What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed in Spain, a lot of question. Help me please, i want to know!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Hello everyone,

I'd like to make mention of an awesome person and grower from Galicia, Alex 'lamanonegra' and hoping that many people in Galicia and the Basque country and all over Spain are still growing, reproducing, sharing and enjoying all the very nice varieties he put together.

I learned tons about cannabis from him and he has my respect and love always. He's deeply missed not only by his close family but by tons of South American growers and hoping it is the same case in Spain.

Sadly, I've been away for 5 years already from my big collection of his varieties and I don't know how well the seeds are doing or even when will I be able to get them back. So my knowing others out there are enjoying these great varieties he freely shared with us always makes my day.

much peace and good health to Alex in the other world and to you all as well :)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Yeah, I agree, there are definitely worse places to live and grow than Spain, it seems only the unlucky, stupid or greedy get busted. I'm wondering how things will change with the new law though - is it in effect yet? I can't see where they'd get the budget to pursue growers anyway - that's been the best thing about the crisis for me, 2 years of no Guardia Civil helicopters flying because they can't afford it!

I don't know much about the bilbao cannabis scene but I'm only 100km to the east so when I want some culture (there's none round here) I go there risking my life on the motorway - bilbainos are definitely a race apart on the road. It's been a while though, these days I don't get any further than ikea. I used to shop in a growshop on a corner in the old town (can't remember the name, probably something unpronounceable) because I liked it better than any round here. This wasn't very long after I moved here from the Uk and it blew me away to see cuttings on sale inside the shop - i remember I got a really nice cut of ak47, couldn't say no. lots of plants on balconies around the old town too. Good vibe and really easy to score (shit) hash if you're desperate.

@Harry74 - I saw you got those HFH Lebs, I hope they do well for you, are you running them outdoors this year? I've got one on the go at the moment and they are really fast and nice smelling. I'm wondering if they'll be too early for me here - often it's really wet during the last part of august/start sep and anything that has too much bud at that point usually gets botritis. I think Danish bred strains ought to do well here, they're certainly tough stuff but we have a longer season and different weather cycles so it'll be interesting to see how they adapt.

Sad to report that the supposedly tranquilo Mossos d'esquadra here did use helicopters to bust people with a handful of discrete plants last autumn in Tarragona province, solid information from a friend of a friend who is up on charges for 8 plants.

Mucho bullshit spoken about this by many, my fireman neighbour was told by his Policemen friends (who know he grows) that they were flying around looking for grows, when in fact the chopper buzzing around on the hill it was Fecsa/Endesa looking for leaking electricity on pylons (fire prevention duty) I knew this as another friend who works for them was actually up in the chopper that day.

The other helicopter that was around was a company that sell aerial photographs of your villa, they had a lot of work to do removing photos with plants in view before offering them to the owners!

kaochiu

Veteran
Yeah, that's another reason to come to Spain... Morocco! Technically we share borders, although visitors will more likely stay in the peninsula than in Ceuta or Melilla. This fast ferry from Tarifa get's you in Tangiers pretty quick, anyway, and from then on you got plenty choices. Two-three hours taxi drive and you're in Chaouen happily getting ripped off by the swarms of pushers as you sip your mint tea, pure bliss... or reading the newspaper in the cafe of Hotel España in Larache, if you feel colonial, you can find some things there more spanish than in Spain.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
?Maybe it seems to be correct that a thread about Spain cannot avoid politics?

If so, maybe it says something about Spain.

I had another girl friend from Spain, not the long term girl friend, this one more just booty call. She always talked Politics, especially all the Communist up North and the Changing down south of muslim encroachment. I just got high and put her on ignore. She was a very sexy lady.

She leaned as a communist sympathizer, but that didn't stop her from spending a lot of money on consumer goods, expensive clothes and sunglasses. She took shopping to a ridiculous level, especially when we were in Rome.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Harry, let me ask you, what's your mother tongue? surely it is not Spanish, right? if it is, you have terrible orthography. just saying...

peace

huligun

Veteran
I asked him what language he wanted me to speak for him but he never told me.

8 plant bust?!

8 plant bust?!

Sayyy what? Getting raided for 8 plants? God damn it - I'm moving to Spain specifically to grow out some mephisto genetics on my patio. I have an important pregunta:

Does the law change if I'm renting out a spot? Before I buy in Andalucia I want to rent for 4 months, get one nice grow under my belt (around 300 personal grams) and am getting worried about how the landlord situation is.

On some other thread I read 2 plants per adult is legal, on others that the situation has changed and nothing is legal. Hehe, it seems everything is a grey area or you gotta play around the rules - HA welcome back to Poland, I'm thinking.

I'm so excited about the move that I wanna soak up all the information I can get so thanks to everyone for this thread. :biggrin:

Yeah, that's another reason to come to Spain... Morocco! Technically we share borders, although visitors will more likely stay in the peninsula than in Ceuta or Melilla. This fast ferry from Tarifa get's you in Tangiers pretty quick, anyway, and from then on you got plenty choices. Two-three hours taxi drive and you're in Chaouen happily getting ripped off by the swarms of pushers as you sip your mint tea, pure bliss... or reading the newspaper in the cafe of Hotel España in Larache, if you feel colonial, you can find some things there more spanish than in Spain.

Could you elaborate on the plenty of choices? Is it easy to go to Morocco for a day trip and come back with a butt full of hash hahahah?

kaochiu

Veteran
Could you elaborate on the plenty of choices? Is it easy to go to Morocco for a day trip and come back with a butt full of hash hahahah?
Chaouen and Larache were two of those multiple choices. Going to Morocco for a day trip and coming back is the easy part, yeah, although staying at least overnight is more the norm. I mean, crossing the moroccan border might take longer than the trip itself. As for hash my holy butt is a sacred place, nothing enters there, so i couldn't tell. What i know is that for a day trip the furthest you can do prolly is buying 20dh worth of rough blond pollen from the cigarseller and call it a day if you don't end up with a chunk of henna if you aren't careful.
Easier to buy it back in Spain from your favourite local gangster, prices and qualities aren't that different. I wouldn't go to Morocco for the hash, although i enjoy it very much there.
Most landlords won't agree with you to have an indoor grow, as they'd be your accomplice. Just make sure he is not a nosey character and won't inspect the house. Two plants are definitely illegal. One too. Germinating cannabis seeds without a permit, and there are no permits, it's illegal.
Now, taking drugs is your responsability, so there's no crime. Now, what are those plants for? Selling or just for smoking? Explain that to the judge after they take it away from you, measure and destroy. Most judges are sympathetic and will let you go with an administrative fine. Most are not all. Eight plants are in that narrow line.
Again, every case seems to be a new case, you'd likely need a lawyer. The point is that many people grow without being caught, but hiding, as you'll have to. Or else go the CSC way, that's the more socially acceptable way, but takes longer

kaochiu

Veteran
¿ If Gibraltar is Spain as many claim, shouldn´t Ceuta&Melilla be Morroco ?

I don´t think many there have a very fair treatment, they are supposed to be spanish too.

Are you asking for my opinion? Fine. What i would do is join all three places and use the population to make a pyramid with the face shaped as Txopo Iribar, my childhood hero. But the opinion you're really looking for is from the guys with the bombs. I wish i could give you a better option, but look deep inside myself, and all i find is... I don't give a shit about this territorial subdivisions, i just suffer them as everyone else.

Sandnut

definitely will be looking into the CSC....

I've seen that alot of the big seedbanks are situated in spain, how do they go about?

I understand that many small scale seed producers and breeders have remote outdoor operations but what about the bigger guys?

I mean if it wasn't legal somehow how could they state this openly on their website, (legal issues?), the fact that the genetics are developed in a certain location? I have tried to get some answers but its pretty difficult as no one inside the circle wants to leave out any information...

Maybe part-time breeding can be achieved by running a CSC operation and claiming that we need to develop strains to match the customers needs?

huligun

Veteran
Yes, I am wondering the same, as seed making/breeding is supposed to be huge in Spain. We even have members that are vendors on this site that are located in Spain. The feeling I get is that Spain has a huge seed making community. Correct me if I am wrong.

The seed vendors from Spain seem to be silent on this tread. Perhaps they are very worried about security. One would think it is like Holland over there in regard to seeds.