What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

President Obama, it's very simple.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone who thinks their nation is superior to ours then great, I salute you. And stay your ass there too.

Imagine if you childish asshats that find reasons, any reasons, to hate the USA, were to suddenly loose everything that our nation has provided to yours in the past. Each of you would be looking pretty fucking midevil and stupid.
It is what it is, and it wasn't built by asshats like Danny. Imagine a nation full of ignorance such as that.
For the sake of Canada, Danny...try your best not to breed. Damn shame they didn't neuter Dan Sr.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
There is a viral sense of entitlement, and the government is encouraging it.

There are those who do for themselves, and answer to no one.

And there are those who do nothing, and answer to their keeper.

Like it or not the US is the last Sovereign Super Power. China needs.... let me say that again, China needs the US to buy all the shit they make. Which might have toxic materials in it, and it might not.

All of this extreme spending is to do one thing. Cause inflation. There is already another 1000 page bill from Chris Dodd, all about HEAVY regulation of the banking system.

This is the start. Want to see how it plays out? Look at the UK. It's a bankrupt, Police state.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
There is a viral sense of entitlement, and the government is encouraging it.

There are those who do for themselves, and answer to no one.

And there are those who do nothing, and answer to their keeper.

China needs.... let me say that again, China needs the US to buy all the shit they make.

I agree with the first part wholeheartedly, but about China needing us to buy their shit, I don't agree.
They have a massive manufacturing base and their people have been investing soundly and saving, something we ain't so good at over here. Buying our treasuries, which they have been doing, isn't such a sound investment anymore, but I am sure they will soon dump them, which will cause some real inflation over here. Watch for that. It's already being evidenced. Beginning of the end, I say... Check rising gold prices as the Chinese create massive demand for a safer long term investment strategy that isn't dollar-denominated...

Now their companies can start manufacturing for the Chinese people and other wealthy parts of the world. The US will soon not be able to pay for any of these Chinese goods because we will realize we were not financially able to support all the importing we've already done because our economy has been based nearly entirely on services (and debt) and we don't manufacture anything of value to export with the rest of the world. (besides complex financial instruments)

Anyway, to think China needs us is a dangerous belief to hold because it's not true and has been propagated because it gives people a sense of security. Maybe it was true some time ago, but today, not so much.

Take care of yourselves...

hardhat22

but about China needing us to buy their shit, I don't agree.
Can't argue with much you've said,but,considering the fact that our economic indicators on consumer spending are based almost entirely on Wal-Mart quarterly earnings,I have some doubts about Chinas economy still standing if Wal-Mart was to go tits-up.It would be devastating,but interesting to see the outcome once the dust settles. I believe I read that 88% of Wal-Marts cheaply made crap comes from China?
I'd give anything to see America return to a manufacturing base though.
Peace

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
LOL at your first sentence. It's hilarious that it's pretty much the state of affairs!
Yea but anyway my point was that China's producers don't need the US to get that shit sold, and they can just bump down production until things start to smooth out. We're all going to feel pain in the near future, the Chinese included.
The Chinese economy is set for a boom (or at least a more comfortable recession) after the years of saving and building an economy of manufacturing, providing something of value on the world market. Their industries and people have enough resources to shift some of those products from us to their own people.
Wal-Marts are located all over the world, BTW, and not sure that it will ever go tits-up based on that and the fact that even in a massively depressed economy here at home, people will be buying some shit at their stores.
meh, who knows?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm American. I lived overseas the first 18 years of my life. As a culture we have a bad false sense of security IMHO. Unfortunately, I feel we are about to be humbled in the coming years. The 10% inflation and 17% interest rates of the Carter years will have been a walk in the park.

danut

However from my very limited understanding of the issue, this is exactly what people fear is that the system they are trying to impose with have minimal benefit to the average person yet certain corps will get rich off it - all at the tax payer's expense of course.
Yep .. that pretty much sums it up.

By this time every group that is being attempted to be "regulated" has paid to have it's special protections built into the proposed law.

And what's worse is that our government has now came up with an entirely new way to put it's citizens in jail. So if we don't like the result of this pork fest they can shut us up in a cell until we learn to love the bomb.

Trust our government? Sure .. and marijuana has no medical benefit. I know because the FDA says so.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Yep. Creating new ways to make people criminals is the name of the game for politicians. It keeps them in jobs!

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Yep. Creating new ways to make people criminals is the name of the game for politicians. It keeps them in jobs!

Yep and the lawyers....too many of them..they all make money out of criminals it's the same here in the U.K. They need the criminal fraternity to stay employed !

hardhat22

I don't know, I have a real problem believing this admin really cares about my health when I take into consideration the things they fight for,or refuse to acknowledge.
After the obvious lunacy they called cash for clunkers,they've come up with the idea of cash for appliances that follows along with cheneys energy policies. They're spending money in a way that suggests there is a limitless supply and all they have to do is print more. It's madness. Here is the latest example of liberals wasting dollars that we don't have;
"SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers."

