What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Watch out for me once I get my camera and take a plane trip. I know MAD peeps in NYC. I take the ill pick of that REAL PIFF. Puday........

G

LOL oh man Im gettin like 2z's today and I think I may have to return it. :bashhead:

Lune's shit looks like mine does always. And mine dries out. And mine just gets me high but not like the ron lol. Or the crack.........yup i've tried it so what lol. Its just weed and its good but so is my widow or ak. This puday stuff may exist and I'm gonna look into this some more but the shit i get is just week. I mean I look at in with a microscope and it looks fine. I guess im taking a piss test soon for the goof.

Test coming. I'm gonna puff a half zip of this shit and then take a test..PHUCK IT. Next thing you know im gettin bundles of ron and robbing CVS's. :spank:

G

grapepunched

yo i've smoke "haze" in the bronx, long island, manhattan, brooklyn, and uptown nyc and the only good haze i got was from buffalo, NY. they called it piff, and it got me high, and not like crack or ron, but an intense trippy long-lasting high that was thoroughly enjoyable. the taste was unforgettable, not like my SSH but more tropical and hazey if that makes any sense.

the buds were probably picked at like 55 days seeing as the nugs looked like they could have benefitted from another 2 weeks on the plant, but all in all a good high and taste that i would love to enjoy more regularly.

as a matter of fact, this dude that worked at the belnord hotel in manahattan hooked us up with a nugget of "Haze" that tasted similar to the Haze in upstate, though his Haze was more soapy tasting and had that weird sweet haze smell and taste.

this was back in 2004, August.

-gp

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
GDB said:
What's the smell like with this stuff?

I posted this in another thread, but I am sure that we are all on the same page...

"I have never smoked super silver haze to my knowlege, but I used to get "Haze" uptown NYC for like 8 years w/o ever smelling anything like it. I used to call it "Garbage", cause it smelled like a flowery yard on Staten Island (HUGE landfill) on a warm day. It was absolutely the strongest bud that I have ever had. As it was commercial, I have to assume that whomever grows it goes less than 12 wks. I hope that I can find something that blows my mind like that bud in SSH/spice. They stopped serving me when Guliani cracked down lol. Brickweed has me reminiscing ...."

I got some bud tonite w/o any hype that has a similar scent. NO WHERE near the old 20's. That was by far the best herb I have ever smoked. I never saw laced weed uptown, and as a youth, I made the trip weekly for mids/schwag + 20's. I never paid attention to what they called it. Sometimes the 20's would come with 10's stapled to em.......The racing feeling, numbness, face flushing is for real. If I hadn't smoked during the same day that I got the bud, I was NON-FUNCTIONAL for 2-3 hours. Only hash has done that to me. I have only been growing a lil bit, but I need that "Garbage" in my life...
:rasta:

Budsmith

Here in NC we would take trips to NYC to cop BAGS of that "piff"... I highly doubt, if not totally doubt, that this shit was laced. I'm not saying that the other posters didn't have laced weed but in my experience with what they called "piff" or "purple haze" it was always a pleasant experience. Man I miss that shit.... nice smoke. Mr. Tristate NICE plant and if it is that piff well damn... you one lucky sonofa... lol. I wouldn't mind gettin' my hands on some seeds if they were to be made... that shit is killa.

here's an update, did you all just totally ignore what I said? the solution they soak it in has NOTHING to do with another drug, it is a chemical solution that can be compiled with things easily picked up around a hardware store/cleaning store. So let me say again: THERE-IS-NO-DRUGS-BEING-LACED, it is a CHEMICAL solution that is sprayed/soaked into the NICE haze buds you would normally smoke. If anyone of you have been to a jail in the northeast, ask any gangmember in there about the haze, and they'll tell you it has "the soultion" on it. If you havent been to jail, (hopefully you wont) talk to someone you know who has, or a ghetto street dealer that actually has an IQ about the haze, and they'll tell you its chemically enhanced....honestly i dont really care if you're ignorant on the subject or not, but keep smokin the crack haze.

loyalty7

what's up i'm from the bronx and since the mid 90's been smoking that uptown haze that has made it's way up from florida, and is basically everywhere. I recently went to amsterdam looking for the uptown haze genetics that are in the heights. to my dissapointment i didn't find anything close to any of the hazes in new york. in my circle we've always talked about the haze being laced with something. over the years the quality is gettibg worst and worst. back in the day when haze first came out, as soon as you lit it your car would smell like a strong church insence. if its not laced why didn't i find anything like it in amsterdam, i tried every haze that i can find even spoke with dna to see if they could help me out. basically i was dying to come home to my blunt of uptown haze. have grown out a few hazes and still cant get that smell, it usually smells a little fruity and like mangoes then that dark musty smell, and the high is like nothing out there. have smoked bubba kush, og kush, sour diesel, and recently s.d x chemdog. and they really can't compare. if anyone knows the lineage or has grown elvis and can compare smoke reports. would love to here about it.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
"Interesting" discussion.. Ill think that I wouldnt buy anything kind "green" that produces the kind of effects people have described here! Many previous posters have explained about odd side effects which no doubt are produced by some chemical (chemicals most likely)

The soaking heroin from clothes -theory might be on the right track. However, this process must leave some chemical into the mix which makes people feel uncomfortable! Let me remind you, that heroin speeds your brains dopamine production and makes you feel real good and I really mean real good!!!!

