What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trumps wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
This shall not be a pro or contra Trump thread! I as a german ask myself, is it posible to build a wall of 3000 miles or something? In Germany we had a wall of maybe 700 Kilometers between east and west Germany but I cant imagine that the US can guard the whole thousends of miles? He just said in his newest press conference, that he will build the wall.

What do you think, is it possible?

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
sure it's possible .... look at china's great wall....
Personally i feel borders are a thing to be respected.
Here on the northern border with the U.S. , there is no "wall" persay. There is very high tech security in place however.
I do know that as a Canadian , if i decide to walk down to zero avenue and simply cross the grass median to the other side.... I'm going to get caught and am going to get arrested.... wall or no wall. An example recently that was on the news about a young man that was border jumping on his motorcycle between washington state and abbotsford BC, canada. There was a man hunt and major police pursuit over 40 kilometers before he was caught and arrested in a busy shopping mall. Made the news for several days. So if it's a big deal here on the northern border.... so it should be on the mexican border.
crossing the border is illegal and every country has a right to do what ever is necessary to protect thier nation from illegal border crossers. If it takes a wall, then build it. there's many countries in this world where they will simply shoot you for illegally crossing the border.

rolandomota

A wall wont do much just waste money and increase profits from smuggling. Those coyotes (smugglers) will use this to charge more money for thier guide services

Its mostly for show/propaganda. They've been building the wall for the past decade. Mexicans still cross it every day. They wrote the book on tunnel digging, mind you. Israel and neighbors took note.

Truthful

I wonder how much better this country would be now if the Native Americans had that kind of wall built before the white settlers showed up?

Ready4

Veteran
Ask a civil engineer about "The Wall" - see how hard they laugh. Let us hope ( and pray if you want !) that is the most stupid idea that we ever hear from now on forward.
France built a wall called the Maginot Line, refer to history text for how well that went...

To be even marginally effective, the cost would bankrupt every citizen of the USA.
The scapegoating of people from Mexico is ridiculous. How many citizens of our USA will work hard physical labor jobs ????? Just imagine anyone you know picking vegetables or fruit for their job.
Got a construction company that needs good workers for a hard labor job ? Need somone to carry bricks or help with completing a large commercial roof ? Good luck, most of my fellow citizens are "allergic" to hard labor jobs.

Every nation on this planet , that has an economy better than their neighbors, has illegal immigration/workers. Something "The Wall" supporters are not aware of...

The only "The Wall" that deserves serious thought is Pink Floyd's

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Gentleman, thanks for the answers. I thought about a lot of walls either, the limes, the Adrian wall. Physicly it´s never 100%. It never could work in that sizes in america I think. Ist more Propaganda I think also.

main_900.jpg

Past 10 years at least they've been playing this game theyre just using trumps dumbass as a scapegoat/distraction.

FireIn.TheSky

The great Wall of Trump.

We need a wall, followed by a mote filled with alligators, sharks, and venomous snakes, then after that we need spike filled pits and other assorted boobies traps. We need drones patrolling the skies above and we'll armed border patrol on the ground ready to shoot any violators of our border.

If you try to violate the border of pretty much any other country on earth you can be beheaded, shot, imprisoned etc..why should the US be any different.

You think Mexico would take kindly to millions of Americans flooding into their country year after year, sucking up their tax money, stealing their jobs and using their resources.

Fuck no. This land should be secured for future generations of American born children, birthright liberty.

Any communist POS that thinks the US should have an open door to all trash the planet wants to hand us should just move to canada, or mexico or even north korea. See ya later

If you want to come in, come in legally no more border hopping.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'm for building a wall...

I'm for building a wall...

The great Wall of Trump.

We need a wall, followed by a mote filled with alligators, sharks, and venomous snakes, then after that we need spike filled pits and other assorted boobies traps. We need drones patrolling the skies above and we'll armed border patrol on the ground ready to shoot any violators of our border.

If you try to violate the border of pretty much any other country on earth you can be beheaded, shot, imprisoned etc..why should the US be any different.

You think Mexico would take kindly to millions of Americans flooding into their country year after year, sucking up their tax money, stealing their jobs and using their resources.

Fuck no. This land should be secured for future generations of American born children, birthright liberty.

Any communist POS that thinks the US should have an open door to all trash the planet wants to hand us should just move to canada, or mexico or even north korea. See ya later

:woohoo: $100 a truck coming over the border should pay it off in just over two years

Cannavore

Veteran
i wasn't going to say anything until FITS mentioned me by name lol.....

-illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare. they pay income, sales, and property taxes, and are not eligible for federal or state programs or benefits.

-the border is already secure... so secure that arrests have been dropping because of the effectiveness it's had in recent years.

-there are 11.1 million undocumented immigrants in the US at 3.5% of the population. that number has remained unchanged since 2009. and it peaked under W Bush in 2007 with 12.2 million accounting for 4% of the population.

-obama has set the record on deportations

-a huge % of "illegal immigrants" from mexico are overstays. meaning they are flying into this country legally and not crossing the border on the ground. a border wall would do very little.

Wendull C.

Veteran
i wasn't going to say anything until FITS mentioned me by name lol.....

-illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare. they pay income, sales, and property taxes, and are not eligible for federal or state programs or benefits.

-the border is already secure... so secure that arrests have been dropping because of the effectiveness it's had in recent years.

-there are 11.1 million undocumented immigrants in the US at 3.5% of the population. that number has remained unchanged since 2009. and it peaked under W Bush in 2007 with 12.2 million accounting for 4% of the population.

-obama has set the record on deportations

-a huge % of "illegal immigrants" from mexico are overstays. meaning they are flying into this country legally and not crossing the border on the ground. a border wall would do very little.

You believe that? Want to buy a bridge? I got one real cheap...

Green Squall

I'm against illegal immigration but I'm also against a wall. Sounds like a total waste of money and it will forever be known as "Trumps Wall of Hate." I think we need to focus more on technology to help secure the boarder using drones, cameras, sensors and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.