What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rand Paul wins Senate Primary, soon to be a pro-legalization senator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
valid point.
but you get my drift...

when companies have to pay legislators for their poison to remain legal to sell to the american public, while free speech, yes, it doesnt make it right.

lets not mix up free speech and 'evil' lobbying (as opposed to legal and morally right lobbying)

but i digress.

time for change

-cap

I understand what your saying cap but hopefully you can have the wisdom to see the debacle. Defining 'evil' lobbying especially on a moral grounds is a very slippery slope.

People need to understand the most powerful lobby is your vote.

J

JackTheGrower

I just listened to Rand Paul's speech and he is not willing to stop war spending so he is no good to actually save our country.
It won't mater if we give international corporations more power while we cut benefits for the Citizens if we don't stop the war spending.
So Paul is actually not offering anything for all of us. It may help his upper middle class supporters by passing the tax burden on to the poor through reduction in social services and higher taxes.
To get our spending under control we must stop charging up a debt for the war. You see we are not paying for the war yet. We are charging up the bill and it will kill us in the future if anything goes wrong like we have now in the future.

I say lets get freedom now! Freedom for cannabis, medical care , retirement ( improve social security ) We need to improve the basics for us all.. What good is America if it isn't the land of the free?

Do you have any links on this topic?

from what i can find Rand Paul won't comment. he says he supports states rights... his website definitely does not take a stance unlike his father who denounces the war on drugs...

i did find this tidbit... this doesn't sound too favorable towards legalization.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2382373/posts

One idea Paul proposed was imposing drug testing on those who receive government benefits. He explained, “If you’re giving people money from the government, perhaps you could tie the money from taxpayers to the drugs.”

I think you may be right on this one. On the official site he does not have a section devoted to liberty in drug use.

He may just stay mum on the issue and justify the repealing of federal drug laws in favor of states decisions on purely constitutional grounds.

Seems to be a much safer route politically.

Or he is lying and will fuck us pot smokers over.

Hope he doesn't get infected by the Washington machine.

-BILLO

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I definitely feel people's pain about the Tea Party being a faction of Neo-Con Republicans. Nationally speaking that is a correct assumption. However, within the Tea Party there is a group that can think for themselves and sees what American Fascism is all about. Albeit a minority, that group is growing quickly. And it's never something you will find on TV or in mainstream print. You'd actually have to go attend a meeting and find the smaller group within a group that understand what Super-Nationalistic Capitalism (Fascism) and totalitarianism is. It' unfortunately has all the nasty implications of Oligarchy and Feudalism. Caste system. Whatever. It's not freedom. The fact that this is 2010 means nothing. The fact is we are more susceptible than ever to propaganda with our huge ass TV's. When you look around and feel that journalistic integrity is dead then there is something terribly wrong with your country.

I understand Rand Paul is not exactly like his dad, especially on the war issue, but we should remember that in any politics you must lie to attain power. Especially when dealing with potentially brainwashed masses. I hope people do not take offense to that. Every country, in every time period is fed propaganda by their government and officials to control their behavior. By default this is called brainwashing. America's MIC media culture is very sophisticated and has been in service for decades. I certainly fed into it 100% a while ago. It's impossible not too.

Having said that. I'm hoping (there is that word again ;)) that his true beliefs lie somewhere along his fathers lines and that he was just using "campaign rhetoric" as Obama did, to launch him into a position to where he could do something to stop the madness by ending the Drug War and all the other WARS against the we the people.

"I know that I know nothing" Socrates

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Ghandi

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
I think you may be right on this one. On the official site he does not have a section devoted to liberty in drug use.

He may just stay mum on the issue and justify the repealing of federal drug laws in favor of states decisions on purely constitutional grounds.

Seems to be a much safer route politically.

Or he is lying and will fuck us pot smokers over.

Hope he doesn't get infected by the Washington machine.

-BILLO

i believe he is probably for ending the federal WOD which isn't bad. And i believe he would leave it up to the states, which ain't legalization across the nation, but at least there are chances that way.

the more medical states we get and the more politicians who will entertain ending the WOD can't be bad...

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I just listened to Rand Paul's speech and he is not willing to stop war spending so he is no good to actually save our country.
It won't mater if we give international corporations more power while we cut benefits for the Citizens if we don't stop the war spending.
So Paul is actually not offering anything for all of us. It may help his upper middle class supporters by passing the tax burden on to the poor through reduction in social services and higher taxes.
To get our spending under control we must stop charging up a debt for the war. You see we are not paying for the war yet. We are charging up the bill and it will kill us in the future if anything goes wrong like we have now in the future.

I say lets get freedom now! Freedom for cannabis, medical care , retirement ( improve social security ) We need to improve the basics for us all.. What good is America if it isn't the land of the free?

Wow, where to start? This thread wasn't really meant for Democrats to come in and start tossing blame around so thanks for turning it into a "political thread" that will be closed shortly.

I dare you to quote where Rand said he supports war spending. You can't because he didn't say that. He said he supports defense spending. DEFENSE, not offense. Defense is one of the very few Constitutional duties of the federal government. Pay attention to what is said, not what you want to hear.

Second, at this point no one has the high ground to be talking at all about spending and deficits, especially Democrats. Bush was terrible, no doubt, and you're right that the wars have basically been put on the taxpayer's credit card but ignoring that Obama and the Dem Congress has already WAY surpassed Bush's deficits (by what....4 fold?) is missing the forest for the trees. As long as Obama and the Dem Congress (which has been the majority since 2006 fyi) continue the same war funding while now promising billions in "free money" to everyone Dems would be wise to just keep deficits out of the conversation. Particularly war deficits that they continue to vote in favor of.

MostHigh

He won't win.

And unless he does a huge turn around about government programs he is principally opposed to...programs that residents of Kentucky have come to reply on...he's going to be crushed.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most high, that may be your wish...but not in line with reality. Paul already is polling ahead of the dems. Crushed...please...wishful thinking at best for leftists.
And to think he will better his odds by advocating government spending programs. You need to get a firmer grip.

Danks2005

Rand Paul

Rand Paul

They are trying to pin him as a racist, cause he believes business owners should make all their own business decisions, even bad ones. Don't these people get it, we shouldn't need gov't to make moral decisions for us. I am white as can be, and if a business only opened its doors to whites, I would be outside picketing and actively boycotting. That is how you deal with racist or other unjust business, run them out of business. BOYCOTT.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Expect The Establishment media and politicians to endlessly demonize anti-establishment candidates and trains of thought. Defamation, disinformation, and slander will be the order of the day.

Constitutionalists (Believers in State Sovereignty) are a very serious threat to the status quo of totalitarian centralized power.

J

JackTheGrower

Wow, where to start? This thread wasn't really meant for Democrats to come in and start tossing blame around so thanks for turning it into a "political thread" that will be closed shortly.

I dare you to quote where Rand said he supports war spending. You can't because he didn't say that. He said he supports defense spending. DEFENSE, not offense. Defense is one of the very few Constitutional duties of the federal government. Pay attention to what is said, not what you want to hear.

Second, at this point no one has the high ground to be talking at all about spending and deficits, especially Democrats. Bush was terrible, no doubt, and you're right that the wars have basically been put on the taxpayer's credit card but ignoring that Obama and the Dem Congress has already WAY surpassed Bush's deficits (by what....4 fold?) is missing the forest for the trees. As long as Obama and the Dem Congress (which has been the majority since 2006 fyi) continue the same war funding while now promising billions in "free money" to everyone Dems would be wise to just keep deficits out of the conversation. Particularly war deficits that they continue to vote in favor of.

Nope no fight here.

It's just that he in not saying things he is being given credit for is all..

The Tea Party is wanting to save the upper middle class from what I can see when the problem is American capitalism. Until we have people willing to stand up boldly against multi-national corporations it's just a shell game of where is the Pea and we all lose.

GP73LPC

Veteran
They are trying to pin him as a racist, cause he believes business owners should make all their own business decisions, even bad ones. Don't these people get it, we shouldn't need gov't to make moral decisions for us. I am white as can be, and if a business only opened its doors to whites, I would be outside picketing and actively boycotting. That is how you deal with racist or other unjust business, run them out of business. BOYCOTT.

i agree with you and Rand in theory, but there are places in the deep south that would go right back to segregation in a minute. and the entire town wouldn't care if you did show up to protest. oh uh, wait, they would care. they would take you away in the middle of the night and you wouldn't be seen again.

it would be the violence of the 60's civil right movement all over again, but without govt interference. in other words it would never stop...

this unfortunately is why the govt is involved... because there are some very dangerous, racist people in the world...

Dr Paul is gonna have a hard time getting this across to the people. if i were him, i would re-state my beliefs in what it should be and what reality dictates and move forward.

GP73LPC

Veteran
he's changed his tune on the civil rights act now... ;)

After an intense 24 hours, Tea Party darling and Kentucky Republican nominee for Senate Rand Paul is stepping back from his criticisms of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. He told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham he did, in fact, support the historic legislation. He also told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that he would have voted for it if he were in the Senate.

The rest of the story --> HERE

Rand has been consistently polling double digit leads against his democratic counterparts if I recall correctly.

Thats what I heard too. This win for him is a win for the seat. His dad should run for the senate too. 1/100th influence on legislation is 5 times better than 1/535th influence.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GP7, there are also places in the hood that would also back segregation. Racism is not a club owned by anyone. It is a personal thing.
The most blatant show of racism today IMO, comes from the people who claim to fight against it. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barack Obama...you know, the guys who jump to racial conclusions so to use the issue as a political prop? The ones who NEED us to think that racism is alive and well, but only in the hearts and minds of who they say it does.

And also, I don't think you will find that the TEA party folks are championing any class of people at all. That would be part of their deal. Fuck the classes and the envy that the above racist bastards also create and use for political gain.

GP7, there are also places in the hood that would also back segregation. Racism is not a club owned by anyone. It is a personal thing.
The most blatant show of racism today IMO, comes from the people who claim to fight against it. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barack Obama...you know, the guys who jump to racial conclusions so to use the issue as a political prop? The ones who NEED us to think that racism is alive and well, but only in the hearts and minds of who they say it does.

And also, I don't think you will find that the TEA party folks are championing any class of people at all. That would be part of their deal. Fuck the classes and the envy that the above racist bastards also create and use for political gain.

True too. Segregation was a democrat cause, and the republicans were against it. Last I checked the republicans generally took control the south in modern times. Unless that changes, the south is generally against segregation.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All free men of good conscience should be against forced segregation, or forced integration for that matter.

Yes, WR, the left has for years tried to present themselves as champions of the race issue, but the facts bear out that they were the ones that fought civil rights legislation from the start. And today they are the ones who perpetuate the issue for their own political gains.
Or, at least what they perceive as gains...

J

JackTheGrower

Economic prosperity is the drug of choice for politicians. If we can get the people intoxicated on prosperity that makes conservative reforms easier to get general support for.

If The Tea party can do that.. Bring back good jobs and economic prosperity for the working class then I'm sure it would be the popular party.

But I am excited that Rand will be a YES vote on all things that make Cannabis legal! Is that a truth?

J

JackTheGrower

He is looking like he is pandering to the Racists.

Yall may want to watch todays' Democracy now. May 20, 2010

But I am excited that Rand will be a YES vote on all things that make Cannabis legal! Is that a truth?

If he's a true Libertarian then yes its true. About the only thing he would have to hide is the fact that as a libertarian first he wants ALL drugs legalized. Thats pretty much a settled issue with them (us) since the founding of the party. We want the government to be no more than our servants, and mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.