What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

watson540

that might seem like a fine solution, keep it medical..and Im sure it is super easy to say, when you are saying it in a medical state

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea but that's the only state this legalization shit is happening in so it has nothing to do with the other states... Colorado is doing well with it being Medical... Nevada just passed it and made it Medical so why do we need to have it legalized here in California? Personally if you don't live here you got no say in this I'm sorry but that's just fact...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the thing about weed versus food. is food needs much stricter regulation than pot because you can look at weed and smell it and be able to tell if it is shit. shwag is shwag. unless you have a trained eye it is hard to pick out a cut of prime steak versus angus steak.

Also if you smoke shitty weed you wont die, but if you eat shit meat, or infected veggies you can die. you wont get a parasite from smoking weed ever, but you can get one from food.

The only regulations weed needs are, organic standards, laws saying you cant add shit to it like tobacco. if you wanna mix weed with tobacco do it at home.

any other regulation on the industry can be like wine, and that is just for quality, and type clasification. you can still buy shit wine. and make wine at home.

also it is easy to spot a distillery, and they are dangerous if you are untrained. but you can hurt anyone growing pot.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally if you don't live here you got no say in this I'm sorry but that's just fact...

this is not directed at you thundurkle, i just used your quote because you are right, and I need to convince people to vote yes.

actually this is revolutionary for the whole entire USA, and globe. seeing how the usa is the gov that make everyone enforce drug laws in the first place.

THIS IS A HUGE STEP TO STOPPING DRUG VIOLENCE!!!

ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT THINK LEGALIZATION IS BAD, FUCKING VOTE YES, AND STOP BEING FUCKING PARANOID AND SELFISH.

THIS ARGUMENT IS FUCKING STUPID. GROW THE FUCK UP.

that might seem like a fine solution, keep it medical..and Im sure it is super easy to say, when you are saying it in a medical state

exactly. non sick people get to make bank and hide behind medical laws, while sick people in non med states have to worry about prison for growing their own meds. Full Legalization in california will open the door for national legalization, or at least a national decriminalization for patients.

Last edited:

Danks2005

I read this as a hypothetical national legalization, didn't even think about what ya'll got going on in cali, MY BAD. I still think, stamping it legal, would be a huge step for ya'll and hopefully the rest of us.

Bonghitz

Good discussion everybody. This is a very contentious topic.

Back to home distilling for a second...there are two main kinds of alcohol that are produced during distillation: ethanol and methanol. Ethanol is the one many people drink every day. Methanol metabolizes into formaldehyde which can make you blind. This is a very good reason for regulation of home-distilled liquor IMHO...however I am at a loss for reasons not to grow and smoke weed for one's self.

If anybody has read The Omnivore's Dilemma they will know all about the red tape and politics involved in American agriculture. Proceed with caution on this one...and keep your viewpoints coming!

:2cents:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Also do most know that it's illegal to grow your own tobacco? You think they are going to let you grow your own cannabis for long you are out of your minds! I hope everybody that loves cannabis in California votes NO!!! I am and so are all the people I know, WE CAN NOT LET THIS LEAVE OUR HANDS AFTER WE BUILT IT ALL THE YEARS! That'd be like Bill Gates just handing over Microsoft to the government like "here ya go make billions off all my hard work and lost time of friends and family" If you all can't see that this is going to be taken from us you are seriously blind and need to read. All that stuff on the USDA is FACT! My Grandma worked for them for 15 years! She stopped because she didn't like the way farmers were being treated by our government cuz she has a good heart. PLEASE WAKE UP AND SEE THAT IT NEEDS TO STAY MEDICAL! The state is already making millions in taxes from the dispensaries which I feel are a great thing and have brought many people together. Which I don't want to see destroyed you are talking about taking food out of kids mouths and clothes off their backs so our government can make more money are you SERIOUS!!!! It's a outrage of the highest sort IMO and from now till November I will be educating everybody I can on what is really going to happen if the shit passes. How can you not see it's ALREADY LEGAL PRETTY MUCH! Cop can't arrest me for my bag or jar of bud and I can legally grow already! So legalizing it for everyone who can ALREADY EASILY GET A CARD IS STUPID AND ASSBACKWARDS! Common Sense folks don't people still have any?

every bit of paranoid delusion you post is patently false

here is just one example

http://non-hybrid-seeds.com/tob.html?gclid=CJKbg_mz0KECFRGenAodwkByKA

i grow my own 'baccy btw its perfectly legal

grapeman

Veteran
How do people operate under the delusion that marijuana is somehow unregulated now?

I guess you don't understand. Of course it is regulated in some states. Other states it is banned outright.

Once legalized in the manner it is moving forward in some legislation, all that I have stated (USDA rules, FDA rules etc.) will make it next to impossible for the little guy to be a profitable grower.

well this seems like as good a place as any

well this seems like as good a place as any

my two cents on the legalization of this wonderful plant we so love !
The only way it will ever be legalized in the states is if the US government wants it legal . For those of you that remember when the legal drinking age was 18 and they changed it to 21 all states had the right to keep it at 18 if they wanted to but all fed money would be removed from the state (Louisiana for example ), so no road money no school money and so on . Do you really think that the fed gov will not use all there leverage and do the the same thing to states that try and legalize marijuana for any thing other than med ?
When they do use there leverage against the states do you think your elected official will just say go ahead ? (cali is already broke !!!)

Careful what you wish for it might just come true !!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I guess you don't understand. Of course it is regulated in some states. Other states it is banned outright.

Once legalized in the manner it is moving forward in some legislation, all that I have stated (USDA rules, FDA rules etc.) will make it next to impossible for the little guy to be a profitable grower.

Exactly!!! Why is it ok to bash Wal Mart for putting mom and pop shops out of biz but folks are so quick to do the SAME thing to the people who risked it for you for the last 30 years! Right now it has never been so good for the common man who has no way of getting a job. Also I hate that shit about "Non sick people hiding behind med laws" Check it out Prop 215 clearly states any condition agreeable by patient and doctor to be relieved with the use of cannabis! That means if you use it to calm down after work instead of a beer you are legal and not "hiding" behind anything. Just cuz you aren't on your death bed don't mean you aren't using cannabis medicinally. I think it's very selfish of people to not care about people who make a legit living in the medical marijuana industry which is just as honest work as any other gardening. They all like to say you just support drug dealers and cartels this way but do you REALLY think the WHOLE USA is going to follow? YEA RIGHT!! Tons of states will be illegal and guess what those drug dealers you are crying about are going to take that legal weed you voted for and go get richer bringing it to other non legal states. There is NO reason a person in California can't get a card to be legal. I got mine FREE! Medi Cann has Free Compassion Cards they give to dispensaries for folks that can't afford to pay for a doctor. Whats the excuse now? Do you really want to make hundreds and thousands of peoples lives harder so you can feel safe smoking and growing which you can ALREADY DO! But now you're handing over a BILLION dollar industry to the government and Phillip Morris. You think they are going to fund the schools up north? You think they are going to help keep the economy alive up there?

Best case scenario is they snatch up some of the top producers in Cali and put them to work in their greenhouses but they already have master gardeners that grow other shit. Think they can't master this? There goes everybody now it's been passed that it's not safe to grow at home anymore cuz it can't be regulated and they don't want that to get into the streets ect. Be forced to buy from the man...... VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO!
:thank you:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

are you still talking about tc2010?

it seems you jump between tc2010 and hypothetical federal legislation.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Exactly!!! Why is it ok to bash Wal Mart for putting mom and pop shops out of biz but folks are so quick to do the SAME thing to the people who risked it for you for the last 30 years! Right now it has never been so good for the common man who has no way of getting a job. Also I hate that shit about "Non sick people hiding behind med laws" Check it out Prop 215 clearly states any condition agreeable by patient and doctor to be relieved with the use of cannabis! That means if you use it to calm down after work instead of a beer you are legal and not "hiding" behind anything. Just cuz you aren't on your death bed don't mean you aren't using cannabis medicinally. I think it's very selfish of people to not care about people who make a legit living in the medical marijuana industry which is just as honest work as any other gardening. They all like to say you just support drug dealers and cartels this way but do you REALLY think the WHOLE USA is going to follow? YEA RIGHT!! Tons of states will be illegal and guess what those drug dealers you are crying about are going to take that legal weed you voted for and go get richer bringing it to other non legal states. There is NO reason a person in California can't get a card to be legal. I got mine FREE! Medi Cann has Free Compassion Cards they give to dispensaries for folks that can't afford to pay for a doctor. Whats the excuse now? Do you really want to make hundreds and thousands of peoples lives harder so you can feel safe smoking and growing which you can ALREADY DO! But now you're handing over a BILLION dollar industry to the government and Phillip Morris. You think they are going to fund the schools up north? You think they are going to help keep the economy alive up there?

Best case scenario is they snatch up some of the top producers in Cali and put them to work in their greenhouses but they already have master gardeners that grow other shit. Think they can't master this? There goes everybody now it's been passed that it's not safe to grow at home anymore cuz it can't be regulated and they don't want that to get into the streets ect. Be forced to buy from the man...... VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO!

you prohibitionists love to act like philip morris would risk R.I.C.O. prosecution from the anti business obama admin because california passes tc2010 this is a prime example of a fallacious straw man

watson540

are you really under the impression, that if a GIANT corpo like phillip morr. got involved, then it WOULDN'T be legal EVERYWHERE?? The only way I can see the commercialization aspect being SOOO scary, is if they are selling to the whole country...If they really did want to get into ONLY legal states..You can bet THEIR lobbying dollars would make it legal NATIONWIDE in no time flat (and not only that..if they DIDNT lobby for this..it would be an even playing field considering you guys were here first..so if your "product" is any good, it should speak for itself, or be recogn ized by name/grower)

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Really. Tell that to the 20 acre squash grower who needs a USDA stamp on his boxes before he can sell the product.

And the comparison between crap and artisan growers, while true, is not new. It exists now... in this crop and all others. New to the equation is the USDA. And they are coming. Then along comes the FDA, who will also regulate the product. It is after all, for medical use.

Just plain old de-criminalization is the way to go. Otherwise, all of the above is true.

I dont give a fuck about squash. No one is going to jail over squash crops. Legalize it now. It is the only humane thing to do. I am so fucking tired of these sniviling little faggots complaining about how the first real legalization effort isnt up to their standards so they will just vote against it.

grapeman

Veteran
the thing about weed versus food. is food needs much stricter regulation than pot because you can look at weed and smell it and be able to tell if it is shit. shwag is shwag. unless you have a trained eye it is hard to pick out a cut of prime steak versus angus steak.

Also if you smoke shitty weed you wont die, but if you eat shit meat, or infected veggies you can die. you wont get a parasite from smoking weed ever, but you can get one from food.

The only regulations weed needs are, organic standards, laws saying you cant add shit to it like tobacco. if you wanna mix weed with tobacco do it at home.

any other regulation on the industry can be like wine, and that is just for quality, and type clasification. you can still buy shit wine. and make wine at home.

also it is easy to spot a distillery, and they are dangerous if you are untrained. but you can hurt anyone growing pot.

Wrong again my fine friend. Weed is Medicine. Medicine is one of the most government regulated products on the market.

grapeman

Veteran
I dont give a fuck about squash. No one is going to jail over squash crops. Legalize it now. It is the only humane thing to do. I am so fucking tired of these sniviling little faggots complaining about how the first real legalization effort isnt up to their standards so they will just vote against it.

Who said that?

And I'm sure you must be smart enough to know that squash was an example of what must be done to sell food legally. All food needs to have a USDA Inspection stamp to be sold.

You are smart enough......... yeah, I'm sure you are.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran

I aint no sniviling little faggot homeboy we'll just leave it at that...

As for not up to our standards? Why is it ok to kill the economy of 3 counties like it's no big deal? Get a card and shut the fuck up it's not hard and it's legal and it's taxed when you go buy your bud at the dispensary so how much more money is REALLY going to be made and by who? I know it sure isn't going to be the folks that have already been put in jail and spent thousands in fines over this shit but you don't care about those dudes huh? Fuck the guys the drove down the hill in the fog at 3am with 15lbs to bring into town so folks had good stuff to blaze. Fuck those little kids who wont get new clothes for school cuz daddy's farm got took by the government cuz now "THEY NEED THE LAND" .. I've never seen the people so quick to vote themselves into something that is going to ruin what it was intended for in the first place.

LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO GAY PEOPLE!!!! I for one am straight and don't like it that much but we all the right to be miserable with somebody for the rest of our life! They legalized gay people getting married in California then next thing you know.... BOOOOOM!! It's ILLEGAL next year! What a great way to wipe out Prop 215 and have the people do it themselves this time!!! FUCKING GENIOUS!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
have never seen so many folks pretending to "do it so you would have something good to blaze". wrong, you do it for MONEY! if not, you would GIVE all that you grow & don't smoke & call it charity. you can be offended all you want, but that won't erase the "selfish capitalist pig" stamp off of your forehead. NO ONE likes to have their cash cow killed for the soup kitchen down the block, i understand this. but some of you "doth protesteth too much..."

slyman

what they should do is just make it completely legal and put it parents hands to teach their children the facts and that they shouldnt use it until theyre old enough. thats the only reason they even want to regulate it besides the fact the gov't wants to make money off of it

Latest posts

Latest posts