What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boss Frost the frost boss

I was gonna say from your original description of the parent it sounds like it could be GG#4. Do you have any old pics?

This strain sounds like a winner. Congrats!

Picarus

I have a ton of pics. what would you like to see? I have the original fake (or not) gg#4, and a whole bunch of boss frost aka grease monkey 2.0.

Picarus

Well the Grease monkey 2.0's run as the terp champ has come to an end. She has been officially overtaken by her daughter "Nightcap" with a flower test of 8.1% total terpene concentration!
Nightcap is (Blackberry kush x Oger99) x ( Fake gg#4 s1 aka Boss Frost aka Grease Monkey 2.0).

Attachments

• chart-6.jpg
    chart-6.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well let the DNA show the proof... could be gg4 but I saw alot of the fake glues from s1s that are pretty great to and look spot on gg4... the minty you spoke about I've def seen in a few ppls glue s1s... so maybe what you got is glue s1 mistaken as the 4 taken to s2 by you???? Regardless that's a special girl Ya got there

Picarus

Bear Jew, the Night Cap is consistently around 28-31% total cannabinoids. The Boss Frost has tested consistently 26-28% total cannabinoids.

Stoney917, that could be spot on! The guys I got the cut from have always had every legit cut instantly so generally I would say it has to be what they say it is. They also said it was GG but may have been another# ? but I have read the thread and the know how the story goes.... She has randomly caused a few seeds here and there in most of the other cultivars Ive grown with here so I am slowly growing these out. Thats where the Night cap came from. Nice thing is the Nightcap does not throw bananas but all the a pinene goodness was passed on. Next up is Ghost Train Haze x Boss Frost.

Picarus

The galaxy also came back to confirm it is a direct relative of GG4. So could be s1 or s2 and still apply. Well big thanks goes to JW and marrdog etc whoever else is responsible, big thanks!

Picarus

Boss Frost made it into the strongest strains on earth this month and tastiest next month if any of you can even find a copy of HT any more. I had a hard time tracking it down!

Picarus

appreciate it Kozmo! Very interesting comparing these larger data sets. You will notice that one lab is responsible for the highest 20 or so tests! In norcal, where our cup was, we tested highest overall, but came in 29th when all the different lab's data was compiled. That socal lab made a lot of contestants very happy!
Knowing for sure now that our sample was the #1 highest cannabinoid, and based on next months issue, was the #1 Terpene tester for our region as well, there is no doubt these results played zero% in the cups outcome. I was kinda stunned we didnt even place, knowing how amazing Boss Frost is, and when their editor told the crowd they "pride themselves on being the only cannabis cup that uses lab data to determine winners". It is all the same old BS.
I think the lab should have a cup yearly awarding those who tested highest throughout the year. That would carry a lot more weight, imo.