You only got bad effects from heroin/ophiates if you over do them, or you are in rehab :D

However, what makes me more convinienced that it has ophiates in it is that PIG who went and bought a piss test and "scored" positive for ophiates & weed was getting very angry easily at the following days. When ophiates starts to remove from your body you first start to feel real tired & powerless, then you are getting feel sweaty, but cold at the same time :fsu: this is when you get real tight and start loosing your temper with little things. <- This is why I believe it has ophiates in it!

Has anyone of you guys/gals noticed similar after effects? Let´s say you have smoked this "weed" the whole week and then it runs out. Have you noticed anything?

You dont have to take any ophiates long before you get detox effects. Is anyones stomach sick feeling diarrhea?

Anyways, I wouldnt smoke any of that shit if it gets me effects like those described by previous posters :2cents:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
reality check dr.dick-- last i checked this thread has been hijacked by people like you talking about laced bud. i dont give a fuck about morons lacing their pot. i just want to see the grow thread on the bagseed he found. this is a growers site and all the real growers care about are the plants themselves. not what some fuckhead gang member in jail says about uptown haze. sorry buddy. i dont have breeding discussions with gangbangers or ex-cons too often. maybe start a new thread on how bud is laced/sprayed/soaked/nutted on if you know so much about it.
Dr Herbivore said:
here's an update, did you all just totally ignore what I said? the solution they soak it in has NOTHING to do with another drug, it is a chemical solution that can be compiled with things easily picked up around a hardware store/cleaning store. So let me say again: THERE-IS-NO-DRUGS-BEING-LACED, it is a CHEMICAL solution that is sprayed/soaked into the NICE haze buds you would normally smoke. If anyone of you have been to a jail in the northeast, ask any gangmember in there about the haze, and they'll tell you it has "the soultion" on it. If you havent been to jail, (hopefully you wont) talk to someone you know who has, or a ghetto street dealer that actually has an IQ about the haze, and they'll tell you its chemically enhanced....honestly i dont really care if you're ignorant on the subject or not, but keep smokin the crack haze.

loyalty7 said:
what's up i'm from the bronx and since the mid 90's been smoking that uptown haze that has made it's way up from florida, and is basically everywhere. I recently went to amsterdam looking for the uptown haze genetics that are in the heights. to my dissapointment i didn't find anything close to any of the hazes in new york. in my circle we've always talked about the haze being laced with something. over the years the quality is gettibg worst and worst. back in the day when haze first came out, as soon as you lit it your car would smell like a strong church insence. if its not laced why didn't i find anything like it in amsterdam, i tried every haze that i can find even spoke with dna to see if they could help me out. basically i was dying to come home to my blunt of uptown haze. have grown out a few hazes and still cant get that smell, it usually smells a little fruity and like mangoes then that dark musty smell, and the high is like nothing out there. have smoked bubba kush, og kush, sour diesel, and recently s.d x chemdog. and they really can't compare. if anyone knows the lineage or has grown elvis and can compare smoke reports. would love to here about it.

get in contact w. local growers. amsterdam has alot of recycled genetics (NL, skunk, nevilles,etc...)

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
try some mango haze from mr. nice. ;) id take it over most top shelf uptown hazes, however ive had some damn fine haze hybrids out of the heights in my day. its just as good if not better then 99% of whats out there. the brown poppy puday etc is not even what im talking about. its what the thread starter is growing tho, and i am anxious to see how it turns out :) should be some beautiful spicy sativa but yup gonna go 90+ for sure. like i said man if u want haze on par with what u are used to try the mango haze from nice and keep an eye out for romulator's ssh cut, it turns purple and is great haze work cuz it finishes in like 60 daze turns purple and makes nice buds all the way down :) great plant, but cant touch mango.
loyalty7 said:

Great Information being spread around, PIF Haze is not a legend it is for REAL! and one of the TOP 3 strains on the PLANET. Now you have to understand their are alot of Fake/watered down indica Hazes on the Streets. But once you find real Pif you know it no matter the color/pheno, and the people that have the PIF allways have the PIF in its many forms. This will be the Thread of the Ages if your buds turn out to be the Real deal Washington Heights Pif. I had a few Dominican Friends/connects that had the Pif uptown for years and then they went upstate to try and grow it commercially and lets just say it did not work out. Good Luck Bro I am Cheering for you.