Thats right,they are taking money from the communications sector that we pay to our phone companies and buying cell phones to give away. This comes with free minutes that are renewable monthly for free and will roll over.Here is how the FCC says it's paid for by us with the universal service fees we pay each month on our bills.; "Some consumers may notice a “Universal Service” line item on their telephone bills. This line item appears when a company chooses to recover its USF contributions directly from its customers by billing them this charge. The FCC does not require this charge to be passed on to customers. Each company makes a business decision about whether and how to assess charges to recover its Universal Service costs. These charges usually appear as a percentage of the consumer’s phone bill."

Sorry,but this is completely absurd to say that Americans have a "right" to cell phones even if they can't afford it. It's just as absurd as the idea that Americans are entitled to health insurance. I kinda wish they would bundle access to MMJ into this bill.There are enough conservative democrats out there to fight it on that stipulation alone. On a side note,I'm one of those crazy Americans that teach my kids that Robin Hood is a low-life thief and two wrongs will never equal a right.
Peace

hilbie

guys according to the mayan calender the period of ''change'' started in 3114 bc. and ends 2012, interesting that obama ran on ''change'' when u think about this, and keep in mind that in this age of the mayan cycle of creation consciousness is chaning every 365 days and as u all may know there 7 days n six nights for each level of time in mayan thinking, the previous cycle consciousness changed every 20.2 years or something like that and if u add it up lasted 260 years roughly ,the presnet started in 1999 and ends soon, each time u go up a one level of the nine levels of conscious creation in mayan thinking it speeds up 20 times, the next cycle will start feb 10, 2011 and consciousness globally will be changing every 20 days, we really havent seen nothing yet and everything is going to get much better, and sooooo much faster, some people will flip out but most will be great, u dont have to worry at all, long before 2012 you will see so many people seem to over night ''get it'' that never seemed before to take there head oout of there capitilistic greedy pig ingnorant ass. the future looks very bright, 2012 is the time when u realize we co create all that we see and the thinking since plato n aristotle that culture cant exist without slaves should be a thing of the past-

but concerning people right to free health care, says who? were all adults, we all live in the first person at best if were smart enough, nobody forced u to ruin your health with crap food fat lazy americans, the crash with the economy comes witht the crash of the general publics health, coincidence, nope. out with the old in with the new, sooooo many changes are coming- the present system is based on hype and is free of grace n compassion, but grace n compassion are actually going to be back in fashion and the whole world will be the wiser, theres just no other way, the white man is being forced to do whats right, true will have to hear him claim he saved the day that he ruined but oh well-

danut

I hear the sound of rocks sliding toward water.

It seems to be picking up speed. Best advised to stay out of the way.

NEWS FROM NORML
The Missouri Affiliate of The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws

For Immediate Release:
Wednesday, January 20, 2010

For More Information Contact:
Dan Viets, Missouri NORML Coordinator, 573-819-2669

MEDICAL MARIJUANA BILL FILED
WITH BI-PARTISAN SPONSORSHIP

A bill to permit Missouri citizens whose doctors believe they benefit from the use of marijuana as medicine to do so without fear of criminal prosecution and imprisonment has been filed by Representative Kate Meiners of Kansas City. The bill has more sponsors than ever before, with 16 House members signing onto the bill, including Republican Representative Robert Schaaf, a physician from St. Joseph.
Fourteen states and the District of Columbia now have laws which permit patients to use marijuana as medicine with the approval of their doctors. Just this week, New Jersey’s legislature passed such a bill and the Governor has announced his intention to sign it. A few weeks ago, Congress voted to allow the D.C. Medical Marijuana Initiative to take effect there.

In past years, when the bill had only Democratic sponsorship, House Speaker Ron Richard failed to assign the bill to a committee. With the bipartisan sponsorship the bill now has, it is hoped that the Speaker will assign the bill to a committee promptly and allow it an opportunity to be heard.

Similar legislation is pending in many other state legislatures across the country. The Illinois Senate passed a medical marijuana bill last year and it is now pending before the House in that state.

A few months ago, the American Medical Association (AMA) reversed its longstanding opposition to the use of marijuana as medicine. The AMA now supports allowing marijuana to be prescribed and acknowledges that it has proven medical use. Medical marijuana legislation is also supported by the American College of Physicians, American Nurses Association and dozens of other major professional and health-related
organizations.

House Bill 1670 would place the issue before Missouri voters in November of 2011. In 1994, the Missouri Senate passed SCR 14 which called on Congress to make marijuana available for medical use. Under current Missouri law, doctors are allowed to prescribe cocaine, opium, methamphetamine and hundreds of other potentially dangerous addictive drugs. Supporters of the bill say it is absurd to not trust those same doctors with the ability to authorize their patients to also use a relatively safe and non-addictive substance like cannabis. Polls have strong majority support for the measure among Missouri voters.

danut

I'll say it again ..

Include mmj in the health care bills and they will pass. And they will pass FAST!

danut

Debating the cost of health care in the United States while ignoring medical marijuana is a complete waste of time.

What's more, failure to include medical marijuana in the debate will cause the current bill to fail passage.

How bad do you want this bill?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
This is the start. Want to see how it plays out? Look at the UK. It's a bankrupt, Police state.
So's the U.S.... You just have to chip the media shine off of it. It's already a police state and bankrupt.

Don't believe me? Watch the vids in my sig.... it's all there, plain as day. *sigh*

Stay Safe! :tree: :blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts