What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mexican Brick Weed

Longcock

I hope Mexicans get their shit together soon. They can pump out damn fine herb for cheap, I just think a lot of the old farmers may just be set in their ways hampering mass produced cheap weed.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Yeah, those and the ones marked pretendica

Wow, very impressive. How'd that xmas tree smoke?Did it have that imfamous central american haziness to the smell? It looks like some fine sativa bud.

The dried buds of xmas tree in your other album look a lot like my highland mexican x blueberry buds, that must be some traditional mexican sativa.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I wonder how hard it is to find the actual good old school type stuff in mexico

I'd like to see what type of marijuana is grown in and around remote parts of mexico that is sold to ppl that live there.

There's got to be some subsistence farmers in the remote parts that grow and inbreed the same variety year after year.

From my very limited experience I find herb containing mexican, panama and columbia genetics to share very similar qualities to the smoke. All of the commercially available seed strains I have tried containing these genetics have a light smoke incensy type smell.

jay sus

it´s bit hard to define mexican weed for there is so much cultivation in mexico. and for a long time. same in india. huge countries, different climes, hunderds and thousands of cultivars. in some areas there may be own cultivar for each family/clan... i only have encountered mexi brick once in nyc. 1/4 oz brown, lightly seeded compressed bud. no aroma, some buzz

Longcock

Jay sus. It is not hard to define Mexican weed. Mexican brick weed is what it is. Its mass produced bricks that many smokers should know about. Saying its hard to define is just muddying the waters and counter productive to what I want to see in this thread. Of course there is a wide variety of Mexican weed. Id like to see some brick pics and known source location if possible and prices of todays Mexican Bricks. Back when I started smoking this was all that was bought and sold commercially until about 97 in my area. Then the KB/nugs/beaster/kind bud/AAA whatever you want to call it started taking over.

psychicpilot

Mexican brick quality sometimes depends on the the size of the containers or plastic its packed into. So you get different quality from different parts of the brick, depending on size of package. I have also heard sometimes the bud on the outer side of packages may be sprayed down or something to help mask smell; and that the buds packed closer to the middle cured better, so where usually always better quality. I don't know I could be wrong.

I grew up smoking Mexican bag weed and can recall getting the famous "Lima Limon". It was epic back in the day in high school. Pretty sure some of the best pot I've smoked was that, as well as other early 90's Mexican bag weed. But we also used to got a lot of bags with "chingos of cocos", coco's is what we called seeds. It is actually pretty ridiculous thinking about it now how many seeds we threw away all through high school . Thousands of seeds between 4 or 5 of us probably. Oh well.

S

sourpuss

Yup high grade sativa seeds from the 90s makes me sick the thought of the genetics tossed away.... althought back then those plants we woulda said they take too long and grow too big haha...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Jay sus. It is not hard to define Mexican weed. Mexican brick weed is what it is. Its mass produced bricks that many smokers should know about. Saying its hard to define is just muddying the waters and counter productive to what I want to see in this thread. Of course there is a wide variety of Mexican weed. Id like to see some brick pics and known source location if possible and prices of todays Mexican Bricks. Back when I started smoking this was all that was bought and sold commercially until about 97 in my area. Then the KB/nugs/beaster/kind bud/AAA whatever you want to call it started taking over.

Sorry, no pictures of the brick because I don't buy it. I do smoke on occasion, and it was all I smoked until about five years ago. I can tell you I would pay $160USD for a QP today. My state shares a border with Mexico, so it's rather cheap and easy to find. The quality varies from batch to batch. Most of the time it's a decent mid grade with earthy notes. Sometimes it's pretty good, like poorly handled high grade. As far as seeds, most of them are crushed when the brick is compressed or they are immature and not viable. The ones that do make it are usually huge. I just put this one in my PC.
IMG_20160107_230311.138.jpg

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have lived close to boarder for a long time now...theres all diff grades and a lot of hybridization going on in mexico....yeehaw

blays0r

I have lived close to boarder for a long time now...theres all diff grades and a lot of hybridization going on in mexico....yeehaw

Same here and I would tend to agree. Everything from horrible to undeniably excellent comes across the border. However, I have noted two main varieties which saturated my area: long, leafy, brown sativa with an earthy/peppery aroma and clear high (not known for high potency), and chunky, sticky, grass-green clusters with a piney aroma and a very acceptable indica stone. If you know the right people, sometimes some KILLER would show up. Super lime green, fire orange hairs, and so compact it's like a rock. An unforgettable aroma of old school skunky goodness that filled the room. Smoke a couple hits and it would stain your clothes of "hippy pot" so you reeked everywhere you went. A top notch stone-to-the-bone that lasted for hours. It was stuff that was loud in all aspects of its presentation. If I could go back in time I sure as hell would have saved clones.

Longcock

Someone's got to have pics of bricks. The border patrol seizes millions of pounds of it every year. So someone has to be smoking it. @Psychicpilot That is misinformation. Bricks do not have shitty weed on the outside of the bricks and better stuff inside. Ive gotten 5kilo bricks that were powdery mildew in the middle and non on the outside. Same weed all the way threw no matter if they were good or not. Different bricks for different weed. It doesn't matter container size at all Its wrapped up in big blocks 5-20kilogram blocks then shipped where ever, broken down into smaller quantity's, usually pounds in USA, unknown other parts of the world(guessing 1/2kilo to 1kilo packs).

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have a collection of mexi seeds from over the years..i sprout some now an then....yeehaw...most of mine came from the same source tho ...i did acquire some from a diff source tho not long ago....some of my older friends cant handle the newer stuff we grow.i am gonna ask a few more friends for some of what they got as a lot of peeps tend to save seeds....

MgoKush

Of course it is they got some contending to do now days.lol I miss the real diesel. the downtown brown the was smuggled in fuel tanker's and obviously leaked into the swagg!! LMFAO oh man that super dry spell in the 80's we'd smoke anything. Even Indiana ditch weed!! The Reagan years sucked round here real bad!!

t99

Veteran
Diesel fuel, shitty sickly sweet perfumey chemical smell, river barge mud smell, ammonia mildew, headache weed. Couldn't believe people where willing to buy it much less smoke it. But most of it was decent to great. Nice happy highs, a lot of fun! Haven't seen any in years.

Croissant

Same here and I would tend to agree. Everything from horrible to undeniably excellent comes across the border. However, I have noted two main varieties which saturated my area: long, leafy, brown sativa with an earthy/peppery aroma and clear high (not known for high potency), and chunky, sticky, grass-green clusters with a piney aroma and a very acceptable indica stone. If you know the right people, sometimes some KILLER would show up. Super lime green, fire orange hairs, and so compact it's like a rock. An unforgettable aroma of old school skunky goodness that filled the room. Smoke a couple hits and it would stain your clothes of "hippy pot" so you reeked everywhere you went. A top notch stone-to-the-bone that lasted for hours. It was stuff that was loud in all aspects of its presentation. If I could go back in time I sure as hell would have saved clones.

that lime green sounds just like the skunk I used to get in '02 I call it rks because the smell was super loud skunk ass smell. Stuff I got was grown stateside though. It was some of the best I have come across.

S

sourpuss

Musr be different living close to the border. Bet the further away u live the quality gets lower and lower as id expect the good stuff to be taken first...

Latest posts

Latest posts