What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myths about THC and CBD's

S

stickey fingers

Sam
Thanks for everything ! i was suprised to know that some terpines in indcas act like cbd, and youre take on little to none cbd strains in cali, so would you consider the nor cal purple kush to be te same, if so im suprised, the most potent strain i have ever come across is romulan ! it ruins me, it is to over the top physicaly dont get me wrong i love my indcas ! i thought it was the canabloids in romulan that made it special for cancer and chemo patients.
i have always beleived that what made DJ SHORTS blues special is they have even ratios of thc to cbd verses a strain like neviels haze wich i assume has all thc with little to no cbd.
SPECIAL THANKS SAM ! im just a med patient try to understand my world a little better !
RIP DR JAY

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Awesome.

Maybe Sam volunteers some information if there's any discernable (visual) difference of trichomes from pure THC, THC:CDB and pure CBD plants?
And if trichs turning amber has anything to do with the levels of CBD at all and if a late harvest changes the THC:CBD ratio in favour of CBD.
The trichs turning amber is more about CBN's and degration of the plant.. peace out Headband707:tiphat:

Sam
Thanks for everything ! i was suprised to know that some terpines in indcas act like cbd, and youre take on little to none cbd strains in cali, so would you consider the nor cal purple kush to be te same, if so im suprised, the most potent strain i have ever come across is romulan ! it ruins me, it is to over the top physicaly dont get me wrong i love my indcas ! i thought it was the canabloids in romulan that made it special for cancer and chemo patients.
i have always beleived that what made DJ SHORTS blues special is they have even ratios of thc to cbd verses a strain like neviels haze wich i assume has all thc with little to no cbd.
SPECIAL THANKS SAM ! im just a med patient try to understand my world a little better !
RIP DR JAY

i posted an article a page or two back that lists the known high CBD varieties in Cali... and where to get cuts.

Old Dirt

Fer a couple weeks now I've been medicating with 2 high cbd strains (8.8% tested)... and a Hashish from one of them.

I've read the thread, comments, and articles.

Trying to be objective to the thread, my experience has been pretty remarkable.

Having a Very high tolerance, I couldn't say when I started these strains they were very impressive....Then again, I really didn't know what to expect.

Now, I try to mix either the flower or the Hashish with........:thinking:....... EVERYTHING! :D:

Fer me, and me cave nug.....The effects are predictable!....

when i first started the Flowers I can't say I was very impressed. But, with the daily Wake-N-Bake bowl-er-two of CBD Hashish topping the flower of choice........I hope to NEVER BE WITHOUT IT! :D:

1. we use way less!
2. The Effects are enhanced and last MUCH longer!.......This has been true with All Strains we've mixed & tried.
3. Major side effect--Red, half closed eyes!....To full closure, (nodding to full on snore!) every night! :tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
About the only thing I noticed was that varieties high in CBD the resin is dryer feeling both on the dry plant, and when separated from the plant via dry sifting. Visually I can't tell any difference.
THC varieties if harvested late do not have more CBD. The THC/CBD ratio does not really change during maturation, I have not seen it. The high does change, more stimulating with early harvests, and a bit stonier more physical at late harvest.
RCC likes early harvests I like late.
-SamS

Awesome.

Maybe Sam volunteers some information if there's any discernable (visual) difference of trichomes from pure THC, THC:CDB and pure CBD plants?
And if trichs turning amber has anything to do with the levels of CBD at all and if a late harvest changes the THC:CBD ratio in favour of CBD.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
When I harvested fresh plants early or very late I found almost no CBN. CBN is formed by degradation of the other Cannabinoids, after storage of plants or resin at room temperature for more then a year you do find CBN, but still most of the Cannabinoids are still intact and CBN levels are still quite low.

-SamS

The trichs turning amber is more about CBN's and degration of the plant.. peace out Headband707:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Some rare varieties do have CBD, so I can't comment on anything that has not been analyzed.

-SamS

Sam
RIP DR JAY

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
In the end what do you really think?lol

In the end what do you really think?lol

When I harvested fresh plants early or very late I found almost no CBN. CBN is formed by degradation of the other Cannabinoids, after storage of plants or resin at room temperature for more then a year you do find CBN, but still most of the Cannabinoids are still intact and CBN levels are still quite low.

-SamS

That is interesting ,,so this is not correct?

CBN (Cannabinol) is produced as THC ages and breaks down, this process is known as oxidization. High levels of CBN tend to make the user feel messed up rather than high.
CBN levels can be kept to a minimum by storing cannabis products in a dark, cool, airtight environment. Marijuana should be dry prior to storage, and may have to be dried again after being stored somewhere that is humid.
smile.gif

There is a club here in BC and they record the numbers and the numbers high in CBN's seem to be a sleepier /narcotic type high. .not my thing..The numbers high in CBD's seem to be a more analgesic /up type high..
I can't say whether or not the bud higher in CBN's was the type of bud it was or the way it was stored or grown as I didn't grow it I just smoked it.
In the end I'm just looking for the strongest dankest bud they have .. peace out Headband707
:dance013:

de145

I have posted this many times, but one more time....

Thanks Sam, I've searched high and low but never came across those posts detailing the subjective effect of higher cbd cannabis; I must have been using the wrong keywords or been on the wrong site.

At least you've disproved my hypothesis so I guess that's something. :)

Sam, not everyone lives in California and can take a stroll down to Harbourside to try their high cbd wares.

A surprising number of us on "international cannagraphics" boards live in fact in other places no where near Harbourside or the dispensaries in Colorado where certified medicine is available.

This was and remains my reason for asking in the first place if there is some subjective way to determine if there is any appreciable amount of cbd in a test sample. I thought I had mentioned that, it must have been in a different post elsewhere.

From your description I guess the answer is that there is no subjective way to tell other than you said you "don't like it" and that if it's high enough in cbd the effect is indistinguishable from low thc cannabis.

So perhaps it's a lost cause after all if someone with your experience can not tell if they are smoking something with a substantial amount of cbd in it.

Thank you for your time.

de145

Fer a couple weeks now I've been medicating with 2 high cbd strains (8.8% tested)... and a Hashish from one of them.

1. we use way less!
2. The Effects are enhanced and last MUCH longer!.......This has been true with All Strains we've mixed & tried.
3. Major side effect--Red, half closed eyes!....To full closure, (nodding to full on snore!) every night! :tiphat:

Very interesting, would you say there are any other noticeable differences when you are medicating with the higher cbd strains or mixed?

I.E. in a blind smoke test do you think you could point to the higher cbd one based on how it made you feel or the effects on your body?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
CBD to enhance the THC effects?
If your idea of enhanced is to delay onset, reduce peak experience, and lengthen the effects, go and add CBD to THC only varieties.
I have spent my life getting rid of CBD!!!
Unless I wanted it for a special reason, like a CBD only variety for medical users.
CBD does not enhance THC to me, not in any way.
I know many people that prefer THC/CBD like in imported hash, but mainly it is because they don't like getting the fears when smoking really strong THC only varieties, I love THC only varieties.

-SamS

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
If i may ask a stupid question Sam...

If THC boils at 315F*, does that mean turning a vaporizer higher than that will actually be impeding your high (now and for the next few hours)?

(*According to Wiki. They also say CBD @ 356F)

Old Dirt

Very interesting, would you say there are any other noticeable differences when you are medicating with the higher cbd strains or mixed?

Yes, but I'll have to answer another day!...This bowl has put me to Bed! :D:

I.E. in a blind smoke test do you think you could point to the higher cbd one based on how it made you feel or the effects on your body?

After just finishing a bowl of the flower that was topped with the Hashish......Ya!....I think I can!

Old Dirt

CBD to enhance the THC effects?
If your idea of enhanced is to delay onset, reduce peak experience, and lengthen the effects, go and add CBD to THC only varieties.
Unless I wanted it for a special reason, like a CBD only variety for medical users.
CBD does not enhance THC to me, not in any way.
I know many people that prefer THC/CBD like in imported hash, but mainly it is because they don't like getting the fears when smoking really strong THC only varieties, I love THC only varieties.

-SamS

Being a Medical user, I know jack almost shit about all that scientific stuff! :D:

With this quote and a recommendation, I had to try me some...

CBD or cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that appears to slow down how quickly THC is metabolized. From a medicinal standpoint, CBD is being intensely studied for its neuroprotective abilities, its anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic effects and dozens of other potential medicinal uses. It looks like the future of cannabinoid-based medicine.

Maybe Enhance was the wrong choice of words.

They don't like getting the fears when smoking really strong THC

I kinda fit in this category. Most Sativas are way to Racy fer me-- and I avoid most of Um. The ones I do have, when combined with the CBD flower or Hashish, it seems to ...Level out my.. high?, making for a Much more relaxing experience.....Body & Brain!

I've also found--since using the CBD--I get way more, and Better Sleep! :tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you are smoking a variety with THC and CBD which is not so common.

-SamS

If i may ask a stupid question Sam...

If THC boils at 315F*, does that mean turning a vaporizer higher than that will actually be impeding your high (now and for the next few hours)?

(*According to Wiki. They also say CBD @ 356F)

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Great, I was referring to recreational use, if CBD helps medical users in any way, then for sure they should use it.

-SamS

Being a Medical user, I know jack almost shit about all that scientific stuff! :D:

With this quote and a recommendation, I had to try me some...

Maybe Enhance was the wrong choice of words.

I kinda fit in this category. Most Sativas are way to Racy fer me-- and I avoid most of Um. The ones I do have, when combined with the CBD flower or Hashish, it seems to ...Level out my.. high?, making for a Much more relaxing experience.....Body & Brain!

I've also found--since using the CBD--I get way more, and Better Sleep! :tiphat:

de145

Sam, this is the medicalmarijuana forum, there are many pages of people here and in many other places looking for high CBD medicine.

Some breeders seem to be understanding this desire and attempting to start catering to the medical market, not just the recreational market.

Personally I find that the years spent ever increasing the THC and getting rid of the CBD have resulted in a product that is far too strong to be pleasurable except in very small doses.

If I wanted to get *that* high that quickly I might as well start looking at harder drugs if all I was interested in was heavy intoxication.

Sam, this is the medicalmarijuana forum, there are many pages of people here and in many other places looking for high CBD medicine.

Some breeders seem to be understanding this desire and attempting to start catering to the medical market, not just the recreational market.

Personally I find that the years spent ever increasing the THC and getting rid of the CBD have resulted in a product that is far too strong to be pleasurable except in very small doses.

If I wanted to get *that* high that quickly I might as well start looking at harder drugs if all I was interested in was heavy intoxication.

That is a common feeling. I posted some stuff a few pages back about high CBD strains, the names and where to find cuts. CBD is very popular here in CA as we focus on the medical side, recreational did not pass. I look for capsules that give CBD amounts on the package so I know it will last through the night. If I take a pure THC variety and try to go to bed it is disastrous. I wake up at 3 am wired. It turns out some of our favorites have higher CBD levels ie the croos OG/Blueberry, two of my faves, made a high CBD variety. I have the feeling romulan is high CBD, because the hash I make from it and the affect. What mr skunkman says about high CBD varieties making less melty hash is true imho.

If you are smoking a variety with THC and CBD which is not so common.

-SamS

Most of these herb I smoke has around 1% CBD, and triple to 5 times more in the bubble hashes. I don't smoke pure sativa. I smoke afganica (are we doing that here? or kush in common terms) all day and indica all night, then fat thc/cbd pill before bed.