What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BhT goes toe-to-toe with tea party fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriesXX

"They represent an abundant well of untapped goodwill."

AladinSane- You agree on legalization, yet you argue anyway, how funny... You're saying that Tea Party members support legalizing MJ in the name of freedom, yet the REALITY of what ACTUALLY OCCURED says otherwise.

I don't even know how you can argue theory vs. reality, that just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Oh, did you have a point? Nope, just came in because you didn't like Nug Jug's opinion on the Tea Party and it's involvement in legalization. After that, you just kind of went off on a go-nowhere bicker-fest *yawn*...

BigBudBill

I think the problem with the Tea Party is it has already been compromised. I bet if the GOP wins the next presidential election, they disappear(go into hiding until needed again).

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
To be fair to AS though, his argument about the validity of the government's position on marijuana is spot on, if they wanted to make it "illegal" then it should have been written into the Constitution same as the prohibition of alcohol, and then rightfully repealed thereafter. The government in AS's world does not have the power to make those kinds of laws, but in reality things don't work that way

Preacher

Back to the topic at hand. This is my idea for the next sign I take to one of those.

"A government forcing us to buy anything is exactly as illegal as a government forcing us to NOT buy anything.

Repeal the health care mandate AND the war on drugs"

That's the only logical tactic that sticks that I've come up with: agree with them on something, then use the very reasoning they use on it to make a near-perfect analogy to something they disagree with. States' rights, invasion of privacy, not covered under the commerce clause, all these things have been used to argue the repeal of the mandate and the CSA.

Edit at above: the key thing I'd be omitting is that the single convention on narcotic drugs made the CSA legal by international treaty. Prior to that any bans like the one you just mentioned did have to be amended into the Constitution.

cashpoor357

State's rights is pretty much a dead issue. The tea party seems to think that dismantling the gov is the total solution to life's problems. A smaller gov is always a good thing, but there has to be some gov or there is anarchy. I would love to hear what the tea party would like America to look like in their perfect world. If tomorrow they woke up and everything was exactly how they wanted it to be what would America look like?

How many hundreds of thousands are tea partiers at heart? You'd have a broad spectrum of answers to your question. Obama said that he was going to "fundamentally transform America". First he'll need to destroy the greatest country on the planet. He's started. The tea partiers generally DON'T WANT THAT. A LOT of tea partiers I know want to grow without feat of arrest. Vote yes on Prop 19 and the Republican ticket for the best of both worlds.

H

HippyJohnny

Right On BHT

Right On BHT

:tiphat: Bht

First let me say integrity = action match words. You went out and did something about the "problem".
Wish i could have been there, thanks for carrying the water.

Where I live (because I am currently considered a "productive member of society" with much to lose) I cant take a chance on my lively-hood to even be seen at a pro cannabis rally. I cant post a letter to the editor, put signs on my car, fly a flag at my home.... how American huh?

Is that what the constitution had in mind? Because of the sever stigma and legal risks involved the system has kept me "in the closet" separated and mouth shut.

I am a regular user of cannabis and take no other medications. My wife was in a "pain clinic" and strung out on oxycontyn, morphine, methadone, xanax, and some somas thrown in for good measure (all prescribed as daily doses, yup one DR). I now grow my wifes meds and she now only takes a small dose of xanax daily and has returned from zombieland. I have a marriage again.

Alladinsane (favorite Bowie album btw) I don't care what you believe in regard to medical mj, I'm living with the benefits, and read here many others do as well so whatever argumentative statements you want to make about that really seem superfluous anyway.
However please explain how "Corporate Person-hood" fits in to your constitutional understanding? Based on my understanding I no longer believe that the government is the big enemy I once did, actually I think the govt. is the enforcement arm of the corporations... but I am just a old stoner with little formal education. At least we can re-call and vote out bad governments when we get motivated enough... how do we vote out a corporation? How do we trust that business will take care of employees?
Oh, I know free market...please. Do you have any of those concerns?

Yes, you can get rich by robbing the poor ... you just have to stretch the interest payments out far enough.... thats the problem now... the poor are maxed out.(now what?)

If the tea party came out and flat out said the war on drugs is a failure and we can start by legalizing MJ... I would be able to see intellectual integrity. As you already pointed out not the t-party, not the democrats, nor the republicans have stood behind anything like that statement and Obama laughed at the question when asked.

Prop 19 is far bigger than being about the right to get high, its about so much more.

I want a Canna-Party with legalization as the lynch-pin for real social and governmental change.... now if they just wouldn't lock up and blackball my potential members.

If Cali gets prop19 passed maybe over here we can at least have some cover for discussion. We need it.

:wave:

ChronJohn

I think the problem with the Tea Party is it has already been compromised. I bet if the GOP wins the next presidential election, they disappear(go into hiding until needed again).

