What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn...now Leslie Nielson--

I never thought the guy was funny, so I didn't care for his later roles.

But his earlier dramatic roles were great.

RIP Leslie
He was hillarious. It is his earlier, dramatic roles that he played most of his humor off of. Some of my generation had to go back and watch the Virginian to see that he could play an insanely serious person. He will be missed, but let us praise his long career doing what he loved. I mean how many of us get to 84 doing what we want to do? Most of us will probably die after retiring from a job we hate in a nursing home our kids abandoned us in.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The umpire scenes in the Naked Gun movie will always be my most vivid memory. Absolutely hilarious. RIP

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

a fine actor for sure, as you'll see in various articles he was a serious actor to begin with, I'd read that many years ago and in fact it mentioned that he nearly had to beg for a chance at a comedic role because he was so typecast as a stoic drama figure. I'm not sure that Airplane was his first comedic role but it will certainly be the one he's most remembered for. More than anything else in life he loved to give us laughs & usually at his own expense as the fall guy.

R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
He was and awesome actor and has made millions of people laugh their asses of..
RIP :ying:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
R.I.P. Mr. Leslie Nielson, you were 1 of the truely great actors. Airplane and The Naked Gun movies are the ones that stand out the most for me. Yea he would have you laughing sometimes needing fresh linen after a good session. I think i'll watch one of his films tonight in rememberance. He was the man so definately don't call him Shirley. 1