What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need a little help with medicine

superpedro

Veteran
Hi.

My dad´s cancer has spread. He's dying and suffers from pain from primarily bone-cancer. Along with that, he´s dealing with very low appetite.
Cannabis has always been an avoided topic since he was very much against it. But a documentary he happened to see the other day, made him realize a few things.

It's been years since I had an indoor grow. I supply myself with a few autos, grown outdoors every spring.
In my current stash, the only cbd strain I´ve got is the auto strain called "Stress Killer" from RQS. Is that worth trying?

Second, and most importantly. He doesn't want to smoke.
I know how to make iso-oil, and would like to make som drops for oral intake. What should I use as a "solvent"? Is there something I could add for taste?
How much should he start out with?

I own a vaporizer. He would probably prefer drops, but if you rate vape to be much better, I would like to have him try it anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Use ethanol, not iso. Much healthier, though more expensive.

Raise his pH and the cancer will slow down. Keep it in the healthy alkaline range. (look up baking soda and molasses) No refined sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils or artificial/heavily-processed foods.

Find their blood type and load up on beneficial foods, especially those listed as cancer superbeneficial.

Should you have plenty of oil, there are people who've had great success with an 1/8th cup of un-decarbed oil daily. Decarboxylation will make it orally active and the dosage will have to be much smaller.

I add a bit of olive oil to the ethanol extraction, before the last of the ethanol is gone. About 1/3rd the volume of cannabis oils in olive oil. Can be put on toast, under the tongue or whatever is convenient.

Start with TINY amounts to detect tolerance, you cannot UN-take the oil so be very careful at first.

Kudos on your parent for the enlightenment, hope it goes well. :)

superpedro

Veteran
Use ethanol, not iso. Much healthier, though more expensive.

Raise his pH and the cancer will slow down. Keep it in the healthy alkaline range. (look up baking soda and molasses) No refined sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils or artificial/heavily-processed foods.

Find their blood type and load up on beneficial foods, especially those listed as cancer superbeneficial.

Should you have plenty of oil, there are people who've had great success with an 1/8th cup of un-decarbed oil daily. Decarboxylation will make it orally active and the dosage will have to be much smaller.

I add a bit of olive oil to the ethanol extraction, before the last of the ethanol is gone. About 1/3rd the volume of cannabis oils in olive oil. Can be put on toast, under the tongue or whatever is convenient.

Start with TINY amounts to detect tolerance, you cannot UN-take the oil so be very careful at first.

Kudos on your parent for the enlightenment, hope it goes well. :)
Thx for your answer.
All your ideas are much appreciated. :comfort:

I never tried ethanol extraction. Is it the same as iso-alcohol? (2-minute shake, filter, evaporate)

I need to do the decarboxylation-thing. Only got one jar in my stash. Would you recommend using an oven, or is there a better method?

I've tried an alcohol tincture before. As I recall, it worked really fast. Almost like smoking. Is it the same if you use raw or mixed with olive oil?

It's the strangest thing. Making cannabis medicine for my father, who has been anything but positive about it, the 45 years I've known him.
This is the one good thing in all of this. Not being allowed to help when I knew I might be able to, really sucked..
Hate to see that old sweet fool suffer :(

Thx again!

superpedro

Veteran
Sure, try the auto you mentioned. I've had good success from fresh leaf juicing mixed in with other juices....helps a patient of mine with pain and sleep.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=294656

You can do glycerin or alcohol tinctures too....drop under the tongue, in liquids.
Good luck and healing thoughts!
That's really interesting!
Strong doubt he will remain among us, to see spring and fresh leaves..
But I will bookmark the link for my own experience.:)

About the tinctures. Does glycerin "hide" the taste a bit, or is it just the same?

Thx :)

All ideas welcome

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey Pedro,

you need to read this thread.

Holy Shit! Holy Anointing Oil

full of good information. best of luck helping your dad. at worst the cannabis will make him hungry and lift his mood, help him sleep, use less pain meds.
at best, it will actually help reduce the cancer. there are no guarantees, but the info gathered in that thread is invaluable imo.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's really interesting!
Strong doubt he will remain among us, to see spring and fresh leaves..
But I will bookmark the link for my own experience.:)

About the tinctures. Does glycerin "hide" the taste a bit, or is it just the same?

Thx :)

All ideas welcome

Glycerin is sweeter....if you make it from dried leaves/bud....soak until water is clear (can soak and drain 4x a day....then mix with vegetable glycerin.....or nuke the leaves/material a bit, then rinse).When you do that, it gets that gnarly hay taste out. It helps to camouflage in juice or coffee, tea. Under the tongue, it immediately goes into blood stream. 4-5 drops works well!

Others great ideas!!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yes, 2-5 minute soak is fine, same as iso.

Carrier oils are much more effective when they're compatible with the patient's blood type. I use Olive oil as a general oil for everyone except those with allergies to olive. (they do exist)

Wendull C.

Veteran
My hunting buddy died of bone cancer, though we didn't cure him a couple ounces of og kush a week improved his time left, made him gain 30 pounds before the end and according to him helped his pain more than oxycontin and diauladid that he had grown accustomed to.

I know many push the cbd but those strains didn't help him as much as just the most potent pot available.

This man was a lifetime pot smoker and could handle THC just for reference.

I truly hope you can help your father and wish you well on your endeavor.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My hunting buddy died of bone cancer, though we didn't cure him a couple ounces of og kush a week improved his time left, made him gain 30 pounds before the end and according to him helped his pain more than oxycontin and diauladid that he had grown accustomed to.

I know many push the cbd but those strains didn't help him as much as just the most potent pot available.

This man was a lifetime pot smoker and could handle THC just for reference.

I truly hope you can help your father and wish you well on your endeavor.

^^^^ Yes, any relief from symptoms might help.
Sorry to hear Wendull.

Latest posts

Latest posts