What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STOP BIG WEED before its too late!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I know all bout maters as I grew them commercially once.....oxheart is one of my favs..yeehaw..theres no stopping big money but you can boycott them and buy from small growers...or just grow your own

Sativan

Essentially the status of weed remains the same. Prohited from growing my own I keep doing so as if everything is as it used to be. Illegal since it is.

I won't be raided since that already happened. They know I'm not worth their time or the paperwork that's generated from a bust.

Monopoly on cannbis? That's very difficult to achieve with active competition.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
It all comes down to preference. Look at how strong the black market in Colorado is despite the fact that people can grow it and buy it legally. It blows the regulated market out of the water, and the numbers are only estimates. How people spend their money will truly determine who succeeds and who fails.

-Funk

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
We are all to blame in some way. We make concessions on laws to get them passed. There will always be greedy bastards who will screw it up for a buck! Ohio and Norml screwed the pooch hard for a couple people to make big hauls in money. Yes to start with we needed a lot of cannabis to cover the needs. (HELLO SHITTY POT) Great yields, matures fast and tastes like crap!(cookies) Give me all you can get, these people will buy anything with a cool name. (Bud Light) for example too. Things will only change when people stop buying from growers that make low quality and quantity their priority. Want to see the brakes come on in big marijuana? Demand 100% sativa genetics. Your not rushing those ladies or nuking them into huge production per plant either. Peace

Mugwump

Wow. Such angst. I agree with the craft beer analogy. Yes, Bud will buy Goose Island but more craft shops will crop up. Free markets.

I think it much more likely that the international and domestic black market cartels that are making scores of billions from cannabis today will roll back legalization and smother nascent legalization movements. Look at the trends in Holland. I'm actually shocked that things have gone as far as they have.

It's not like the current regime has clean hands; it needs a shakeup. I've tried to get organic weed for some friends suffering from neurodegenerative disease and 5/5 that I assayed (4 underground and one from a dispensary) were contaminated with organophosphates, pyrethrums, and/or fungicide. I never got around to heavy metals because, well, what would be the point.

Talk about Pfizer/Merck/Monsanto all you want...it's not like the current system is the paragon of virtue. I'd love to walk into a store and buy a high CBD strain grown by InBev. Basic corporate risk management would guarantee no contaminants.

Latest posts

Latest posts