What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kayla needs some comfort.......

zenoonez

Veteran
Good to hear that her quality of life has come back. It is always hard to watch a family member suffer like that so I am glad you have a little more time with her. Just remember that she is on borrowed time and that when she starts feeling poorly again it will be time to address your options and her well being. Good luck, as happy as I am for you, it is hard because I know the decision coming well.

Peace,
Z

S

Smoke Buddy

So sorry bro. I am praying for you and Kayla. It's quite alright to feel like she is a member of the family... because she is. Its quite alright to feel every bit as broken up about your dog as for a human being because they are little souls who are dependent upon us just like a child is dependent on us. They deserve the love they get. I am with you in spirit as I know what it is to have a special dog that really gives it all, to you. Hang in there bro! Im sure Kayla sees that you are doing everything you can to help her.

peace :rasta:

hiker

Glad to hear Kayla is a little better. Here is a suggestion to help her a little. During the last weeks of my first dogs life I took my matteress off the frame, so he could still sleep on the bed without having to climb, which was very hard at the time. Its not much, but anything to make them a little more comfortable helps. Hope you are hanging in there too.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

a friend stopped by this morning, this is my girl's favorite human, they go ballistic whenever he stops by because I wind them up a few minutes in advance of his arrival. today I knew he was stopping but I kept quiet, when he rung the bell I spoke his name & watched Kayla jump off the bed and bound the entire 50 feet to the door as I figured she would, full tilt boogie.

Picture3561.jpg

Alice ~~~~ Hank ~~~~ Kayla

She's got a little time left, how much will be up to luck & medications. Again I'm not the kind of guy to watch a dog suffer; Kayla's a little softie at heart as described above a very gentle temperament, she cannot withstand pain at all & just as soon as I see that she's in a bad way I'll be able to let her go.

right now we're happy with the comfort that she's found, she feels a bit better and thankfully so do I.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the pic above is an old one, here's Kayla
resting tonight after a meal of her favorite
blend Purina One kibble, some chopped beef,
soft scrambled egg & some parmesan cheese.

HPIM3086.jpg

like so many other dogs Kayla loves to frisk
around in fresh snow and today/tonight we
got some, tomorrow I'll take a few more pics.

E

Encore

Stoner4Life - I can clearly see how much you love your puppers. No worries..
Glad to hear Kayla is feeling better.. Truly happy for you & yours..

Peace Out & Happy Holidays!!

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
giver her a nice hug from us Stoner, and I wish you both much strength when she's ready to go.... try to keep in mind how much joy she has brought to your life, and you to hers.

I hope you enjoy every one of your last days Kayla, may you have no pain and feel much love from the pack, as I'm sure you will.

-Chimera

T

The Dankness

s4l..........wow bro I am sorry for the pain and suffering Kayla and you have to endure.She is a beautiful girl and I know she loves you very much and she knows you love her very much.Be strong man.and be strong Kayla......T.D.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
too much snow to be frisking in, when they step off the deck they're 18" deep, up over Kaylas back.......

everything's buried here, I've been holding out on my last glass of milk for 36 hours now, might split it between the dogs as a treat instead. they like a couple of ounces of milk on top of a bowl of kibble.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Hey bro,

This is sad news. She's had a rough year, but looks very good after all the tender loving care you've shown her. I know how much you love your dogs man. So sorry to hear about what's ahead for you and Alice. I'm sure Alice will feel her loss too. 14 years was a good run though. I've never had a dog make it that long. Our current dog is 8 and that's the longest. They really become an extension of yourself. Our better halves so to speak. If only humans could love so unconditionally and live life with such pure joy. Imagine the world we'd live in. Give Kayla a big ol' hug from me.

crazy+dogs.jpeg

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thnx bro, right now I'm broiling up a sirloin steak for her. I know that normally a nice chunk of meat is better raw for a dog but in this case I'm just mimicking the 'getting scraps from my plate' situation that they love so much.......

mr cheese

you have my deepest most sincere well wishes my friend.. i sometimes love my bruno (4 yr old staff) more than my family members, infact all the time! lol...truely a mans best friend....never has a truer word been said! ... hope she lives out the time she has left in relatively pain free... when the time comes let her go, worst thing in the world i knw but just remember your ending her suffering... may she have many months of life yet! all my best.....mrc

hiker

So glad to hear that you got out to get supplies and that Kayla is still enjoying her time. Hope your New Year went well and that things in your life are good.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get teary-eyed when I hear you speak of your little lady. Trust me, I don't only love dogs, i'm IN LOVE with them, so I feel your pain, S4L. Our emotions ride right along with however your lady feels at the time. Just a little pep in thier step gives us the ultimate joy. Nothing on this earth, IMO gives us the love a dog does. No wonder it's called "mans' best friend" because that's just what they are. Enjoy EVERY second you have with her, S4L. I shall keep her in my prayers and hopes she continues to give you joy for a very long time. Peace.

brewess

So sorry about Kayla. Been there several times myself. Trust in your vet and Kayla to tell you when enough is enough. It is such a hard decision, my thoughts are with you.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

this is one of my favorite pics of my pups,
Alice in front & Kayla bringing up the rear.

Picture3504.jpg

same day this is my favorite pic of Kayla.......

Picture3501.jpg

Winter 2003

Oh man.....
i have always had dogs, and been blessed to have them give me many years of love,the damm things u get so attached to them,thay are part of your sole...
Kindest Regards, FT....

THC123

Veteran
damn sorry to hear bout this , i am kinda in the same situation with my cat , so i know how it sucks , try to enjoy her company and sweet character as long as she will be with you , i know i am doing this

saying goodbye wont be easy but at least you will have made the most out of the time you 2 got left

Latest posts

Latest posts