PS the vials that are sold on the streets for $20 where the pif seems to float in the vial are NOT grams more like .6's. Weight is everywhere uptown and you do not need to speak spanish just be street savy and on your toes for uptown hustles/scams. Ounces are anywhere from $425-525 straight fire 1800qp 6300 lb it is around heavy seems like thier is more weight of Haze around uptown than Reg/Mexi Brick lol. Keep it Green and believe the Tri State is tuned in.

L

Lune TNS

Having just smoked a couple of grams of piff last night with some friends (with some other strains too), I can honestly say that this herb is not laced. I can also say that it's just as good as it was 3 years ago, it's the same churchy-goodness.

dutchmasters420

Thats crazy but it seems like the haze I'm getting(which is from the bronx) but its smooth as hell, delicous, good tasting, burns to a nice white ash, not harsh no throat burn or anything just gets me nice and high seems like weed no other buzz. I get jack herer haze alot too(poplular commercial strain around here) and it has the haze smell just not straight haze and it looks very jacky. This makes me really not think that the haze(atleast the kind I'm smoking) has nothing done to it. I'm sure theirs one kind of haze thats your talking about thats fucked with, but I've say all of hte haze I've smoked in my life seems fine, no side effects nothing.

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
you being white will never get a deal. makes it not worth it unless u do speak spanish. you get .6 jars cuz yer white. period. ive never seen a vial in WH of good 'piff' that was under .9...then again my homie spoke fluent spanish and was tight with people up there. i used to live virtually there around the turn of te century. weight of the good was not easy to come by. and any grower with any smarts isnt gonna deal with all this hassle for a couple dubs. the weight u speak of being in such abundance is the brown garbage. the blockwork is rare to find in w8 form as any old joe. and yes its 400-600 no matter who you know. if you are white theyll sell u inferior piff or yes brown laced with wet for that same figure. this is my last off topic post in this thread. lets see some plant pics :)
PhillyPride said:
PS the vials that are sold on the streets for $20 where the pif seems to float in the vial are NOT grams more like .6's. Weight is everywhere uptown and you do not need to speak spanish just be street savy and on your toes for uptown hustles/scams. Ounces are anywhere from $425-525 straight fire 1800qp 6300 lb it is around heavy seems like thier is more weight of Haze around uptown than Reg/Mexi Brick lol. Keep it Green and believe the Tri State is tuned in.

Last edited:

xOOx

so we all agree that the piff haze high definately is:

quite enjoyable
NO negative or pain sensations
soaring yet at the same time couch locked frozen in a sea of thought, but not paralized
with some face numbness
some heart racing (mainly in the beginning, if over done)
sensations of warmth
extreminty tingling
light green in color,
has a very unique odor, that does not have any pine tree/xmas tree smell at all
very smooth smoke and or light fruityish smoke?

i've had stuff like this above from nyc and the buzz was just that, very enjoyabe, long lasting, and almost spiritual where your mind goes. these are the high types of the seeds ive saved, if there ever was one in a bag, which was rare. i'm almost hoping this girl i've been keeping is this piff in a way, but no way to tell unless someone posts a picture of a known one, i will post some recent pics of my bagseed girl in the tri-state thread in a little bit, still hoping someone might ID it as familiar.

to continue..

we all agree piff haze is definately not:

that dark brown
throat burning
plastic smell or bad smell when burned
makes your limbs feel like they are in pain,
itching yourself during the experience,
feeling overall uncomfortable and hoping the feeling just goes away as soon as it came on which is immediately during your exhale
is NOT laced with any other KNOWN drug, but
nicknamed 'manhatten brown'
is chemical soaked with secret ghetto brew of home depot products (paint thinners? cleaners? driveway sealers, bug sprays? who knows, ha)
yeah some might be thinking this is just super potent herb, and there is no chemical dip, but everyone can probably get a tolerance to the above adulterants just as easily as weed over time

but does it really exist? i sure smoked something like this that i wouldn't want to ever touch again.
now i'm confused!

but as one other poster said, this was suppose to be a grow thread for the real piff,

where's the updates..i'm really interested.

xoox

G

loyalty7 said:

i haven't grown the elvis but we used to get p's from out west outdoor stuff and it was fucking dank...really potent...some of the most potent head hittin weed i've ever smoked...i've smoked quite a few...and if you want a real haze look for the posi haze cut i have had and is floating around here and there...it's a 65-70 day intense haze smelling/tasting...dat shit people down the street can smell and know u blazin haze...bottom line is elvis is dank as shit better than any sourd or sourd cross i've ever grown...my 2cents

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah, sorry for my previous offtopic, but people smoking shit like that is crazy!

And back to the NYH cannabis discussion..

Here´s some hazehybrids for eyecandy :D

Neville´s Haze (Mr Nice)

Original Haze x SK#1 (Cultivators Choice)

I strongly recommend both of them!

Peace :wave: