What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perephrial neuropathy

C

chefro420

ANyone else here suffer from this? Recently became a caregiver, looking for any advice with this condition. ANy proven strains or advice is great!!!!

Thanks

C

chefro420

Mainly interested in treatment with medical marijuana. I have some c99 and chemd x sour d going now. I just hope these are effective. My patients brother gave him some of his meds for cirrhosis and it worked pretty good. I got him a nug of decent dtreet nugs, did nothing for him. ANyone know of strains that work for neuropathy? His dr said she could perscribe oxy's which he does not want to take, and i don't blame him.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I would say Hash and indicas but really its just a buffer. Even the strongest of eatables only work so long. Relief is measured in minutes not hours or days. It will be a cocktail of meds and mmj..
Nerve issues suck and so far nothing has really worked. or if it does you cannot function on it for very long. But what doesnt work for me may work for someone else with a low tolerance.

and for 100k's they can get some IVIG treatments that may correct them or may not...

C

chefro420

Thanks guys ! Keep it coming! SO it looks like concentrated forms or strong edibles are the ticket.

C

chefro420

Is there anything else that helps? He is on disability , and does not have a lot of money. He is not a regular smoker and has a very low tolerance too.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
i would start testing out grams of Purple anything.
Blueberry because of the euphoric effects.
Strawberry cough for anti anxiety .. people in chronic pain most of the time have anxiety so no need to increase that.

But experiment its just a gram or two until find what he likes.
not sure what meds he is on but i find it hard for mmj to override any of the scripts they give me... but a good compliment or something that helps with the stomach upset that comes along with taking hands full of meds.

Plus mind expanding haze and those types of meds can be good just to trip out on.
Sometimes dwelling on shit gets old and its nice just to blank out every now and then..
its a different kind of pain relief...

I would get him a sampler and see what he likes.

C

ChynaRyder

I use tincture to help, in conjunction with oxycontin...cant rely on mj alone, but it is a godsend...there is a synergism between the 2, and a relatively small dose of oxy goes a much longer way when used with mj...I have had excellent success with indica leaning DJ BB, and pretty much any strong indica works well when made into concentrates...I am finding Excellent success with the autoflowers, and they have been my main meds now for the last 6 months...Bluestreak is good, Sour 60 is excellent...although part of my pain syndrome is a result of inflammation too, and the higher CBD levels in the autos may be helping.

Finding a Sativa leaner that does not make his pain worse is also important, as boosting mood is critical in making a chronic pain sufferer more comfortable...I am currently running Congo and C-99 to help with this, but I would try a range of 'happy' strains, as many will tend to increase his pain. Good Luck

danut

I use tincture to help, in conjunction with oxycontin...cant rely on mj alone, but it is a godsend...there is a synergism between the 2, and a relatively small dose of oxy goes a much longer way when used with mj...I have had excellent success with indica leaning DJ BB, and pretty much any strong indica works well when made into concentrates...I am finding Excellent success with the autoflowers, and they have been my main meds now for the last 6 months...Bluestreak is good, Sour 60 is excellent...although part of my pain syndrome is a result of inflammation too, and the higher CBD levels in the autos may be helping.

Finding a Sativa leaner that does not make his pain worse is also important, as boosting mood is critical in making a chronic pain sufferer more comfortable...I am currently running Congo and C-99 to help with this, but I would try a range of 'happy' strains, as many will tend to increase his pain. Good Luck
I can help.

I hope you are located in Michigan.

All of this stuff starts out with a lack of blood flow. The areas lacking blood flow die off. Slowly. The stuff I work with opens blood flow. While being a pain killer at the same time.

Oh yes .. powerful anti-inflammation properties at the same time.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
yes strong concentrates. My experience with neuropathy and MJ is MJ is not as effective as I would like. it's more like taking the edge off. Back when I had it in my face the only thing that really 'helped" was Gabapentin

C

chefro420

He is allergic to opiates , his dr wanted to give him oxy's but he doesn't want because of the allergy. Thanks all for the input , keep it coming.

danut

yes strong concentrates. My experience with neuropathy and MJ is MJ is not as effective as I would like. it's more like taking the edge off. Back when I had it in my face the only thing that really 'helped" was Gabapentin
Ummm .. "back when I had it" What made it go away?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
We thought it was MS but it was MS symptoms caused by a medication I was on. When I stopped the meds it took 3 mos to get out of my system and go away.

M

Marywanna

This is really a last ditch kind of treatment....I had some nerves severed in my spine to decrease the pain. I tried Neurontin and Lyrica,they really messed with my guts. There are also procedures where they inject Botox into the affected area. I am also allergic to opiates,so I didn't have much of a choice. Neuropathy sucks. I would probably try anything at this point.

danut

ANyone else here suffer from this? Recently became a caregiver, looking for any advice with this condition. ANy proven strains or advice is great!!!!

Thanks
We had a neuropathy patient come in to the office today. Both feet. Very painful.

I made it go away in about 90 seconds.

M

Marywanna

FOR REAL? How? I mean,that seems like some kind of miracle stuff. Can ANYBODY tell me if this stuff works?