What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Howard Marks Receives ICMag 420 Award finally!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
So at this years ICMag 420 cannabis cup, Howard, was recognised for his dedication and contributions to the world of cannabis. Unfortunately he was not there to receive his award. As many of you are aware Howard is quite ill.

Fortunately out of the blue a very close friend of mine has made it possible for the award to be handed to him. As it turns out he was handed his award at a live show in Exeter two days ago.

Originally I had arranged for Oldpink to hand the award over but due to illness, OP, could not make it.
Huge thanks have to go out to Barry Ashworth, Dub Pistols head honcho, for allowing the award to be presented at his show with Howard. Also huge thanks to my dear friend Jonny Rockstar, Dub Pistols guitarist, for presenting Howard with his award on behalf of Gypsy, ICMag crew and members. Howards history and friendship with the band goes back many many moons when his promoter first tour managed them.

The live show, In conversation with Mr Nice, was being professionally filmed for an upcoming documentary. We have been promised pictures and film to put up for anyone that is interested. When exactly we will receive these I am unsure. Rest assured that as soon as they are received they will be used.

In the meantime check out:

http://dubpistolsmusic.co.uk/

Last edited:

t99

Veteran
Very cool! Better health to Howard and OP, and it's great to see you posting, Clarence!

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
big thanks to Clarence for sorting this
I've been trying to get this to Howard since May
bummed I couldn't be there in person to give it to him but he got it in the end

and a big thanks to the Dub Pistols for sorting this out for me, I owe you guy's and Clarence a pint

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
That is awesome news! Thank you guys for honoring Howard! He's a character who helped shape the scene we have today, and deserves it. My only wish is that Gypsy would have been there :)

Thank you Clarence for remembering this ~ and best wishes to OldPink for better health very soon!

:tiphat:

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Its a shame G could not be there. Howard is well aware of G's situation and sent his heart felt sympathies to his situation. What a lovely fella he is.

gertnaerd

Thanks to howard,gypsy and icmag and crew, for sending our passion and love out to the world. get healthy and FREE GYPSY

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really sad to hear the cancer has not responded to treatment.

Thank you, Clarence, for making sure he got the esteemed award, not to mention praise for his passion.

Green Squall

I read an article recently where he said he took 8 weeks worth of cannabis oil in one go! I can't even imagine what that would be like.

74G

Yeah as Gaius said "Good to hear he finally got it!!!"

All the best to all and see you at 420 2016... .. .

Can't wait... .. .

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Best wishes to Howard and oldpink, may your health improve and your lives be filled with happiness!

Thanks Clarence for the update on such a cool story.

Merry Christmas Icmag!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran

Jonny Rockstar and Howard backstage with his award after the gig in Exeter, UK.

Thanks again to Dub Pistols, Barry and Jonny, for making this happen.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc2Sw7HZvZs

Howards Book, Mr Smiley by Howard Marks ' My Last Pill and Testament'. Music by the Dub Pistols ' Mucky Weekend'....

There will be more pics/ footage in the not too distant future!

Gizmo

Mr nice really deserved this price, i like the man, read his book, im sad to know he's sick, all my thought are with you Mr Marks, Mr Nice, Mr Nordle, you have all my respect.
sincerely

picture.php

CoCoSativas

I didn't know Howard marks was having health problems.

It's sad we all live and die, and there's such uncertainty as to what comes next. The circle of life is beautiful and terrible all at once. I'm not scarred of my own death, but have a hard time with the loss of others.

I try not to think that one day we will all be gone, because it's too sad for me. To think one day all the people who make my life magic will one day be gone, it's enough to really fuck me up all day. I better get off of it before it ruins my day