ron has what, 250? delegates and there's 898 left, that's 1148. (Not attempting to be exact,) I'm suggesting a sweep is the steepest odds on the board. Check Intrade, they post Vegas odds. .
what i was doing was throwing the remaining 13 states on the map into 1 deligate count for paul like you suggested,then compared them to romney's count.

Krugman wha? I know Ron has lots o books. He says lots of things. Sooner or later it would help if he attempted to narrow the discrepancies and detail some of the more extreme positions. .
i was talking about krug,he stated on his blog he lost and debates dont matter cause he has lots of books with facts.

That might be a daunting list. Ever throw it up against Romney's for comparison? You know, just curiosity. .

mitt romney
women for mitt
blacks for mitt 2012 (thats what it says)
dc students for mitt
manhattan for mitt
young americans for mitt romney

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
If you think DISCO should start a OBAMA trhread..... Like this post.

He posts 5 a page and states NOTHING!

Without a few opposing viewpoints, this thread would just be like a teenage girl's bedroom wall.
" ooooh Ronnie, he's so (politically) dreamy!!!!!!!!"

Let's have lots more posts where the whole content is a picture of Ron Paul in some historic patriotic setting, or maybe a photo of a "Paul 2012" bumper stickers. Or, closer to home, maybe just lots of random rants about things you don't like about the government....

You know, things that state NOTHING!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts