What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dutch Passion, not blueberry!!!

resinlover

I can't believe what they are selling now in feminized packs, first started in 2004 all blueberry had some sweet odor, found a blueberry dutch passion that smelled like sweet candy, twice, now have ordered blueberry from 3 different companies, and its all bull, smells like pine and coffee, what the hell is dutch passion doing, it came from their official packs, is dj shorts blueberry sweet, does any company sell real blueberry anymore? :comfort: :peacock:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That is a tough question that everyone is looking for the answer to.

I have read that DJ's genetics are more toward the floral side now. I do not know, I have not grown his newer stuff.

I have read that Dutch Passion is a gamble with some strains, but again, I can't say from personal experience.

Green path seeds are DJ f2's.

VerdantGreen has a Bluedigiberry strain that I have read is kick ass. That may be your best bet.

If you search this site you can read about DJ and his son JD. They are working to produce seeds of the old strains with new selections. It is a nice read and JD is good at responding to people's questions.

Seedsman is a sponsor of this site and they sell a Blueberry that I know nothing about, but would be interested in trying out.

I currently have some Green path seeds BB in solo cups. Will report back on the results in their thread.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VG's BlueDigiBerry F2's are on point. I sprouted 4 earlier this spring and one of the ladies is straight up blueberry pie. Given they are F2 there is some variation for sure, but doesn't take much to find a plant true to the namesake.

dank.Frank

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I remember running the FEM blueberry seeds from dutch passion, I found a pheno that was candy, coated your mouth with a lingering taste, That was very sweet/fruity like skittles or starburst.

Was a great plant but it was prone to Powder Mildew, I have seen a few packs since 08 and none produced anything resembling the plants you could find years ago, somewhere along the lines someone lost a parent, and has since then ruined the gene pool.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The female blueberry that VG keeps (found) is from DP fems seeds from around '04 if I am remembering that correctly. She's a CRAZY sativa goddess. There is a thread in his sub-forum with heavy documentation.

dank.Frank

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The female blueberry that VG keeps (found) is from DP fems seeds from around '04 if I am remembering that correctly. She's a CRAZY sativa goddess. There is a thread in his sub-forum with heavy documentation.

dank.Frank

Awesome if it is indeed a old pheno of the blue I'd keep that sucker safeguarded its probably getting more and more rare to find one by the year.

Mystic Funk

I can't believe what they are selling now in feminized packs, first started in 2004 all blueberry had some sweet odor, found a blueberry dutch passion that smelled like sweet candy, twice, now have ordered blueberry from 3 different companies, and its all bull, smells like pine and coffee, what the hell is dutch passion doing, it came from their official packs, is dj shorts blueberry sweet, does any company sell real blueberry anymore? :comfort: :peacock:

dj short's blueberry is not just sweet it smells just like a blueberry muffin or a freshly baked blueberry pie...
it should smack you in the mouth and then right in the head...:biggrin:
there are two types. one is more sativa like and one that's indica like.
I have been keeping original blueberry stock for many years and have grown it many times. it's all blueberry. little to no variation... the only thing I've noticed when growing out many was a slight difference in the level of how strong the blueberry was... some blueberry.. some very blueberry.. but all blueberry... it's a very stable line... so if someone is passing off blueberry and there's many phenos in one pack then it's a rip off..

dj has talked about this before... he wouldn't say there name but he was talking about a breeder that he was working with and he gave him some stock to work with. a male or female or both I don't know... but anyway the breeder went behind has back and used the blueberry and cut dj out of the deal and is selling it as original blueberry...

so for all i know only dj sold pure blueberry...
just look into the breeder first before you buy from thieves...

peace
-mystic

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i agree with Mystic Funk. yes if you can get seeds from man himself, then definitely yes, but from resellers its lottery..

this oldtime moonshine pheno. original dj short. choco berry with crazy thaish high! haha

picture.php

420empire

Veteran
how can i choose to buy seeds directly from DJ?? Could´t find a way on his webpage :)

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

Direct from DJ I think the only way is to go to a cup or see him speaking live. Next closest thing is I believe oregoneliteseeds. They were the first to start carrying the new releases afaik according to JD.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how can i choose to buy seeds directly from DJ?? Could´t find a way on his webpage :)

Hit up DJ or JD.
I'm pretty sure they can let you know where to get beans.

Or check the site Scrappy mentioned.

I'm currently collecting pollen from a fat flowered blueberry male from the stock supplied to Mark Emery to hit a couple of his sisters.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dj has talked about this before... he wouldn't say there name but he was talking about a breeder that he was working with and he gave him some stock to work with. a male or female or both I don't know... but anyway the breeder went behind has back and used the blueberry and cut dj out of the deal and is selling it as original blueberry...

peace
-mystic

Sagamartha... Dutch Passion... many many others too...

If it weren't for S. Skunkman, DJ Short would be the most ripped off cannabis breeder in history.

Mystic Funk

Sagamartha... Dutch Passion... many many others too...

If it weren't for S. Skunkman, DJ Short would be the most ripped off cannabis breeder in history.

I guess you can look on the bright side.... if pollen chucking hack breeders are ripping your strains off..... you'll know you made something good...

-mystic

Morphote

Veteran
I guess you can look on the bright side.... if pollen chucking hack breeders are ripping your strains off..... you'll know you made something good...

Yes but reality is they are taking food off your table and out of your kids mouths, and that's not cool. My personal opinion is that you should only get Blueberry from DJS. It keeps him going and ensures future generations of his gear, which to me (and many others!) is priceless.

M.