What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your TAP WATER PPM?

hybridtek

Mine are 80ppm out of the tap. Just curious to see yours. I learned a hard lesson today, I have a bubble cloner and I got lazy, I didn't change the water/nute for a week and it grew algae all over roots...I also never light proofed it. :wallbash: So I rinsed them on cool water, removed dead roots, soaked them in 3% H202 and put them in a light proofed DWC tub.

I hope it'll be okay now... :chin:

Last edited:
Your tap water has nothing to do with the algae growth - that was just due to the light penetrating the water.

My tap water is 150ppm - works just fine. Only thing to would suggest would be to dechlorinate it ahead of time with a few airstones, that way it won't kill some of the beneficial bacterial and fungus in your res.

hybridtek

Where'sMyBud? said:
Your tap water has nothing to do with the algae growth - that was just due to the light penetrating the water.
I know, I just mixed in another thing that just happened...I spray painted my bubble cloner black so if I get lazy and don't chnage the water it's cool

G

just over 200..
stuff seems to grow but i'm no expert.
maybe the Flora Nova is working better than i realized since i havent tried any others.
should i rethink my plan to buy a gallon of some cheaper grow stuff?

G

255+. ph 7.5+

used to be 225, and 8.0 where I used to live, yet it was usable. here ro is a must.

G

wow you guys have awesome tap water. Mine comes out at a tasty 650 or so.

G

no, mine is pretty cloudy and pretty unusable due to calcium content even @ 250. 650 is ridiculous, that must be .8 conversion or something. or you have something wrong with your water heh.

G

Mine is about 480 out of the tap. Absolutely awful water. Got a RO filter immediately!

sugabear_II

Veteran
sbaegis said:
wow you guys have awesome tap water. Mine comes out at a tasty 650 or so.

damn I wouldn't drink or cook with that if I was you!

mine comes out at 108 ppm

As an FYI - hot water will have higher ppm then cold water from the tap

70s_PotHead

Ambre said:
Mine is about 480 out of the tap. Absolutely awful water. Got a RO filter immediately!

Mines about the same, PH is about 8.5 :yoinks:
Out of the 4 stage RO filter its about 10 and PH a tad over 7 :woohoo:

70s :joint:

70s_PotHead said:
Mines about the same, PH is about 8.5 :yoinks:
Out of the 4 stage RO filter its about 10 and PH a tad over 7 :woohoo:

70s :joint:

Mine in the winter was 8.3 PH at 350 ppm now in the summer its been 7.6 or so at 350 ppm..

anybody else see fluctuations like that?

G

Mine comes out at ~38 - ~42 ppm; San Francisco, CA water treated with chloromine (not chlorine).

Buzzsmirk!

R.O.s r great!! but pricey
beleive it or not run that nasty tap though a "britta" and you'l take it down bigfriggen time. not practical for a large tank/op but might be a good temp fix while u save for the RO. the inline filters are a good option, the sink faucet filter r ok too with 5thick shit like 650 geez sbaegis!!! thats friggen gritting ur teeth when u drink it yuck!!!
BUZZ!

frostyy420

Dont know if any one mentioned this but let your tap water sit out before testing it.

Letting Chlorine evap will drop PPMs. My Tap is around 280 out of tap and after sitting is around 180 PPMs.

G

MY PPM IS UNDER 100 CUSE IT DON'T SHOW UP ON METER !! PH IS 7 EVERYTIME ,, WELL IF IT RAINS HARD THEN IT'S UP FOR A DAY!