What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pointless to eat edibles when smoking?

Barn Owl

Funny, when I toke after the edibles hit I get even more ripped!

Some times it is just too much

That would be great if it worked for me! Smoking seems to have a far less potent effect on me, It is far, far more efficient to eat it. It seems like so much of the high is lost when smoking, but that would be after years of tolerance.

My asthma forced me into eating, but it tuned out to be the best way. :peacock:

NotYourSaviour

Passionate hashish eater here so quite into edibles also(more with traditional moroccan import but indoor grown weed every now and then, too). Informed myself a lot about it since decades.

There are at least two scenarios here:

1. As I like to get really shit faced edibles are the way to go for me. I'm not a daily consumer and do breaks regulary.
When I've got zero tolerance I like to get an edible myself and smoke on top of it when effects peaked(about two hours after consumption in my personal case).
This leads to a proper destruction then as long as you smoke when effects from edible set in or are peaking. Or you smoke a lot just after you munched down your edible(zero tolerance considered)and effects of edible add to this then(as long as effects from smoking are not already decreasing but as described it works fine).

2. The above thing works to some point with a proper tolerance too as tested myself over a couple of weeks on holidays every now and then but you need a shit load more of gear for edibles and smoke and at one point you barely get high anymore(trust me I tried a lot to get rid of tolerance
and made my homework).
Means if you have built up a tolerance through either smoking(weed/hash/oil) or eating you at least need a certain amount to top it to feel some effects again.
When you use both edibles and smoke with a huge tolerance(with edibles your tolerance goes through the roof easily) you have to take care you have to smoke before the effects of edibles starting to decrease but you still tend to ambivalently need at least a bigger amount of smoke than you already ingested via edibles. Otherwise you indeed get that feeling of edibles and smoke cancelling each others out.

I know everyone reacts differently to edibles for certain reasons but in my case it goes that way.
Just my two cents!

Del_9_THC

told from a club that its not good to eat space cakes or other edibles when you're smoking ganja as well because it cancels eachother out. This didnt sound right to me because....

That, above is total bullshit!!

What they really meant to say is "You will get fucked up off your tits, if you have an edible after smoking/vaping and we don't want our asses getting sued because you got goofy loaded, but we wanted to sound cool, so we gave you a ridiculously stupid answer in the hopes that you would not do it." Either that or they are so fucking stupid that I would not frequent that place again😀😋😂

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
what if....the edibles are high cbd and the smoke is high thc, or vise versa. then it could be accidentally true....kind of.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like eating a strong edible (mostly capsules these days) and then smoking. Smoking gets you high in the couple hours before the edible kicks in. If it's strong enough, there's no point in smoking more once it's in full effect unless you just love smoking.

Smoking is great again when it's wearing off and you want to stay high longer. If you have another edible at that point, smoking keeps you high in the couple hours it takes to kick in fully.

shmikeynyc

I like taking edibles to establish a nice base and then i vape to enhance all day long, i get great sustained relief from pain all day

paper thorn

Veteran
my edibles would knock my dick in the dirt.

will prob never eat them again because of my stroke.

But, I always smoke after edibles, to me the high id totally diferent. i wanted both. tbh, i never really liked edible high. they can just be too strong. but a small 'dose' and smoke away is the way.

Del_9_THC

what if....the edibles are high cbd and the smoke is high thc, or vise versa. then it could be accidentally true....kind of.

Here is why it is NOT true. ...So if I eat/smoke a high THC and high CBD strain (pick whatever kickass indica dominant strain).. I would not get wasted??....Absurd!!

Del_9_THC

Paper thorn, I know what you are saying regarding edibles.

I can vape/smoke all day long and the buzz tends to level off, but with edibles I get higher and higher ..and higher. For me, edibles are the most effective and efficient way to use cannabis.

If I want to get completely shitfaced, edibles are the way to go. Inhaling just can't get me that wasted.

I find the store bought edibles, from dispensaries, are quite uniform, and once you have dialled in the dose that works for you, then you can moderate how wasted you want to be?

zoic

Funny, when I toke after the edibles hit I get even more ripped!
Some times it is just too much

Exactly the same thing here, for both me and my wife. I make my cookies a little weaker and take 3 a day. That tends to make me energized (slows down my chronic fatigue) but no too stoned so I am still functional. I feel good pain relief and a rather relaxing body high. I tried various strengths but too much make me a statue (couch-lock).

When I smoke later I feel like I am getting a better high and do not always need to finish the joint. Before doing edibles I smoked a lot more joints and never had a couch-lock issue. Years ago I used to eat hash a lot, but again too much of that and your day is shot. Does feel damn good though. :biggrin:

Easy7

Veteran
Always felt like smoking after eating ganja food was much better. Always enjoyed smoking after smoking ganja too.

MurdaMishou

I must be from another dimension then. If i have the day off from work Ill eat two 50 mg cookies to start the day. Followed by a few dabs and doobs. Usually taking a weed nap by lunch time. Peace from Maine

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hahaha!

Hahaha!

First I ate a 25mg lollipop and smoked a few...

That was earlier.... :party: now I just ate a very tasty 50mg Caramel

Stan G.

If you think smoking cancels out edibles, you are not eating enough edibles, or you haven't decarbed it for long enough. I stay blitzed of of edibles and smoke.:tiphat:

White Beard

Edibles only ever really hit me once, but even when I didn’t really feel it, I found that smoking potentiates the high

BerrySeal

If you can feel smoke after edibles you got bunk edibles. Smoking is a waste after edibles.

How can you even feel 25mg edibles.. Especially store bought made from mixed distillate...

MintyMick

I don’t think it’s pointless to do both at the same time.

I’m currently drinking a limeaid mixed with some everclear tincture I made and I’m just about to smoke a mixed bowl of trainwreck and columbian gold...the limeaid tinc is just now starting to kick in and I’m smoking a bowl because I’m impatient. Plus the tinc will prob be full strength by the time I come down from my bowl.

So it isn’t pointless so much as a legitimate strategy that helps optimize my high.

Latest posts

Latest posts