This is a likely outcome, where were they when Bush spent 8 years turning a surplus into a deficit and eroding the Constitution? Or starting not one, but TWO unconstitutional "wars"? No, those people have always been around they're called Libertarians and have always opposed the bullshit going on in Washington. Libertarians have on the agenda, LEGALIZING CANNABIS and ending the war on drugs in general. They are everything that the Tea Partiers aspire to be, they have no need for this "fringe" group (btw, when a Tea Partier runs for office what party do they put for themselves?) an organized party with their supposed belief system already exists and does indeed have leaders and a very concise, realistic agenda involving less government, less taxes, more freedom. But these aren't things that the Tea Party actually believes in, or else they would be putting their full force behind true Libertarian candidates instead of the establishment/fringe hacks who believe that homosexuality is an abomination and being against abortion means being pro-freedom and personal choice. Instead its just some crazy amalgamation of media frenzy, angry right-wing fringe nutjobs, and uneducated, politically confused individuals who have a desire to return to the Republican base of "less taxes and less government and more freedom" but are clashing with the establishment Republican "less taxes for the top 1% earners, less government regulation of those top 1% mostly banks and major corporations, and more freedom to get away with robbing everyone blind and take over the world with our Empire; military bases in every country, no consciousness expanding drug use allowed or you'll see through our bullshit, holier than thou fucking hypocrite bible belt racist fanatic fucks".. yea you can see how this got real shitty real fast. RIP freedom loving Tea Party.. should have just stuck with Libertarians. then it'd be real easy to weed out the establishment from the rest. Agree with legalization? Cool, you're a libertarian. Dont agree? Oh, you're not one of us gtfo. With the Tea Party since it is "spontaneous" and has no central organization and no clear agenda, things get muddled a lot easier and pretty soon Sarah Palin is a leader and the OG Tea Partiers are wondering "WTF happened?". Like I said, if you actually believe in small government less taxes more freedom especially LEGALIZATION etc dont even waste your time with the tea party bullshit or especially democrats and republicans, just find the Libertarian party in your area and support them.
http://www.lp.org/

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Preacher

The prohibitionists are afraid of getting into a real formal debate (moderation, no biases, points deducted for irrational bullshit) because they know full well they'd be stomped into the ground by whoever NORML or MPP throws at them. On one occasion I've seen them admit as much. Getting a real discussion going isn't going to be easy when one side knows that's going to hurt them and takes measures to prevent it.

ChronJohn

Vote yes on Prop 19 and the Republican ticket for the best of both worlds.

AHAHAHAHA Steve Cooley and Meg Whitman are the major Republicans up for election right? Attorney General and Governor offices, respectively, held by those two individuals spells certain doom to all interested in progress on the issue of cannabis normalization. That this is not plain as day to you is somewhat shocking considering the venue of this little debate.

"[marijuana is] a gateway drug whose use would expand greatly among our children if it were to be legalized.” -Meg Whitman

On the issue of medical dispensaries, Steve Cooley has this to say:
"The L.A. City Council should be collectively ashamed of their failure to grasp this issue," Cooley said, arguing that state laws do not allow medical marijuana to be sold. "Undermining those laws via their ordinance powers is counterproductive, and quite frankly we're ignoring them. They are absolutely so irrelevant it's not funny."

(99.9% of) Republicans, at least those running for office, are not our friends.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Honestly, the tea party rally felt alot more like a public forum for hate speech, rather than any sort of event to bring more freedom to our country.

The main thing I heard yesterday is "lets take our country back!" and "get rid of all the illegal immigrants!". As to the lets take our country back; i'm still yet to understand what this really means, as its not as if china or the taliban or some other foreign invader has taken over this country and we are fighting to regain control. So if that is the mantra, then all I can come to understand is that these were most likely the same people who were calling obama a "nigger" the whole time during the '08 election and what they are really pissed off about is a black man is in the white house. To further confirm my belief, one of the tea party members' signs read "Its called the WHITE house for good reason...." you can term anything anyway, but I think shakespear said it best: "a rose by anyother name...."

The one thing that all these people had in common was their skin color. I saw no mexicans, no muslims, no blacks, it was nothing but angry ignorant white people and most of them being of age 45-80 with the majority in the mid to late 60's and early 70's.

What was really dumbfounding was the amount of people who looked to be poor as dirt, yet angry as hell that obama wants to tax the rich. I would have been amazed if 2% of the crowd happend to make over $100,000 much less to be in the proposed $250,000+ income bracket.

The organizers of the event claimed to be people who had little money and simply were doing this for the good of america, etc. etc. However, after the rally I noticed that this same organizer drove off in a $80,000 mercedes benz.

Next time im bringing a hidden camcorder to document what I saw, because it would have been youtube gold and maybe would have opened many peoples eyes to what is actually going on at some of these rallies...

Preacher

Well that makes two people here who tried and failed to find a nonwhite in a tea party crowd. As one cardboard sign put it, "this sign is the brownest thing here".

vta

Veteran
if you google teabagger and click images...you get a pretty good idea of what these people stand for. They also support the war on drugs. So much hate...I see Christian this and Christan that but it's coupled with pure hate and ignorance.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

praisehim.

Veteran
^^ looks like a race of their own. all inbred dumbasses. I love the guy in the background of the first pic with the volcom shirt. hes got this special way of standing, that just screams.. honkey.

igrowone

Veteran
^^^ i was going to mention the similarity of the TP 'mood' and the mood in Germany in 1932
high unemployment, intense anger, and finding the 'enemies' who have caused all the problems
facts not needed for this enterprise

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I would think that there would be more support for a COFFEE SHOP PARTY......than a Tea Party party on this site.......

Grow On!......and Grow'em Hard!

shasta

Alladin, I repect your respect for inidivdual's rights, in the face of oposition (here)...perhaps you should start your own political party absent the idots. IMO we are self medicating...for good reason.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Alladin, I repect your respect for inidivdual's rights, in the face of oposition (here)...perhaps you should start your own political party absent the idots. IMO we are self medicating...for good reason.

If the tea party ONLY stood for less gov. less taxes. more states rights they would have gained much more support than they currently have. However, it's more than obvious that there is much much more to this party then these beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts