What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HIGH CBD/CBN LOW THC seeds?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If one removes leaves pruining etc, the plant senses and increases both CBD and CBN. It all in the harvest technique I find.

Really?? Did that way long ago (in early 80's) removing fan leaves outdoors for monster plants. Any links I can read on leaf pruning???

And what do you mean "buffers" THC regarding former post...you've got me interested. Well, all replies, actually. Thanks, guys!!:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
another breeder doing a little cbd research Is RedEyedGenetics. his PHD is nasty. harlequin (clone only 2:1 cbd thc ratio) x White Lotus male. Should have some great results. tester threads should start popping up anytime. I have a 2:1 thc cbd ratio phd, harlequin and cannatonic. I would love to have an all cbd no thc strain...... cant find one here...
best wishes!

Yeah, more CBD, less THC, my quest, in seed form...although for social, non cognitive uses, I enjoy a group of friends passing the bowl around....kinda like the ol' John Denver (who???!!!) song, eh? Or a motivational hit (auto sativa dom) for ripping through chores. Have developed some unique 'blended' auto hybrids, but our work is not over.

With recent doctor visits, the narcotic contract, I'm questioning everything. My quest was to appease a few patient/friends in need of meds and wish not to go through the hoop-jump red tape/red card. Now, I see that light shining in my direction.

Enjoy the input offered...keep it coming. Looks like dual benefit with others interested as well.:thank you:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was looking into dixie as well, the CBD Oil caught my attention.
However I'm slightly reluctant to order, not sure how and/ or IF that box is going to go through customs into the EU...what it says on the invoice/packaging.Dixie itself doesn't even ship outside of the US, you need to order through another company, and no comment from them.
So far I haven't figured out the legal aspects of a CBD only tincture over here yet... no THC (well, not more than let's say industrial hemp) but loads of CBD, exactly what I want and need for chronic pain, arthritis/ joint inflammation, and some skin problems that are really eroding me. Most laws are tailored towards THC however... Not sure if the executive branch would go after CBD only orders shipped from the US into the EU.
Does, by any chance, anyone have experience with this or something similar ?
Damn, in some of the EU countries, we are so far behind you guys in the medical use/ legalisation states in the US, it makes me want to cry.
@ aridbud: Man, that's sick they give you a contract, to make sure you don't take anything else aside from the pharma prescription drugs ( Did I really get that right ??).

all the best to all of you

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I do make a lot of mixes when it comes to cannabis and I have made things out of fresh cannabis and dried . They are slightly different . I would just focus on what happens to work for you and what your looking for. I make canna-caps and they always come out different some very sleepy and others not so much. I obviously believe that the more sativa in the mix the more awake you will be. I like both . I use both almost everyday. I make a lot of chocolate and olive oil out of cannabis. I use coconut oil and mix this with the cannabis and this is great... I often use the leaf to make my medicine this is VERY effective lol.. ANyways stay frosty headband 707:biggrin:

Hi Headband,
What's your recipe for making olive oil ? Jus grind the stuff and infuse the oil with it ?
I use a lot of olive oil, that'd come in very handy.
I agreee with the sativa/ indica alert/sleepy comparison you make. same for me with butter. also depends a lot on the dosage. a little too much of the sativa butter puts you to sleep good too after a while
smile.gif
What I was curious about, though: what's up with the decarboxylation ? there's no such thing when eating kief or raw plant matter, any still it seems to have it's effect... juiced cannabis leafs and buds are supposed to be uber- healthy, and kief straight from you grinders collector gets you high as a kite. So what's up with that ? I searched for this topic but there's mostly a lot of individual " opinions", not a lot of facts.
I just know from experience, that you don't have to heat/ burn/ carboxizzle cannabis products to be effective
thinking.gif
So what's the difference?

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Chevy cHaze, firstly, wow what a great name!! :yes:

As for the Dixie CBD tincture…I am a tad skeptical.

They make Dixie here in CO and people here are generally are down on Dixie, I’m sure it’s in large part just b/c they are big business, part of the group that stomped out the little guy during the regulation fight a couple years back…But aside from that, their products don’t have the best reputation. When they closed the disp. where I live I was given some of their stuff, (though not their CBD tincture), and I didn't have good luck. Of course, this is true for every edible I have ever tried from a disp. I also talked to a disp. owner recently who was returning all of their products including the CBD tincture…he said they didn’t put the percentage on the label so he couldn’t sell it. (I think I remember him saying they didn’t put any ingredients on the label at all), he said they did that to allow for sales outside of the state, which seemed hard to believe until I looked at their website…And while I am excited to think they will be selling this throughout the country, and I hope it’s amazing medicine; but I would hate to see sick people get ripped off!

Anyway, proceed with caution, as always! :)

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Natty !
Thanks first of all, I figured since Bud Spencer and Terrence cHill were already taken, I'd go with my all time favourite Chevy hahaha.

Thanks secondly for the insight into the status quo in CO. We only hear the big news here like LEGALISATION ! RECREATIONAL MJ USE ! CANNABIS BUSINESS THRIVING ! on the other side of the big pond, not the details of what's happening on a day to day basis and behind the scenes.
That really makes me even more reluctant now... the things you mention would not be the way of good people I think. After all, what matters is what's IN the bottle, not what's on the label and this will determine if it's legal or not. Especially when shipping these things across statelines or foreign borders. They're either hardcore and don't worry about prosecution at all or they have another reason to not put all info on the labels. The second option sounds more likely to me...

At this point I'll probably just grow some CBD Crew Yummy to try and help myself. The seeds are available here. takes longer, but , well, when it comes to this kind of stuff, you have to take things in your own hands anyways .

all the best from here over sea &continent to CO. and take care !

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
They're either hardcore and don't worry about prosecution at all or they have another reason to not put all info on the labels. The second option sounds more likely to me...

Precisely.
The guy I talked to at the dispensary made it sound like the labeling, (or lack of labeling), was done in order to be able to ship outside of the state…It just seems like a strange thing for such a large company to do…very high risk. And the Dixie guy is all business. He was interviewed for the Sanjay Gupta Cannabis special that aired a couple months ago...I sorta *think* I remember him talking about the CBD tincture in the interview. (Though I could just be confusing that part in my memory b/c they are both about Dixie.)

On the other hand, I hate to be the “wet blanket" and deter you…What if it’s amazing stuff?
I just had to add my 2cents since the conversation was just a few weeks ago and it seems relevant and b/c I’d hate to see you let down.

Is it expensive? (I’m sure it’s pricey when you include shipping to EU...) However, maybe it would be worth the price to try a bottle or two until you get your seeds going? It might also be worth looking into Hemp oil, I’ve read that there is some CBD in hemp? Might be worth looking into.

It’s frustrating to see people going without this medicine!
Please try to take good care of yourself, Chevy! :flowers2:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Natty,
Don't worry about it, as I said I was already reluctant before. Might try to order some, but I need to gather some more information first, don't need to pop up on any radar screens unnecessarily.
It is kinda pricey, 1oz/ 100mg CBD ist 40$ US, but shipping shouldn't be too bad as it is going to be really small box I reckon.

Thanks anyways for all the background info and you too, stay safe !

all the best

cc

CBD Crew genetics are more in the 1:1 and 2:1 range CBD:THC I believe.
The seeds out there that can throw the higher CBD:THC ratios seem to include:
RX from Vancouver Seed Company (it's what the OmritaRX came from)
Sour Tsunami, Canna-Tsu and Harle-Tsu from Southern Humboldt Seed Collective (the later two are the cannatonic and harlequin X sour tsunami respectively)
Cannatonic from the guys in Spain (wide variety of pheno's in that one though)
Otto1 from Centennial
The others are all cuts - Harlequin, AC/DC (which is a cannatonic pheno...and is also what I believe got re-named 'Charlotte's web'), Swiss Gold...and I am probably forgetting a couple.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great info, Natty, Villian & Chevy c. I've been researching Rick Simpson oil...you can Google it or watch on YouTube. Instead of chemical free thinner-like solvent, I may try grain alcohol to strip the plant compound.....work with it in open area.

Looked in my stash box and realized I had auto seeds Dr. Feelgood from Short Stuff . So, may try a high CBD photo and start a strain.

Thanks or the suggestions, one and all.:ying:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
You know we have a club here that seems to always record the numbers THC,CBD,CBN and I couldn't help but notice that when CBD's were not that popular ,the CBD # was fairly low. Now that CBD has become much more important to the masses that these numbers have magically risen LOL.. Not sure if the club is not being honest but I don't actually believe the numbers they post anyways. headband 707

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great info, Natty, Villian & Chevy c. I've been researching Rick Simpson oil...you can Google it or watch on YouTube. Instead of chemical free thinner-like solvent, I may try grain alcohol to strip the plant compound.....work with it in open area.

Looked in my stash box and realized I had auto seeds Dr. Feelgood from Short Stuff . So, may try a high CBD photo and start a strain.

Thanks or the suggestions, one and all.:ying:

Aridbud,
Let us know how that works out for you !
I was thinking about the same a while ago, but never did it in the end...
I read a lot of good stuff about oil produced after the RS method. Simpson says he just uses "regular" buds to produce his oil, so I guess that it has to be higher in THC ? I wonder what an oil a CBD rich strain would produce .

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news Chevy, my friend! :) I was wrong, wrong, wrong!
It seems that CBD is legal, so they can make oil from hemp stalks and sell it as CBD oil!
I even found another place making/selling CBD oil: http://cbdgum.networkofhemp.com/order-cbd/rsho-high-cbd-hemp-oils/
I prefer to try to be optimistic, so let’s hope it’s good stuff!!

I should have re-investigated rather than opening my trap!
:witch:

Natty!
Thanks for all the investigating!
I checked the page, but that stuff is way beyond my price range.
Can't put a pricetag on your health, but this is just out of my reach.
I'll probably just try growing a CBD rich strain in the end and decide on the method or preparation along the way...

all the best anyways!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBD Crew genetics are more in the 1:1 and 2:1 range CBD:THC I believe.
The seeds out there that can throw the higher CBD:THC ratios seem to include:
RX from Vancouver Seed Company (it's what the OmritaRX came from)
Sour Tsunami, Canna-Tsu and Harle-Tsu from Southern Humboldt Seed Collective (the later two are the cannatonic and harlequin X sour tsunami respectively)
Cannatonic from the guys in Spain (wide variety of pheno's in that one though)
Otto1 from Centennial
The others are all cuts - Harlequin, AC/DC (which is a cannatonic pheno...and is also what I believe got re-named 'Charlotte's web'), Swiss Gold...and I am probably forgetting a couple.

Villain, great list, very informative. I actually don't mind a little high from my medicine, just don't want to get blasted by 20% THC and less than 0,1% CBD [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smile.gif
. I probaly have to stick to what's available in seedform...
thanks man !
[/FONT]

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same here, cHaze....when I'm in pain, I want relief, not the mind blowing buzz of yore. There are times I enjoy that....in social situations where driving a car, or no cognitive thinking is needed.

Bought a Cannatonic single seed and have some low thc/high cbd's coming my way for next spring. Those will be mated w/ Dr. Feelgood regular autos. And the experience continues......quest for quality oil.

Prefer doing everything by seeds....plants, flowers, veggies and of course, cannabis. Did the clone thing years ago....but w/ autos or auto x photo works....yep, seeds.

Thanks for your high fives cHaze....will keep you all posted.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi my fellow CBD aficionados,
As I promised, I got active and got my hands on 5 pack of fem CBDcrew/DP seeds: CBD Skunk Haze.
Gotta take it into your own hands here in cannabis-medieval western europe (exc. spain ;-)

I popped three of them, all germinated nicely within 24 hours. great!
Already potted them by now.
Anyone recall when we talked about variations and how each single plant from seed will have a different CBD/THC ratio ?
Well, my setup is tiny (check sig) so I only had room for three of the total 5 seeds I got... bit of a bummer, but I still hope to find something right in those three.
If they grow up to be nice strong plants, I will still be in doubt of what their cannabinoid ratios are... no way to test that stuff around here I fear ( let me know if you can prove me wrong here please). That means I will have to test and see what the effects are. No prob hehehe !

Plan is, after testing the final product( if it's right) to make it into RSO.
Does anyone have experience with Isopropyl & RSO at low temps, so the stuff doesn't carboxylate ?

Since this is not a grow/ show thread, I'll just keep you updated with the results in the end allright ?
all the best & stay safe,

cc

Femora

Hi my fellow CBD aficionados,
As I promised, I got active and got my hands on 5 pack of fem CBDcrew/DP seeds: CBD Skunk Haze.
Gotta take it into your own hands here in cannabis-medieval western europe (exc. spain ;-)

I popped three of them, all germinated nicely within 24 hours. great!
Already potted them by now.
Anyone recall when we talked about variations and how each single plant from seed will have a different CBD/THC ratio ?
Well, my setup is tiny (check sig) so I only had room for three of the total 5 seeds I got... bit of a bummer, but I still hope to find something right in those three.
If they grow up to be nice strong plants, I will still be in doubt of what their cannabinoid ratios are... no way to test that stuff around here I fear ( let me know if you can prove me wrong here please). That means I will have to test and see what the effects are. No prob hehehe !

Plan is, after testing the final product( if it's right) to make it into RSO.
Does anyone have experience with Isopropyl & RSO at low temps, so the stuff doesn't carboxylate ?

Since this is not a grow/ show thread, I'll just keep you updated with the results in the end allright ?
all the best & stay safe,

cc

Ill eagerly await your results!

Im really happy that you go throu and do this grow, and have interest to review whatever you find out! Big thumb up! :yes:

btw, Id like to see the results in % thc/cbd/cbn instead of the 1:1, 2:1 ratio...

Best of luck with your grow!
Fem~

ps. I dunno any testing-facilitys for thc/cbd around.. If you find one; please let me know! :)

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I can tell you what to expect when you get something that's high cbd and moderate THC 'cause I've used Harlequin at 8% CBD and only 6% THC.

Even though the CBD is only 2% more than the THC... there's no high or stone from it. There's a background 'mellow' that gets deeper and stronger the more you use and that's about it.

You run across something that has you 'level' and tends to improve your mood, memory and pain levels but only makes you 'mellow' instead of high... that's CBD rich with a mild THC backer. :) No testing facility needed. lol

Keep it Clean! :D

Latest posts

Latest posts